Why would Jackson take the Wonderlic test and not - -

Punt75

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Punt75 said:

- - - run the 40 yard dash at the NFL combine or at his recent Pro Day??? 

ALL the combine events are optional.  Why take a test that has been proven to be very culturally & racially biased based on an individuals education and life experiences at a young age?  All NFL executives know this but get a bit nervous picking a team leader (QB) with a low score.

Really? 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Posters who think that the fastest QB in the draft should run a 40 yard dash to prove this, probably should not take the Wonderlic....

It's not a matter of proving he's the fastest QB, it's that they should all do the all of the drills at the Combine where the conditions are the same for everyone. 

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

The only thing I care about is that the Bills don't draft him as a QB, what other teams do with him, I don't give a ****.

The last thing this franchise needs is to miss out on a franchise QB AGAIN!  He's the least intelligent of the group, one of the least accurate. I don't give a **** that he can run, QB's need to be able to read defenses and consistently throw the ball accurately.

bla bla bla

Make sure to keep paroting that doo doo

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Things have changed in the 20 years since those guys last stopped playing.  Name a QB within that timespan who had a Wonderlic in the teens and had more than one good season, much less was a franchise player?

Donovan McNabb scored 14

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, cba fan said:

It is a goofy test.

I just tried taking 4 of them on line and they all timed out. I never got past 15 questions or so out of the 50 they wanted to ask. It seems you are limited to 12 minutes. I get most questions right but score bad as I don't get too far. No NFL QB brain in my head I guess.

On IQ tests online I score super high. Weirdly high. Disturbingly high as no one can be that smart and I know I am not an Einstein. I do well as I am a good expert test taker, know a little about a lot of subjects, have a great memory, and for some unknown reason retain all sorts of useless trivial knowledge. But they also do not have a time limit.

That's not good.

Traditionally, IQ tests do not conclude which Scooby Doo character you would be.  

7 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not a matter of proving he's the fastest QB, it's that they should all do the all of the drills at the Combine where the conditions are the same for everyone. 

What would be learned?  That he is actually faster than the other guys?  He's certainly  not slower.  This makes no sense.  You know that, for QBs in particular, the combine is mostly a complete waste of time.

There are QBs who chose no to throw the ball at the combine--and the heavy breathers are dogging this guy for not confirming that, for 12 strides, he's clearly the fastest QB running in a straight line!

Criticize the guy for his accuracy and pro day showing or his decision to be managed at this time to be managed by his mother---but to single out his decision not to show you how blazing fast he is....that's nuts.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What would be learned?  That he is actually faster than the other guys?  He's certainly  not slower.  This makes no sense.  You know that, for QBs in particular, the combine is mostly a complete waste of time.

There are QBs who chose no to throw the ball at the combine--and the heavy breathers are dogging this guy for not confirming that, for 12 strides, he's clearly the fastest QB running in a straight line!

Criticize the guy for his accuracy and pro day showing or his decision to be managed at this time to be managed by his mother---but to single out his decision not to show you how blazing fast he is....that's nuts.

What is to be learned from most of the testing?  Not a lot.  Everything that can be should be gleaned from the game tape.  But the NFL has decided that they want participants to do these drills and it will rub some people the wrong way if they don't, like Darnold not throwing.  

And frankly, he's being poorly managed by his mom.  He should have prepped for the Wonderlic and run at the Combine.  Had he done both and scored in the 20's and run in the 4.4's, he could have solidified himself in the top-5.  But we'll see if not doing either hurts him in the draft.

Edited by Doc

Just now, Doc said:

What is to be learned from most of the testing?  Not a lot.  Everything that can be should be gleaned from the game tape.  But the NFL has decided that they want participants to do these drills and it will rub some people the wrong way if they don't, like Darnold not throwing.  

And frankly, he's being poorly managed by mom.  He should have prepped for the Wonderlic and run at the Combine.  Had he done both and scored in the 20's and run in the 4.4's, he could have solidified himself in the top-5.  But we'll if not doing either hurt him.

Yes, his mother should not be managing him.  But I can't imagine he would have put any more effort into the Wonderlic with an agent.  A team can figure out in 30  in or less whether his Wonderlic score is indicative od whenever he knows what he is doing.   The combine is a TV show.  Jim Kelly's Wonderlic measured him as borderline retarded.

