Saban's response to Rosen's comments regarding the demands of college football

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What's funny is that the same site that the OP used also said we should thank Rosen for his comments.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/instead_of_hating_josh_rosen_f.html

OOPS!

Yeah, I'm assuming that the OP is an alum of Alabama (otherwise it's all very creepy).  If his point is that Alabama has a lot of smart kids studying there...well, every college does.  But comparing it to the Ivy League in any way is nuts.

I guarantee, if you went to Bama, once you go North of DC, any employer is going to check if they can see your toes through your shoes and count your teeth before they interview you.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What's funny is that the same site that the OP used also said we should thank Rosen for his comments.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/instead_of_hating_josh_rosen_f.html

It's difficult to go to college and play competitive sports. What a revelation! I guess that unique insight makes Rosen a genius in the eyes of some.

Not sure what Alabama, or the two players at Clemson who graduated in 3 years had to do with this.

I guess Rosen thinks he's special because he attends UCLA and he is working on a degree in economic (which he will leave UCLA without finishing as far as I know).

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I guess Rosen thinks he's special because he attends UCLA and he is working on a degree in economic (which he will leave UCLA without finishing as far as I know).

I guess your degree wasn't in English.  

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It's difficult to go to college and play competitive sports. What a revelation! I guess that unique insight makes Rosen a genius in the eyes of some.

Not sure what Alabama, or the two players at Clemson who graduated in 3 years had to do with this.

It astonishes me how you keep missing the point of this.  I mean it's been going on for pages now.  It has to be trolling at this point....it has to be right?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Demanding degrees and Ivy League schools aren’t for everyone.

Rosen doesn’t go to an Ivy League school and he isn’t in a particularly difficult major.

I think he’s a guy who’s led a sheltered existence and has no clue what he is talking about.

Economics isn't a difficult major? What planet are you from? 

This crusade of yours is so tired. I know your kid went to Alabama, and great. But this is a dumb argument. UCLA is by essentially *every* measure (eg, multiple global ranking systems of universities) a top 15 university in the WORLD, and *as a university*  is ranked higer than a number of ivies. For multiple years running it has received the most applications of any university in the US despite not actually being a monster-size university like ohio state et al. Alabama, which is a perfectly fine school, isn't in the same universe, partly because it's a deep south state with a long history of underfunding public education at the k-12 level (recently ranked 50th out of 51 in math scores --http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/alabamas_schools_ranked_8th_wo.html ). That's ok and more importantly it has no bearing on how any individual will do in life. Lots of smart people graduate from Alabama. In other words, give it a rest.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee you that no one wants to hear how an MA in business (FAR easier than econ) and sports management from Kent State in 1975 somehow makes him a good scholar. He is a great football coach who is especially good at recruiting great athletes, most of whom don't giving a flying f**k about school (with a couple of exceptions). Every player the Bills have drafted recently from Alabama has been a moron, and just look at Reuben Foster. As for Clemson, Sammy Watkins and CJ spiller are all I have to say. Neither appears to be above a fourth grade reading level. I'm not saying UCLA is much better,  by the way. But the thing you need to realize ist that just about all of them are bad.  Big time college football is about as corrup an institution as there can be. If it disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't shed one tear.

Btw, the last Bills coach with an MA was Rex Ryan, who has an MA  from Eastern Kentucky (an analog of sorts to Kent State) in phys ed. He is not smart. It means nothing.

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

UCLA acceptance rate is 18%.

Alabama is 54%.

So more than half of the students who apply at Alabama get in.

It’s much harder to get into UCLA.

More than half of Alabama's admissions are from out of state. Bama does not have high standards when it comes to admissions.

https://www.thoughtco.com/university-alabama-gpa-sat-act-data-786689

Saban, of course, will defend academics in order to maintain that college and football should go hand in hand. Dude's making over $11 mil per year. He has to protect what's funding his nest egg.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It astonishes me how you keep missing the point of this.  I mean it's been going on for pages now.  It has to be trolling at this point....it has to be right?

Going to college and playing sports is difficult.

is there some nugget of genius from Rosen that I missed?

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We need an Alabama sub-forum just for the OP so he can continuously extol the virtues of all things Crimson Tide.

We have it....it's called the college football forum.   

I wonder how many reporters Nick Saban had sticking mics and cameras in his face, misrepresenting every word coming out of his mouth and endlessly speculating on his future to a national audience during his junior year.  

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Going to college and playing sports is difficult.

is there some nugget of genius from Rosen that I missed?

Yes I know because I did it.  

Yes you have missed repeatedly.  I'll ask again, do you agree with AL.com that we should be thanking Rosen.  You obviously like that site.....

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

From 10 - 3 before Rosen, UCLA went to 8 - 5, 4 - 8, and 6 - 7 with Rosen.

In the meantime, McCarron won back to back national championships at Alabama.

Winner vs Cry Baby, Whining Loser.

Tebow was like 35-6, won two titles, and a Heisman.

I think Andrew luck was basically the same record as luck.

Are they the same QB?

You're a complete moron.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I know because I did it.  

Yes you have missed repeatedly.  I'll ask again, do you agree with AL.com that we should be thanking Rosen.  You obviously like that site.....

Oh, I forget the difficult major part. Is that what you are talking about?

If not, please enlighten me on what I have repeatedly missed.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's what's crazy to me.  For a school that consistently ( I think 7 years in a row recently) wins in recruiting, they can ever get a top QB.  LSU is the same way.

Have you seen Tua play?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That's what's crazy to me.  For a school that consistently ( I think 7 years in a row recently) wins in recruiting, they can ever get a top QB.  LSU is the same way.

LSU - yes. It’s a joke, those poor 5 Star WRs running around wide open. OSU also. It’s because they recruit to scheme specific offense. OSU evolving a bit now in the type of QB they are recruiting  ... will see in a year or two if anything changes on that front when it comes to NFL prospects at that position. 

• Haha (+1) 1