Trouble in the Talley household?

When he played for the Bills there was a lot of press about him going to McDonalds apprentice programs preparing for being a franchisee for his future.  Seemed like he was totally squared away.  What the hell happened to him?  I thought he was one of the smart guys with his dough.  

That is a lot of pain. I can only hope everyone involved finds some peace. If writing helps Janine then so be it. Darryl was one of my favorites players as a kid. I met him on many occasions and he was by far one of the most gracious players. I hope he can find peace and all around him can forgive . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Apologies to Kirby. Talley is lamping. Airing family issues in public.

I don’t mean this in a personal/negative way, I promise. Sometimes when a loved one is suffering, making all those around you suffer as a result, it needs to be released in a healthy way. I’ll respond with compassion rather than criticism as often as I can. No one is looking for a hug from us. They are just trying to cope in a difficult period. 

Again, not personal towards you. I just know sometimes people suffer and need a release. Lord knows I’ve done it enough here, and elsewhere. Something like severe CTE or Alzheimer’s is almost worse than a quick death. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely not... I don't know the talleys situation and what he may have done to her over the years 

Spousal abuse is terrible 

just saying that line was not needed at all

what was wrong with that line... if you are faithful to the one man in your life then you can be anything you want in the bedroom

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the pinnacle of the offseason. Didnt think it would be you Kirby...

Ha ha, I didn’t mean to go there. The Talley’s mean a lot to this place though as this is where the whole fundraising campaign began. 

I wasn’t planning on digging into and analyzing their relationship. It was more sharing the post. Besides it was that or starting another thread about a QB in the draft.

FWIW, John Warwow retweeted it. That’s where I saw it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I didn’t mean to go there. The Talley’s mean a lot to this place though as this is where the whole fundraising campaign began. 

I wasn’t planning on digging into and analyzing their relationship. It was more sharing the post. Besides it was that or starting another thread about a QB in the draft.

Do you really think we might draft a QB? Please! Do tell more!!! 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t mean this in a personal/negative way, I promise. Sometimes when a loved one is suffering, making all those around you suffer as a result, it needs to be released in a healthy way. I’ll respond with compassion rather than criticism as often as I can. No one is looking for a hug from us. They are just trying to cope in a difficult period. 

Again, not personal towards you. I just know sometimes people suffer and need a release. Lord knows I’ve done it enough here, and elsewhere. Something like severe CTE or Alzheimer’s is almost worse than a quick death. 

If this is her truth and not just creative writing.... there’s a good chance the outpouring for her husband was really hard on her and she feels the need for some public validation of her reality. Again, if she’s speaking her truth here it has got to be tough to feel abused and see that person lauded by millions of people. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Worth scrolling to the bottom and seeing this:

"Her posts are a compilation of short stories that may or may not be figments of her imagination."

I hope this is one of the ones she's at least partially imagining. My best to both of them.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If this is her truth and not just creative writing.... there’s a good chance the outpouring for her husband was really hard on her and she feels the need for some public validation of her reality. Again, if she’s speaking her truth here it has got to be tough to feel abused and see that person lauded by millions of people. 

Read the other pieces before assuming it's non-fiction. One of the three is clearly fiction. I don't know enough about her life to judge whether the other one is, but it reads as if it has at least some fictional components.

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

This is interesting. If Jimbo has cancer, it must help to have everyone reach out in support. If someone else has CTE/undiagnosed  Alzheimer’s/addiction issues, you may bear much of the brunt of it on your own, without the full public appreciation for how difficult it is. They are beloved to a million unknown people, none of whom know the hell that daily life can be. It’s tricky stuff, and I don’t have the answers. 

I hope they can work through this. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Read the other pieces before assuming it's non-fiction. One of the three is clearly fiction. I don't know enough about her life to judge whether the other one is, but it reads as if it has at least some fictional components.

If it’s fiction, I don’t think Darryl would appreciate that post. I know I sure wouldn’t, wtf. Wonder if he’s even read it.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

If it’s fiction, I don’t think Darryl would appreciate that post. I know I sure wouldn’t, wtf. Wonder if he’s even read it.

I dunno; maybe she told him she's trying to be a fiction writer and he's completely ok with it. There isn't enough info to judge one way or the other. All we have are her other essays, and fiction is involved in them.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I dunno; maybe she told him she's trying to be a fiction writer and he's completely ok with it. There isn't enough info to judge one way or the other. All we have are her other essays, and fiction is involved in them.

edit: she calls the piece "a little free verse" -- https://mobile.twitter.com/J9Talley

scroll down. Her feed doesn't read like someone in a terrible situation at the moment.