TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With the 12th Pick in TSW Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville

Here's some snippets from the presser:

Beane - Since we weren't allowed to make trades, we decided to throw out the entire process, panic, and take Jackson.  Sometimes, savants score low on tests.  At least, that's what Lamar told us in his "fake agent" voice when we reached out to him.  Unfortunately, he couldn't get his google calendar app to work, so we couldn't schedule a draft visit with him.  I'm confident that this pick won't cost me my job at all....

McDermott - I'm sorry, we drafted who?  ****.......................................

Redskins are on the clock

@billspro

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thx...ouch...can we trade back?  ?

Nope.   That is a very silly idea.  What reality is suppose to be is that NOBODY can trade up to beat us to one of the top 4-5 QB's.    Nobody is going to way overpay.  None of the teams picking before us are going to want to keep their pick for themselves rather than trade it for an equal value group of lower picks.  There is no reason to speculate about what we might do at #12 and trading down is CERTAINLY not one of them

Just now, maryland-bills-fan said:

Nope.   That is a very silly idea.  What reality is suppose to be is that NOBODY can trade up to beat us to one of the top 4-5 QB's.    Nobody is going to way overpay.  None of the teams picking before us are going to want to keep their pick for themselves rather than trade it for an equal value group of lower picks.  There is no reason to speculate about what we might do at #12 and trading down is CERTAINLY not one of them

You're correct.  How silly of me to even joke around about this very serious matter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

Thing is I don't think he makes it to 22. I like Vea don't get me wrong, but dt with the signing of Star isn't our biggest ned rt now. Lb core looks pretty pitiful right now

You cabbot draft the first round based on need. I agree, LB is terrible, but they should take the best player available 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You cabbot draft the first round based on need. I agree, LB is terrible, but they should take the best player available 

personally I think LVE will have just as much of an impact if not more than vea in the nfl

4 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Hey,  he could be a franchise player, but I didn't think that McBean was planning on a Tyrod Taylor the second.   I voted for a positional player and would take a more-pocket passer guy at #22.   http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018ljackson.php

just because lamar Jackson had a lot of rushing yards doesn't mean hes tyrod 2.0. he actually goes through progressions and throws to the middle of the field. Just watch him play and youll see he nothing like tyrod

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You might be right, but the possibility of having both intrigued me. 

Would absolutely love both but not if we cant get a qb

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 12th Pick in TSW Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville

Here's some snippets from the presser:

Beane - Since we weren't allowed to make trades, we decided to throw out the entire process, panic, and take Jackson.  Sometimes, savants score low on tests.  At least, that's what Lamar told us in his "fake agent" voice when we reached out to him.  Unfortunately, he couldn't get his google calendar app to work, so we couldn't schedule a draft visit with him.  I'm confident that this pick won't cost me my job at all....

McDermott - I'm sorry, we drafted who?  ****.......................................

Redskins are on the clock

@billspro

If Rudolph is available at #22 the whole FO who made this pick should be fired.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Rudolph is available at #22 the whole FO who made this pick should be fired.

this is incorrect thinking.  you don't gamble with QB, you pick one and then you get him.  too important of a position.  if they like Rudolph then they take him at 12.  who knows who likes who and who is going to trade up to get their guy.  too many if's

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

this is incorrect thinking.  you don't gamble with QB, you pick one and then you get him.  too important of a position.  if they like Rudolph then they take him at 12.  who knows who likes who and who is going to trade up to get their guy.  too many if's

Well, if we're really following that logic we would have traded up to #2 and got our guy. Which I am all for. But Im just playing strictly within the confines of this whacky mock.

Considering WE were the ones that picked Jackson, that was what I was getting at...

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, if we're really following that logic we would have traded up to #2 and got our guy. Which I am all for. But Im just playing strictly within the confines of this whacky mock.

Considering WE were the ones that picked Jackson, that was what I was getting at...

I see.  I think because you can't trade up in this I think the Bills would have to take a QB at 12 because the next 2 could be gone by 22.  I think Cards at 15 are a team that will get a guy and then who knows maybe Ravens, you never know.  I'm not a Jackson fan but I think he's more of a sure thing than Rudolph so the pick is ok by me

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Trading 3 first round picks a 2nd and 3rd pick and Cordy Glenn to get a QB (Rosen) who is one concussion away from a career playing tennis, may not be a great idea either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

I see.  I think because you can't trade up in this I think the Bills would have to take a QB at 12 because the next 2 could be gone by 22.  I think Cards at 15 are a team that will get a guy and then who knows maybe Ravens, you never know.  I'm not a Jackson fan but I think he's more of a sure thing than Rudolph so the pick is ok by me

Which is why I said IF one is still there, WE screwed up. B-)

I would have left Jackson to the Cards, and expected Rudolph to then slide to us at #22. I personally prefer Rudolph to Jackson, and we'd have a better D talent added at #12 instead of #22.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Trading 3 first round picks a 2nd and 3rd pick and Cordy Glenn to get a QB (Rosen) who is one concussion away from a career playing tennis, may not be a great idea either.

Maybe not, but it would be nice to see the Bills actually try for once in their entire 58 year history, since the passive approach hasnt worked well at all.

Redskins/blokestramus are having a bad go at the draft. Tanking for the year to get Alex Smith some more support against the eagles. Best of luck bloke, you may be wasting Alex Smith's final years.

Get some personnel to help out RGIII if he has a Vick like comeback or gimmick plays. Could be your only hope.