Trouble in the Talley household?

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kinda lost some respect when I read " a whore in the bedroom" lmao

classy woman don't talk like that 

On the flipside,he is such a competitive type,he just may have lost his mind when his multi million dollar business failed.He went public about his business failures..former Bills alumni even orchestrated a fund raiser for him.The human mind is a mystery...and always will be,we can't challenge that fact.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I dunno; maybe she told him she's trying to be a fiction writer and he's completely ok with it. There isn't enough info to judge one way or the other. All we have are her other essays, and fiction is involved in them.

Today their daughter tweeted “sometimes you can’t fix what’s been broken” which mom retweeted

Today she also retweeted a quote about the art of nonfiction being staying true to the facts while presenting them in an interesting way. 

Both seem to imply there’s some truth here.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Today their daughter tweeted “sometimes you can’t fix what’s been broken” which mom retweeted

Today she also retweeted a quote about the art of nonfiction being staying true to the facts while presenting them in an interesting way. 

Yeah, saw that; she quoted john mcphee. Regardless, some of the other stuff on the site is clearly fiction, so I don't know what to make of that one tweet. She also called it "free verse" in another tweet. Who knows.

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I didn’t mean to go there. The Talley’s mean a lot to this place though as this is where the whole fundraising campaign began. 

I wasn’t planning on digging into and analyzing their relationship. It was more sharing the post. Besides it was that or starting another thread about a QB in the draft.

FWIW, John Warwow retweeted it. That’s where I saw it.

STOP!  There Is ZERO shame in a new thread that is not about a QB. A career retrospective about Bozo The Clown could beat the average new thread here, so this was eligible for award consideration! 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Well, they’ve cleary had issues in the past. They were very open about that and how difficult it was. That was all from the original piece (think Tim Graham did it). 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, saw that; she quoted john mcphee. Regardless, some of the other stuff on the site is clearly fiction, so I don't know what to make of that one tweet. She also called it "free verse" in another tweet. Who knows.

Yup. I’m not making any major assumptions or anything... just seems there’s something there. Even if that’s how she feels it doesn’t mean he’s been been a monster. Could be they just drastically grew apart through the years too. Regardless - all the best to their family. Even if this is totally fiction, they’ve had a rough run.

Kirby, Thanks for posting.  Would have missed this otherwise.  This is very sad if its a reflection of where Darryl and Janine's life is right now. 

Many of us donated when Darryl was at his apparent lowest point but the bad thing about CTE and other physical/mental ailments is that often there is no lowest point...it just continues to worsen.  This isn't even a "thoughts and prayers" or "God bless them" thing (Although they have that from all of us)...

I want to remember #56 as a relentless linebacker who played with passion -- sadly that style of play contributed to his current situation.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

what was wrong with that line... if you are faithful to the one man in your life then you can be anything you want in the bedroom

Calling oneself a whore in any circumstance still isn't classy

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Apologies to Kirby. Talley is lamping. Airing family issues in public.

Maybe another Buffalo NY rally/ benefit party/ picnic raffle - - - - You can only do so much.  This whole deal about football related injuries is getting stupid1

40 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If this is her truth and not just creative writing.... there’s a good chance the outpouring for her husband was really hard on her and she feels the need for some public validation of her reality. Again, if she’s speaking her truth here it has got to be tough to feel abused and see that person lauded by millions of people. 

It's called being desperate.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That was a downer.  I can't help but to think that the same thing is happening with other former players whose spouses don't have a blog, so no one will ever know.  

I know many folks on the board don't think much of Tim Graham and his writing and his attitude -- but he has an excellent series of articles on players impacted by CTE that's worth the read.  Björn Nittmo, Darryl and others...he has been the go to writer in the country on chronicling this stuff.

2 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Maybe another Buffalo NY rally/ benefit party/ picnic raffle - - - - You can only do so much.  This whole deal about football related injuries is getting stupid1

How would more gifting help? The first fundraiser was set up for him to find a long term solution,it didn't work. We can't be enablers...

Well hopefully venting that hurt clears the air some. You name your price. If it cost to much walk away. 

I would never think somebody writes something so personal if it's fictional. Those are real feelings.

Edited by Lfod