Great  Job Gunner, now the fun begins. Allen is the wild card in the draft, 

Going by what our experts say:

For the Bills I'm going

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Mayfield

No change for me in the top half of round 1, that is how I've been

Jackson and Rudolph are fit questions in late first or second

But where does Allen go? before these guys or after? Does he go amongst the Big 3?

It will be interesting to say the least

32 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

So what you’re saying is that we shouldn’t have any problem grabbing a top QB this year..

I don't do film observation, so I wouldn't presume to critique the work that Gunner has done, but his grade on where these QBs should be drafted has zero impact on where they will be drafted.  The incredible need that NFL teams have to find the right quarterback when there are not enough to go around results in them being drafted far higher than grades based solely on their mechanics, measurables and college production might suggest for a draft position.  I'm pretty sure Gunner would agree with that too.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't do film observation, so I wouldn't presume to critique the work that Gunner has done, but his grade on where these QBs should be drafted has zero impact on where they will be drafted.  The incredible need that NFL teams have to find the right quarterback when there are not enough to go around results in them being drafted far higher than grades based solely on their mechanics, measurables and college production might suggest for a draft position.  I'm pretty sure Gunner would agree with that too.

That is a given, I wouldn't be surprised if 4 go in the top 5 picks.

31 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I’m not critiquing his work, just kinda curious on where he thinks they’ll fall. I’m hoping GMs around the league are grading them similar so maybe someone will fall to us at 12. Someone not named Jackson or Rudolph..

Gunner, You did such a fine job in evaluating the qbs that I felt guilty receiving your work product. So I decided to send you a humongous check as compensation for your service. If you don't receive the check within a week then blame either the US or English Postal Service. As usual my intentions were noble in nature. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Goodness.......Gunner what a fantastic job you did! The quality and time vested is lights out.....good on ya man.  As previously mentioned of course teams will over pay.....personally I hope we just sit tight and lets the chips fall.....unless of course some draft night deal is too good to pass up.

I have enjoyed the many threads on who the best QB is on this message board over the last several weeks.  I don't follow the college game closely and I really don't know much about these QBs except for what I have read on this board.

Here is a quick synopsis of what I have learned about the QBs in this year's draft on this message board;

1.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is the very best one for the Bills to draft

2.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is a terrible fit for the Bills and is a guaranteed bust

3.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks, whichever is selected by the Bills, will result in some posters never watching the Buffalo Bills again

4.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is worth trading what ever draft picks are needed in order to move up and draft them 

5.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks has serious flaws and we should not waste draft picks to trade up for them, but should draft other positions instead

With this knowledge in hand, I confess the only thing that I'm certain of is that I'm glad I'm not McBeane....    :mellow:

Thanks for the write up Gunner, it helps.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, billspro said:

Great post gunner!

Have you watched Logan Woodside at all?

Very little but I have sat through a couple of games. He is my 11th and last draftable QB grade. I have a 7th / UDFA on him. Below average tools and a bit of a funky delivery but a real grinder and competitor. The sort of guy you bring in stash on the PS and try and work with him.... could he eventually make a back up somewhere? Maybe. Think he is a PS type guy. 

Just for completeness in addition to the 8 I analysed in the OP I have Lauletta and Ferguson as 6ths and Woodside as a 7th / UDFA. That makes 11. Last year I had 7. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

god job gunner, but it does not determine where these guys go. i say darnold goes to the browns.  barkley or chubb to the giants and rosen in the rotten apple to the jets.

the bills take mayfield at4. if for some reason  he gets picked before then , then we sit and take rudolph. if it has to be at 12 so be it.

i would rather take him at 22, but that's a risk with az and miami is one pick before us so..

i would love ridley  or edmunds/vea in the 1st and a trade back up for rudolph....idk i can't take this anymore