Jahri Evans

I'm thinking Luke Joeckel, but there isn't much there in FA. I actually really like Ryan Groy as a replacement for Richie. He isn't going to give you the same production, but he has potential and is on the roster. I really don't think we are in dire straits.  

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm thinking Luke Joeckel, but there isn't much there in FA. I actually really like Ryan Groy as a replacement for Richie. He isn't going to give you the same production, but he has potential and is on the roster. I really don't think we are in dire straits.  

I was actually surprised that Groy wasn't one of our starters last year.

I agree with all of your statement.  

So as of now it looks like:

Dawkins - Groy - Bodine - Ducasse/Miller - Newhouse/Mills.

I'm hoping to upgrade the right side of the line in the draft in the middle rounds.

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was actually surprised that Groy wasn't one of our starters last year.

I agree with all of your statement.  

So as of now it looks like:

Dawkins - Groy - Bodine - Ducasse/Miller - Newhouse/Mills.

I'm hoping to upgrade the right side of the line in the draft in the middle rounds.

That would be the worst line in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Groy IS the replacement....but now we need depth

• Like (+1) 2

Not worried about Bodine at all?  He wasn’t very good and his team let him go for 2.5 mill a year.  Seems like he’s a poor mans guard version of Preston brown.  If he wasn’t a poor mans version he may be fine. Hopefully he fits the scheme.  I’m worried though.  

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If the Bills are ever gonna be any good they have to build a young team that wins together.

Exactly...  Going to suck next year with all this change on the OL, but Richie was gone next year anyways. 

Rip the band-aid off, get young blood in there, and rebuild this line for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not worried about Bodine at all?  He wasn’t very good and his team let him go for 2.5 mill a year.  Seems like he’s a poor mans guard version of Preston brown.  If he wasn’t a poor mans version he may be fine. Hopefully he fits the scheme.  I’m worried though.  

I'd put Miller in at Guard again. Hopefully, McDermott hasn't burned him out because of Dennison's crappy offense. A power run scheme better suits Miller. 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Ducasse

C - Groy

RG - Miller

RT - Newhouse

We have players that seem interchangeable at any line position. A Dawkins injury would spell disaster though. 

The unsigned free agent guards are all unsigned for a reason.  Evans is 35 and doesn't have a lot in the tank.  Luke Joeckel struggled to make the transition to the pro game.  Trey Hopkins is limited athletically.  There are probably 10 free agents out there.  If Buffalo felt they needed to, they could probably bring one of them in, but don't expect an all pro.

5 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

I'd put Miller in at Guard again. Hopefully, McDermott hasn't burned him out because of Dennison's crappy offense. A power run scheme better suits Miller. 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Ducasse

C - Groy

RG - Miller

RT - Newhouse

We have players that seem interchangeable at any line position. A Dawkins injury would spell disaster though. 

That's an awful oline. The interior would get smashed in pass pro. They'd better draft Jackson if that's their interior. 

• Thank you (+1) 1