Peterman Works w/ Tom House, Adds Velocity

11 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Ha Ha Ha - The worst in History?

WOW - the turnip truck can't be far down the road, Biscuit. You should be able to catch it if you try...

Haha, I have no idea what that means.  And I’m far from a Tyrod fan but our head coach benched his starting qb during a playoff race for a rookie who threw 5 ints!!!! How does it get worst than that?  You are underselling how awful that decision was.

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I see the troll accuser has been doing his daily trolling.

nothing wrong with the kid trying to improve. but it wont help his case any with those who just get off on hating on a bills player.

And this sums up today’s mentality.  If you don’t think a player is good enough, you hate them.

i think every non crazy Bills fans would love to be super surprised that Peterman magically turns into a franchise qb.  Unfortunately there is a thing called reality, so the odds are really, really small of this happening.

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well, strength in the areas you would think doesnt always translate 1:1...

Most of your strength regardless of what you are doing comes from your lower body and engaging your posterior chain properly and efficiently...

Its a combination of both. The most velocity will come from learning how to properly torque your hips and likely from doing hip flexor/posterior chain/lower body work. Watch Tom Brady...he has a very efficient motion where he basically twists his hips and is able to generate really good velocity on the ball.

He was one of the QBs with suspect velocity coming into the NFL

Interesting!  Thanks for your response.

So I wonder how many HS coaches there are out there who just don't know how to train for or teach this.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, I have no idea what that means.  And I’m far from a Tyrod fan but our head coach benched his starting qb during a playoff race for a rookie who threw 5 ints!!!! How does it get worst than that?  You are underselling how awful that decision was.

And this sums up today’s mentality.  If you don’t think a player is good enough, you hate them.

i think every non crazy Bills fans would love to be super surprised that Peterman magically turns into a franchise qb.  Unfortunately there is a thing called reality, so the odds are really, really small of this happening.

It's a such simple minded way to view things.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he was accurate in college. His college film is filled with horrible inaccuracy.  To me he is a classic case of getting the accuracy badge because he doesn't have a big arm.  It is the classic cliche used to describe QBs with less than ideal arm strength "smart and accurate."  My personal view on his college tape was the arm strength wasn't quite as bad as reported and the accuracy was nowhere near as good as reported.  He played in a gimmicky college offense and you had talking head draft media calling him "pro-ready".  I mean I know it is a thing on here at the moment to say nobody on this forum knows as much as guys who do this working for the networks but the draft media were way off base on Nathan Peterman.  His college tape was horrible from the perspective of a pro-evaluation.  All the "smart, accurate and pro-ready" stuff was just cliched rubbish from people who hadn't put the work in.  He was borderline undraftable.  The way he played in the league was absolutely zero surprise to me.  

Where he was drafted reflected his talent status. He was a fifth round pick. A qb drafted in his range is a long shot franchise qb prospect but it is an appropriate draft position for a backup qb prospect. If that is what he is then that pick was a good value pick. Peterman is a limited qb but he can as a temporary player run an offense. 

There are too many people chortling over his Charger debacle game (not saying you). But odds are he is going to be our backup as a second or third qb for the foreseeable future. It's true that there isn't much upside with him but that doesn't mean he won't get better.  He certainly isn't a difference maker but he does have some utility and a role on this team. 

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

The last time someone did some BS off-season learn how to play QB program, they came back worse. 

Brady worked this guy. And Brady didn't have a cannon and still doesn't. Accuracy is key. And Peterman can be accurate. I think you're under selling this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Where he was drafted reflected his talent status. He was a fifth round pick. A qb drafted in his range is a long shot franchise qb prospect but it is an appropriate draft position for a backup qb prospect. If that is what he is then that pick was a good value pick. Peterman is a limited qb but he can as a temporary player run an offense. 

There are too many people chortling over his Charger debacle game (not saying you). But odds are he is going to be our backup as a second or third qb for the foreseeable future. It's true that there isn't much upside with him but that doesn't mean he won't get better.  He certainly isn't a difference maker but he does have some utility and a role on this team. 

Not really.  It all depends on how which QB is drafted and how soon he's ready to start.  McCarron is perfectly situated as the bridge QB to a rookie who then transitions into a backup role.  The question is whether the Bills want to carry three QBs on the active roster.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You have to believe the odds of him becoming that are good though.... personally I never did and still don't. Is there still a chance he becomes an NFL backup that sticks in the league? Yes. Do I consider it likely? No. 

I honestly can't believe that the most controversial opinion I have ever had in 5 years here is that Nate Peterman sucks :D. 

And I think that in my mind sums it up.... I think fans want him to succeed and so have gor unneccessarily angry when I have given an honest assessment of why he won't. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

never said he would turn in to a franchise QB. just stated he is at least trying to improve his game. yes, it does become hating on a player when those, who are the loudest, who think they know it all, crusade against a player. one in particular jumps on every chance he can get. it's pathetic, yet not surprising considering the source.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You have to believe the odds of him becoming that are good though.... personally I never did and still don't. Is there still a chance he becomes an NFL backup that sticks in the league? Yes. Do I consider it likely? No. 

I honestly can't believe that the most controversial opinion I have ever had in 5 years here is that Nate Peterman sucks :D. 

And I think that in my mind sums it up.... I think fans want him to succeed and so have gor unneccessarily angry when I have given an honest assessment of why he won't. 

Peterman was a fifth round pick. That in itself tells you that he was a long shot qb prospect. I'm not saying or suggesting that your assessment of him is controversial. At best I'm saying he can turn out to be a reasonable backup. So I'm not inflating his talent level and role on this team or in this league. All I'm sayin (without anger) is that there is a potential backup role for him. That includes as a backup to the backup. It may not be great utility but some utility. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not really.  It all depends on how which QB is drafted and how soon he's ready to start.  McCarron is perfectly situated as the bridge QB to a rookie who then transitions into a backup role.  The question is whether the Bills want to carry three QBs on the active roster.

If the Bills want to keep three qbs on the roster he will be on the roster. Most teams keep three qbs on the roster but the third is not usually activated.  Is there a chance he will beat out McCarron? Probably not but not inconceivable because he is cheaper. My belief is he will be on the roster.  

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Peterman was a fifth round pick. That in itself tells you that he was a long shot qb prospect. I'm not saying or suggesting that your assessment of him is controversial. At best I'm saying he can turn out to be a reasonable backup. So I'm not inflating his talent level and role on this team or in this league. All I'm sayin (without anger) is that there is a potential backup role for him. That includes as a backup to the backup. It may not be great utility but some utility. 

At this point, where he was picked is completely irrelevant.

Once you were with a company did anyone ever ask you where you went to college or what your GPA was?

Just now, JohnC said:

If the Bills want to keep three qbs on the roster he will be on the roster. Most teams keep three qbs on the roster but the third is not usually activated.  Is there a chance he will beat out McCarron? Probably not but not inconceivable because he is cheaper. My belief is he will be on the roster.  

Most teams do not. 

Wow!   Six pages on this--the draft can't come soon enough.

IMO, Peterman is what he is--a Gail Gilbert / Brian Brohm ship-in-the night guy who'll be here a couple of years and then sail off into trivia question land...