He's going to get drafted wherever he gets drafted completely based on team interviews and tape.  Any team that picks a QB based on anything they saw or didn't see in the combine will always be a bottom feeder.  Name a QB who moved form outside to inside the top 5 based on either 40 time or Wonderlic.  It doesn't matter.  It's NFL drama--part of what they create to make day 1 of the draft get TV ratings better than the Stanley Cup Finals

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I'm hoping he ends up in the division. 

Jets at #3!!!  Jets at #3!!!

...maybe he’s not smart enough to know that he’s really, really fast? 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, his mother should not be managing him.  But I can't imagine he would have put any more effort into the Wonderlic with an agent.  A team can figure out in 30  in or less whether his Wonderlic score is indicative od whenever he knows what he is doing.   The combine is a TV show.  Jim Kelly's Wonderlic measured him as borderline retarded.

He's going to get drafted wherever he gets drafted completely based on team interviews and tape.  Any team that picks a QB based on anything they saw or didn't see in the combine will always be a bottom feeder.  Name a QB who moved form outside to inside the top 5 based on either 40 time or Wonderlic.  It doesn't matter.  It's NFL drama--part of what they create to make day 1 of the draft get TV ratings better than the Stanley Cup Finals

If he had an agent, I could say for sure that his Wonderlic is the best it's going to get.  With his mother as his agent, there's reasonable doubt.  Now if he had a bad interview and a Wonderlic in the 20's, I'd be inclined to think that I could teach this kid a complex offense.  With a bad interview and a low Wonderlic, I'd be hard-pressed to make that case, and I wouldn't be whipping-out guys from 20+ years ago to do it.  So in his case, I'd say that a low Wonderlic might have cost him a top-5 pick.  But we'll see come draft day, and then several years later if he pans-out or not.

But to not run the 40 because it would make teams view him only as a WR is silly.  He got bad advice there, and it only adds to the other negative stuff.

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So you have 10 QB's with Wonderlics in the teens who have made a Pro Bowl or All Pro (4 of whom never did it for more than a season or two), 3 who became HOF'ers, and 1 who actually won a SB.  Out of the thousands of QB's drafted since the leagues merged.  More of a "it has a remote possibility of happening" than exactly a ringing endorsement. 

"And with the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select, from Boston College, Defensive end Harold Landry ..."

Cut to:

THE GREEN ROOM

Lamar and his mom are the only ones left as the cleaning crew vacuums the floor

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

So you have 10 QB's with Wonderlics in the teens who have made a Pro Bowl or All Pro (4 of whom never did it for more than a season or two), 3 who became HOF'ers, and 1 who actually won a SB.  Out of the thousands of QB's drafted since the leagues merged.  More of a "it has a remote possibility of happening" than exactly a ringing endorsement. 

Not disagreeing with you, but posting just in case he's the guy.

14 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Not disagreeing with you, but posting just in case he's the guy.

If he's the pick, I'll hope like hell he turns out to be the guy.  But it would have to be with the 22nd pick at best and no way am I trading up for him. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

If he's the pick, I'll hope like hell he turns out to be the guy.  But it would have to be with the 22nd pick at best and no way am I trading up for him. 

Would the Bills feel differently about trading up for Jackson (say 9 - San Fran) if the 4 top guys are gone and they think Miami may take him or Arizona may trade up OR would they be content on getting Rudolph, Lauletta, or White later?

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Would the Bills feel differently about trading up for Jackson (say 9 - San Fran) if the 4 top guys are gone and they think Miami may take him or Arizona may trade up OR would they be content on getting Rudolph, Lauletta, or White later?

I couldn't even begin to tell you.  I have no idea who they like. 

I think strong IQ tests (not the ones you do and share on facebook) are very good at predicting life outcomes and determining all sorts of things...No need to go into all that here....been looking at the Wonderlic....and quite simply, there just isn't a correlation there between a wonderlic score and predicting that a QB will or won't be good.  I happen to not like Jackson much as a QB prospect, but that was before I even knew his score, and this score changes nothing about my opinion of him as a prospect.  I agree that a QB needs brain power that allows quick read of progression and good understanding of a playbook...but this test I don't think, is a good indicator of a persons brains abilty to process these things....If I were a team....I would probably get alot more out of having a guy sit down and evaluate film and plays....kind of like Grudens QB camp show.