227 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is most likely to BUST?

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson

I think Lamar Jackson is the highest% chance to bust

I think if Josh Allen busts though, he's going to be a nuclear explosion since he will be a much higher pick than Jackson

Busting on a guy taken 15-20 isn't as hurtful as a guy you traded multiple picks to move to and acquire 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think Lamar Jackson is the highest% chance to bust

I think if Josh Allen busts though, he's going to be a nuclear explosion since he will be a much higher pick than Jackson

Busting on a guy taken 15-20 isn't as hurtful as a guy you traded multiple picks to move to and acquire 

If Allen was going late 1st or later, like he should, I would feel much better about his chances.  Instead, he is going to be forced to play right away and be a savior.  That’s a lot to ask for a guy who was average in the Mountain West.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Allen was going late 1st or later, like he should, I would feel much better about his chances.  Instead, he is going to be forced to play right away and be a savior.  That’s a lot to ask for a guy who was average in the Mountain West.

I think whoever takes him knows he's sitting a year minimum.

I also think that he should go high because his physical attributes/arm strength give him the highest ceiling

#1? Nah.

Top #5-7? Yeah.

He reminds me of the 18 year olds that used to get drafted top10 in the NBA.

Huge potential.

Some panned out (Kobe)

Many didn't (Darius miles, kwame brown)

Will he be kobe or brown??

If he's Kobe, you're set for 15+ years at QB.

If he's Brown you're back to the top 5 for a decade.

I think they could almost equally all be busts - when you factor in when they are going to be selected.

Draft grades on every one of these guys is much lower than when they are going to be picked because SO many teams are in need of a QB.  So, there are going to be a lot of reaches - and that is going to make the bust potential high.

That's why I'm more about picking Jackson/Rudolph using one of our picks - without having to trade the farm.  If 6 QBs go in the top 11 picks - we are going to have someone great fall to us.  I think this fan/media frenzy may actually play out differently on day 1.  It is quite possible these GMs are all going to sober up and they will realize they can't reach for these guys if they want to keep their job.  Although - it is much easier for them to use THEIR pick to take a flier on a QB than it is for teams like us to blow up draft capital we worked hard to stockpile.  The Jets way overpaid to get to #3, from #6.  That is what started this madness.  I get they did it because they were worried we'd move to 3 - but they hurt themselves if their QB is not a Franchise QB.

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think whoever takes him knows he's sitting a year minimum.

I also think that he should go high because his physical attributes/arm strength give him the highest ceiling

#1? Nah.

Top #5-7? Yeah.

He reminds me of the 18 year olds that used to get drafted top10 in the NBA.

Huge potential.

Some panned out (Kobe)

Many didn't (Darius miles, kwame brown)

Will he be kobe or brown??

If he's Kobe, you're set for 15+ years at QB.

If he's Brown you're back to the top 5 for a decade.

That’s a good comparison.  My counter would be that his physical skills are maxed out unlike 18 year olds, so you have a better idea of his ceilings. Also, for a guy who is talked about going that high should have much better production in the MWC.  And low completion % is the one stat that seems to translate the best to the pros.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a good comparison.  My counter would be that his physical skills are maxed out unlike 18 year olds, so you have a better idea of his ceilings. Also, for a guy who is talked about going that high should have much better production in the MWC.  And low completion % is the one stat that seems to translate the best to the pros.

Fair points to be sure

Let's also factor in his team was complete trash around him

But most males physically mature into their mid 20s

He's 22

He hasn't hit his physical peak, but yes, it's easier to project it than with a 18yo

Again, Allen scares me, but I can see why teams would take the risk

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think he is pretty “safe” but I can see him being fairly meh though. I think he has the highest floor.

He's def the milqtoast of the top 4

I think that the answer is Allen or Jackson. I voted Allen because Jackson will always be an elite athlete. If he is awful as a QB he could still be a dangerous receiver/returner. He is elite with the ball in his hands. Allen is a good athlete as well but I doubt he gets a chance elsewhere (like TE). Both have high ceilings and low floors as QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

Which guy won't bust and how is a bust defined are good questions too. I think the bust potential is high for all of them if less than pro bowl or 5+ year starter is the cutoff. I don't see Rosen as much of a football player, he's a guy who looks the part but lacks the heart imo. Allen has shown nothing but size and arm, a lot of unrealized potential. Lamar is a super athlete who plays qb, but very scheme dependent. Darnold is an unfinished product still, has regressed in college. Mayfield is off the charts in many ways but less than ideal size, for what that is worth. Rudolph is prototypical but is lacking arm etc. Maybe Lauletta or White will turn out the best and go to teams that don't need qbs, as an afterthought shot in the dark. They all have bust potential. Allen Jackson and Rosen are guys I could see not making it. Jackson is amazing dual threat but I can't see that lasting in the pros for too long. If I had to bet on one of them not to bust, I would pick Mayfield.

Edited by Turk71

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the answer is Allen or Jackson. I voted Allen because Jackson will always be an elite athlete. If he is awful as a QB he could still be a dangerous receiver/returner. He is elite with the ball in his hands. Allen is a good athlete as well but I doubt he gets a chance elsewhere (like TE). Both have high ceilings and low floors as QBs. 

Or he'll just be a RPO QB who runs around like Tyrod or Vick. he should be fine with using his legs for several years. He might never become a great QB but he'll play because he'll be a weapon until coaches figure him out.

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with this.  I think Jackson has the "floor" of Kordell Stewart.  Guy brought a talented team to the AFC Championship.  

Edited by RyanC883

I selected lamar, but Josh allen has the potential to be Drew Bledsoe 2.0.  I was not a big fan of Bledsoe from a performance standpoint, I felt like his heart was there when in Buffalo, but he grew cement shoes.

Just now, kdiggz said:

i'm trying not to respond, i don't want to influence the voting.  i'll just say that i think the voting so far is very interesting and not what i expected!

Crazy, I looked at the results and thought it was pretty bang on with my own notions. thinking maybe flip flopping allen with jackson.  I think since jackson's game resembles that of Tyrod Taylor, and we all know what Taylor's ceiling was, this really is no surprise.

22 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Crazy, I looked at the results and thought it was pretty bang on with my own notions. thinking maybe flip flopping allen with jackson.  I think since jackson's game resembles that of Tyrod Taylor, and we all know what Taylor's ceiling was, this really is no surprise.

The one player is who I thought but it's a lot closer than I thought it would be. Interesting stuff