Going Incognito in a Draft Move ...

T master

With all that is surrounding what Richie Incognito is doing do you as Bills fans think that they could make him a part of a package to trade up to do away with his contract & what ever else he is trying to do ?

Or do you think that he would be more of a deal breaker if they did add him to a package deal to move up if that is in fact what the Bills are thinking of doing  ?

Would say the Giants be interested in him or the Browns at 4 ??

And if they would trade him would his entire contract thing go with him with no cap ramifications for the Bills ??

16 minutes ago, T master said:

With all that is surrounding what Richie Incognito is doing do you as Bills fans think that they could make him a part of a package to trade up to do away with his contract & what ever else he is trying to do ?

I don't think a player who is said to have filed retirement papers with the NFLPA and who is airing his personal business in a series of bizarro-world tweets has much trade value.  If he shuts up now and provides some sort of assurances he's done with twitter, he might be worth a late 2nd day pick or a 3rd day.

16 minutes ago, T master said:

And if they would trade him would his entire contract thing go with him with no cap ramifications for the Bills ??

Since his restructure included a $1M bonus, the Bills would keep a $1.15M cap hit and free $4.75M in a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think a player who is said to have filed retirement papers with the NFLPA and who is airing his personal business in a series of bizarro-world tweets has much trade value.  If he shuts up now and provides some sort of assurances he's done with twitter, he might be worth a late 2nd day pick or a 3rd day.

Since his restructure included a $1M bonus, the Bills would keep a $1.15M cap hit and free $4.75M in a trade.

Yep.  If Richie in fact wants to be traded, he's going about it the wrong way by destroying his trade value.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sure.  If the Giants covet Incognito for some reason, and RI is a batshit crazy malcontent, why wouldn’t we be willing to package him in a trade to move up to #2?  Especially if that meant that we were able to keep a pick or two in the process.  Why the hell not?

Why would the Giants agree to a trade package including a batshit crazy malcontent who is said to have filed retirement papers, who is currently signed to a contract he's publically expressed anger about and fired his agent?  Why the hell would they?

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I can't imagine a scenario where Incognito plays for the Bills this year.  If he's worth something to somebody and it benefits the Bills I say go do it.

Really?  Richie is a spinning wheel right now and who knows where the wheel will stop.  

He was a happy camper last year and I can imagine him settling into a happy camper role again this year.  

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I can't imagine a scenario where Incognito plays for the Bills this year.  If he's worth something to somebody and it benefits the Bills I say go do it.

If he shows up are you cutting him and eating the bonus you gave (and any other guarantees)

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I can't say yes or no.  I do know that everyone in this thread probably feels differently about Richie than we did a week ago.  How could  Beane and McDermott not feel differently too?

You said you couldn’t imagine him playing for the bills- all good if a bit of a throwaway comment but I was just asking what aspect was driving that.

if he shows up what do they do with those feelings? Cut him and eat the cap hit? 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No, No, No, and No.

If someone is willing to give us a 3rd or 4th for him and believe he’ll actually play, I’d do it. 

I don’t think anyone would, but it’s a deep offensive line draft and we could just be done with it 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

If someone is willing to give us a 3rd or 4th for him and believe he’ll actually play, I’d do it. 

I don’t think anyone would, but it’s a deep offensive line draft and we could just be done with it 

No team is giving up anything for a 34 year old G with a history of being unstable.  Let's be realistic.