Are We Losing The Off-Season?

41 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Eric Wood has been really overrated for a long time and I was upset when he signed that extension. Richie still plays at a very high level and his loss is big, but some fresh blood there is exciting and I believe we will be okay. I really do think Ryan Groy could replace one. We get a guy like Ragnow, Price maybe in the second round and Bodine becomes your swing guy or competes to start. 

Well maybe Wood was over rated. But I am not going by reputation. I watched I think it was 4 games on all 22. Over and over spending at least 3 hours per game.

Granted it was only 4 games but in those 4 he and Incognito were hands down better than the other 3 starters. I don't think Groy played much so I can't say how he would compare.

From what I watched though, "over rated" applies to Dawkins. He was adequate and not awful. But not the smashing success and upcoming star I read about. At least not yet and at least not to my eyes which are not expert. Dawkins is tough though that Bosa guy on the chargers poked Dawkins in the eye really bad (wasn't noticed by refs) (or reported in the news) and yet Dawkins didn't even miss one play to recover from it.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Maybe it is nobody's fault, but I'm getting uneasy about this off-season so far.

Eric Wood suddenly retired, then Zay Jones had a breakdown on film, now Incognito retired.

So  2 of 11 starters on offense are gone and 1 is questionable. This is really bad luck.

Next here are Sal C's main free agent needs prior to free agency starting:

(http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-ranking-bills-five-biggest-needs-heading-free-agency)

Defensive tackle, Linebacker, Wide receiver, Offensive line, Defensive end/Pass rusher.

Of those 5, we addressed only Defensive tackle in a meaningful way.

And then the needs got worse at offensive line and receiver.

Setting the upcoming draft aside, it seems to me we got worse instead of better so far. What do you think?

the way i see it, no Rex is a win in any off-season. so, there is that..... 

• Like (+1) 1

To me 3 major surprises, Woods, Mathews & Incognito. Jordan Mathews apparently wasn't going to sign here so all 3 were unavoidable.

I see this as a 3 year rebuild. Plenty of time for adjustments. Groy can play LG or center so we need 1 starter. Probably a LG

I do believe moving up could be a problem using up most of our picks. If it was me I look to trade a 2019 selection for a starting center.

Edited by HOUSE

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Maybe it is nobody's fault, but I'm getting uneasy about this off-season so far.

Eric Wood suddenly retired, then Zay Jones had a breakdown on film, now Incognito retired.

So  2 of 11 starters on offense are gone and 1 is questionable. This is really bad luck.

(http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-ranking-bills-five-biggest-needs-heading-free-agency)

Defensive tackle, Linebacker, Wide receiver, Offensive line, Defensive end/Pass rusher.

Setting the upcoming draft aside, it seems to me we got worse instead of better so far. What do you think?

I 'm beginning to think Beane is on a power rush. It's too early for him to making such eye opening decisions...he is,without a doubt a poker player and is all in on becoming the stud talent evaluator or a complete incapable bust.So far..he's playing hardball instead of playing church softball on Tuesday nights.Live by the sword..did by the sword.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It's a center and a guard.  I can't think of two easier positions to replace, to be honest.  It's time to get younger.

Naive post of the day.  Further we have one good lineman and he was a rookie last year You win with.  a solid off. Line. They do much that goes unnoticed. Of course I am biased because I coached that position nine of my seventeen years

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Where do you get 2 starters gone from ? Taylor, Woods, Incognito, plus if you figure the FA departures it's a lot more than 2 ..

But last year they traded away a few so i think Mc Bean will be okay ...

Since no games have been played the only off season measuring stick is wins vs losses in the personnel department.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not there own facts.  At this point in the Bills off ‘season’ my opinion is that we’re definitely losing. We’ll see how they do in the second half...more commonly known as The Draft.

Im hoping they can pull off a turn around!

Last year was a feel good story for Bills fans breaking the drought. But that 5-2 start was a mirage. Somehow they were +14 in turnovers, and they won games they probably shouldn't have. The rest of the season they went 4-5 once the turnover machine went away. This will be year 2 of what I think is a 3 year rebuild (if they are sucessful). They've tossed the Whaley trash to the curb and will have a lot of cap space next year. The next 2 drafts will be epically important.

This year? Meh. I think 8-8 would be a good season.

55 minutes ago, T master said:

Where do you get 2 starters gone from ? Taylor, Woods, Incognito, plus if you figure the FA departures it's a lot more than 2 ..

But last year they traded away a few so i think Mc Bean will be okay ...

Good point. It is more than two.

The thing is , the defensive players they brought in last did really well overall. 

The offensive ones didn't. Dawkins was their main claim to fame.

And McD mishandled the offense as a whole. I will leave it at that, but it worries me. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I 'm beginning to think Beane is on a power rush. It's too early for him to making such eye opening decisions...he is,without a doubt a poker player and is all in on becoming the stud talent evaluator or a complete incapable bust.So far..he's playing hardball instead of playing church softball on Tuesday nights.Live by the sword..did by the sword.

All I can say is I wouldn't know how to get out of the circumstance he is in now.

I hope he does.

3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

So far, lost some debatable but consistent starters for question marks and voids, then add surprise retirement of a stud olinemen. 

Offense is definitly trending the wrong way way right now 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I won't quibble with much of what you said, but I DO count Trent Murphy as a significant addressing of the Edge/DE need, especially in a year in which that position is weak in the draft.