Gunner's 2018 Draft QB evaluations

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills could simply take bpa at 12 then move up less expensively from 22 to select Rudolph. 

i've posted this in another thread ,but i don't think he makes it past az. at 15.  i'd be holding my breath when miami picks at 11.

sometimes i way overestimate how fast these guys come off and i'm praying it's one of those years.

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i've posted this in another thread ,but i don't think he makes it past az. at 15.  i'd be holding my breath when miami picks at 11.

sometimes i way overestimate how fast these guys come off and i'm praying it's one of those years.

If Mason Rudolph is off the board at 12 (and presuming someone actually does take Allen) ...

it means the draft has pushed down to you probably one of the top six positional players in the draft. Most analysts are suggesting there are around 8 Pro Bowl players - possibly as many as 12.

I know it's heresy, but there is a worse situation to be in than to have that kind of situation. You'd be at 12, with 22 and a bunch of ammo to move up to 14 or 15 and get two of the highest quality players in a stocked draft. Hell, I'd almost prefer to see 5 or please God! 6 QBs gone and be in that kind of situation. Reading Gunnar's analysis I like that scenario even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how did I not see this thread until now? Amazing work Gunner. I loved reading your analysis. Better than most of the draft analyst's write ups that I've seen. You cemented my stance of wanting either Rosen or Darnold. 

I wanted Rosen pretty bad already. Your analysis helps confirm what my amateur eyes have seen, and now I want him even more.

If Beane and McDermott vet him and are comfortable with him, I hope they do whatever they can to go up and get him! Don't mess around hoping he drops. Trade to 2/4/5/6/7 and grab him! It would be a dream come true to have a QB with his potential in a Bills uniform. 

I would be just as happy with Darnold though. I haven't focused on him quite as much because I never really felt like we had a shot at him, with him going #1 to Cleveland seeming to be a wide spread belief. But as the draft process has went on, I am less sure Cleveland take some him #1 so I've started to look at him a bit more. 

Im scared to get my hopes up on either one though, since I have no clue who the Bills like or what they will do (or be able to do) on draft day. Probably a bit too late on that... 

Oh, and im even more scared of Allen than I already was, so thanks for making me worry even more about all those damn mock drafts where we pick him (and even trade up to do it). lol

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1