TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With the 26th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select Joshua Jackson, Cb Iowa. The saints and @frostbitmic are on the clock

29 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

The big question in this thread is how far is Josh Jackson going to drop?

Consider your question answered. I didn't even see that you said this though.

Edited by Watkins101

With the 27th pick in the 2018 draft, the New Orleans Saints select Taven Bryan - DT - Florida.

With how good our offense is it makes sense to draft the next JJ Watt to make QB lives a living hell as they try to outscore us.

Without a 2nd round pick in this draft we will now sit back and have cocktails and add commentary, if we make it to a 3rd round we'll get back to work. The Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock.

52 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if we don't have an OC that can't change his offense to the qb we have the wrong OC.  Look at the eagles. changed their scheme to fit Foles instead of running the same one and they won a superbowl. Texans doing it as well.  

Or get a QB that can run a very successful NFL Offensive scheme with your choice. I know it is ground breaking 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Or get a QB that can run a very successful NFL Offensive scheme with your choice. I know it is ground breaking 

which one is ground breaking? the eagles who literally just did it and won a superbowl. that's groundbreaking. not every team has qbs that have the exact same strengths. I'd actually say that's impossible to have.  You must have oc's who can run different systems that can succeed under different qbs.  

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

which one is ground breaking? the eagles who literally just did it and won a superbowl. that's groundbreaking. not every team has qbs that have the exact same strengths. I'd actually say that's impossible to have.  You must have oc's who can run different systems that can succeed under different qbs.  

So they changed their entire offense. So therefore you are telling me their Starter Wentz is going to have to learn the nee offense?

Bills have a system that is very successful in the NFL so yeah lets draft a player that doesnt do anything that system requires. Yeah thats smart

just like drafting Payne redundant to the guy you just paid big money too. So yeah this is a disaster of a draft for the Bills if it falls this way

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So they changed their entire offense. So therefore you are telling me their Starter Wentz is going to have to learn the nee offense?

Bills have a system that is very successful in the NFL so yeah lets draft a player that doesnt do anything that system requires. Yeah thats smart

you don't have any idea what system the bills win run.  neither do i.  no wentz will be running the system that made him an mvp which was a different system than foles ran that made him super bowl mvp. my point is not qb is exactly the same and you must run the system that allows him to be most successful. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

you don't have any idea what system the bills win run.  neither do i.  no wentz will be running the system that made him an mvp which was a different system than foles ran that made him super bowl mvp. my point is not qb is exactly the same and you must run the system that allows him to be most successful. 

And while the jury is still out on Daboll, he has proven he can coach two different types of offense, and change gears mid-game. He made drastic changes for Bama at halftime. New QB, new completely different offense. I hope that means he'll be able to adapt to whoever we have at QB.

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Read above. It has been reported over and over they are planning on running a Earhardt Perkins system. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/breaking-down-what-bills-can-expect-from-new-oc-brian-daboll/amp/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389166-will-the-browns-brian-daboll-successfully-implement-the-hybrid-offense

so that is his background but yeah draft a QB that doesnt fit it. 

Edited by MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Read above. It has been reported over and over they are planning on running a Earhardt Perkins system. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/breaking-down-what-bills-can-expect-from-new-oc-brian-daboll/amp/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389166-will-the-browns-brian-daboll-successfully-implement-the-hybrid-offense

so that is his background but yeah draft a QB that doesnt fit it. 

that's great. now what if we have to change schemes cause our starting qb gets injured? what if we can't draft a qb that runs that system? do we have the staff that will change the system?

42 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Can we pin topics for each of our picks? It may help keep down clutter.

I doubt it and I have no say or control over that. We were lucky to get this pinned. 

There’s a Dabol and Lamar Jackson thread out there. Quite a few actually 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Steelers are on the clock 

@xRUSHx

With the 28th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers pick Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph.

Jags are on the clock

With few picks this draft,  all the Lbs gone Pitt was hunting for round 1 and with Big Ben talking retirement every season the time is now to train his replacement.

Edited by xRUSHx

Jaguars are on the clock

@wppete

20 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

With the 28th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers pick Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph.

Jags are on the clock

With few picks this draft,  all the Lbs gone Pitt was hunting for round 1 and with Big Ben talking retirement every season the time is now to train his replacement.

Is that not Landry Jones?

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Jaguars are on the clock

@wppete

Is that not Landry Jones?

With 29th pick the Jaguars select:

Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

Jags continue to build the O-Line. Hernandez fits perfect with the heavy run offese led by Fournette. 

Edited by wppete

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

With 29th pick the Jaguars select:

Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

Jags are building the O-Line. Hernandez for perfect with the heavy run offese with Fournette. 

While the sexy pick would be to take the first TE off the board, the Vikings instead do the right thing and invest in the trenches to protect their $84 million (guaranteed) man.

With the 30th pick the Minnesota Vikings take Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma.

Despite one of the slowest 40 times at the combine, the Vikings take the behemoth Brown to plug in at RT, which allows them to move Remmers to RG.

Brown is also Mike Mayock's #2 rated OT.

The Patsies are on the clock....