Which QB is most likely to BUST?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is most likely to BUST?

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson

I got Jackson, but Allen is a close 2nd. I think the NFL game is going to be too fast for Jackson mentally. LJ can still be molded into something else because of his athletic ability if need be though.  

Just now, H2o said:

I got Jackson, but Allen is a close 2nd. I think the NFL game is going to be too fast for Jackson mentally. LJ can still be molded into something else because of his athletic ability if need be though.  

Have you heard him talking?

I think checkers is too fast for him mentally.

• Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen and it's not even close IMO.  Can't "teach" accuracy.    He's the Jeff George of the 21st Century NFL.  

Rosen would be second.  IMO he's a younger Jay Cutler.  Lots of talent but he's no fighter.  He'll be great until he gets the proverbial punch in the face.  

Jackson would be third, the Vince Young of the modern age. His athleticism is elite in the college game and he used it brilliantly, but in the NFL, everybody is an elite athlete and his #1 advantage is erased.   

Edited by dpberr

I voted for Allen, probably should have picked Jackson. Anyway, seems to be pretty clear what the opinion of this board is. One of the 2 is viewed as the likely bust. The rest of the QBs people seem pretty comfortable with. And, if Thurmanator hadn't voted 6 times for Rosen his % would be 0%.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Josh Allen and it's not even close IMO.  Can't "teach" accuracy.    He's the Jeff George of the 21st Century NFL.  

Rosen would be second.  IMO he's a younger Jay Cutler.  Lots of talent but he's no fighter.  He'll be great until he gets the proverbial punch in the face.  

Jackson would be third, the Vince Young of the modern age. His athleticism is elite in the college game and he used it brilliantly, but in the NFL, everybody is an elite athlete and his #1 advantage is erased.   

Um.

His athleticism is still top tier, even in the NFL, and he would still have an advantage.

The gap just isn't as wide.

In 2017 I wanted Deshaun Watson really bad. In 2018 I want nothing to do with Lamar Jackson. He has trouble reading defense's, he has poor accuracy, his legs look like they will snap like twigs. He doesn't put touch on his passes, seems to throw bullet passes all over the field even to guys in the flat. JaMarcus Russell had this same problem through college and the pro's and all his WR's had lots of dropped balls. I think NFL defense's are going to be too much for Jackson to handle. As sure as I am that Watson will be a good QB I have the exact opposite feeling about Jackson.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

1. Allen

2. Rosen

3. Jackson

I consider Allen and Jackson question marks and 50/50 shots.  So, I wouldn’t consider them busts.

So, I would only consider Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield potential busts.

I went with Darnold.