Going Incognito in a Draft Move ...

T master

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would the Giants agree to a trade package including a batshit crazy malcontent who is said to have filed retirement papers, who is currently signed to a contract he's publically expressed anger about and fired his agent?  Why the hell would they?

I don’t think they would, personally.  If the Giants did, however, which is the question posed in the OP, then why would the Bills be opposed?  That was my point.  Please try to keep up with what we are actually discussing.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You said you couldn’t imagine him playing for the bills- all good if a bit of a throwaway comment but I was just asking what aspect was driving that.

if he shows up what do they do with those feelings? Cut him and eat the cap hit? 

He currently does not appear on the active team roster.  He's asked for his release.  It's hard to see him playing in Buffalo that's all.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think they would, personally.  If the Giants did, however, which is the question posed in the OP, then why would the Bills be opposed?  That was my point.  Please try to keep up with what we are actually discussing.

I'm sorry, it does appear I am "keep up" impaired when the question decreases to the level of "if the homeless men you met whilst walking down Rosemary St towards the Dirty Onion three weeks ago offered you a million dollars, would you be opposed?"  level of probability.  

I mean, no I'm not opposed, sure, I'll take it, but is it likely to happen?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

If somebody wants to bite on Ritchie, cool. Get what we can for him.

He's not gonna play here anyway so a trade seems like a win-win, he gets to play, amd we get something for him. If not he can stay retired and lose a year of football because the Bills should absolutely not release his rights. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, it does appear I am "keep up" impaired when the question decreases to the level of "if the homeless men you met whilst walking down Rosemary St towards the Dirty Onion three weeks ago offered you a million dollars, would you be opposed?"  level of probability.   I mean, no I'm not opposed, sure, I'll take it, but is it likely?

No, as I stated, I don’t think it’s likely.  Do you not understand my position on this matter after two posts?  

To the OP....hell yeah I’d send Ritchie (with a bow on his head) to East Rutherford in 2 seconds if the Giants were to accept him as draft capital to move up to #2.  I do not, however, think that this scenario is likely.  In fact, I believe that this scenario is highly unlikely.  

That clear, Hap?

I thought he was getting overpaid  to begin with. He’s a 35 year old guard getting 7 Million a year. We can get. FA Guy right now for half the price that will be his level. And take the extra savings and go sign Navarro Bowman to a two year deal. And take a little pressure off the draft needs?

...the more I ruminate on this entire mess, the more I think something is NOT passing the smell test.....and we will NEVER know the facts/truth.....IMO, his PRE-CUT salary for a blind side guard still performing at a high level was very reasonable (final year of his deal)....so why  propose a pay cut?........what happened?......something with the McD mold fit NOW?..why create a potential hole with a performing position?......as I said, stank is coming from the OBD chimney...AND....we'll never know.................

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, they're not.  But they're paid a lot more.

Bitonio, when healthy like he was last year,  is a top 10 guard, probably pushing top 5. Ziegler is great too. They are both better than Incognito, especially in his current state. 

Incognito is a better deal in regards to how cheap his contract is, but he is also 34.

7 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I thought he was getting overpaid  to begin with. He’s a 35 year old guard getting 7 Million a year. We can get. FA Guy right now for half the price that will be his level. And take the extra savings and go sign Navarro Bowman to a two year deal. And take a little pressure off the draft needs?

I struggle with that statement - you are saying that a JAG will walk in off the street and play at RI's level??  Sorry dude - I just don't buy that at all.  Just not at all - if that were true lets go to the magical Guard tree and pick a few cuz the Bills sure do need em!!!

3 hours ago, T master said:

With all that is surrounding what Richie Incognito is doing do you as Bills fans think that they could make him a part of a package to trade up to do away with his contract & what ever else he is trying to do ?

Or do you think that he would be more of a deal breaker if they did add him to a package deal to move up if that is in fact what the Bills are thinking of doing  ?

Would say the Giants be interested in him or the Browns at 4 ??

And if they would trade him would his entire contract thing go with him with no cap ramifications for the Bills ??

I'm not sure you can trade crazy. 

It sucks, and I'm not implying this is you bc I dont know your thoughts but it always amazes me how people suggest trading an asset we no longer want bc of the headache and there is some sort of perceived value in that. Homers sometimes overvalue their assets. Once in a while Darcy could pull it off but I assume it hurt him more than it ever helped him.Our garbage is garbage. Not another man's treasure

Edited by gobills1212

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No, No, No, and No.

Curious as to why you wouldn’t be interested in trading him?  If he doesn’t play for the Bills, he is worthless to us.  If he is traded, he is worth something.  To prove a point?

im confused as to why we asked him to take a pay cut.  He’s been our best OL since he’s been here. He wasn’t overpaid.  Sure he made the mistake of accepting the pay cut.  He made even bigger mistakes with his recent tweets.  His mistakes just made the Bills a worse team. Even if he wanted to come back to play for the Bills, would we take him back?  If the answer is no, we should most definitely trade him.....if another team will take him.  Ritchie as a trade asset >> Ritchie retiring imo.

sorry if you already answered this, I haven’t read the entire thread yet

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Curious as to why you wouldn’t be interested in trading him?  If he doesn’t play for the Bills, he is worthless to us.  If he is traded, he is worth something.  To prove a point?

im confused as to why we asked him to take a pay cut.  He’s been our best OL since he’s been here. He wasn’t overpaid.  Sure he made the mistake of accepting the pay cut.  He made even bigger mistakes with his recent tweets.  His mistakes just made the Bills a worse team. Even if we wanted to come back to play for the Bills, would we take him back?  If the answer is no, we should most definitely trade him.....if another team will take him.  Ritchie as a trade asset >> Ritchie retiring imo.

sorry if you already answered this, I haven’t read the entire thread yet

The questions are not even in the realm of possibility IMO.  Not even worth pondering. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The questions are not even in the realm of possibility IMO.  Not even worth pondering. 

I don’t get it.  Because no one would want him?  Because he’s retired?  Because there’s zero chance we trade him to prove a point?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I don’t get it.  Because no one would want him?  Because he’s retired?  Because there’s zero chance we trade him to prove a point?

Read the questions in the OP.  None of them sound like anything that would happen. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Read the questions in the OP.  None of them sound like anything that would happen. 

Copy that.  Didn’t realize you were just answering each question.  

I’m not sure if the giants (salary cap)  or Browns (set at guard) would be interested, but I could see Denver, Indy, TB, Chicago, SF and the raiders possibly being interested.

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Bitonio, when healthy like he was last year,  is a top 10 guard, probably pushing top 5. Ziegler is great too. They are both better than Incognito, especially in his current state. 

Incognito is a better deal in regards to how cheap his contract is, but he is also 34.

He's also coming off a Pro Bowl year.  And he's made the Pro Bowl the last 3 years whereas your guys haven't.  And it's not like he's Mr. Popular.