Why would Jackson take the Wonderlic test and not - -

Punt75

24 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So... what Mike Mayock said really had nothing to do with your posts... You're just a guy who doesn't like someone trying something different..

Pretty sure all of the guys who had low Wonderlic scores had agents... The agent would do nothing for him in this instance. 

What the hell are you even talking about?

Skipping the 40 at the combine and also on his pro day looks TERRIBLE...  Sh_tty Wonderlic? -Also not good... Throw in difficulties scheduling meetings

because he wont hire proper representation, and teams now have a useable snapshot, of this kid's process (or complete lack thereof)

His pro day was OK... -Nothing spectacular. -Teams are deciding whether or not he's worth all the b_lllsh_t.

Edited by #34fan

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

She's not performing a root canal. Comparing a root canal to a rookie contract that is pretty much already written due to the CBA just shows a lack of understanding on your part.

It's not him looking to her to make decisions for him.

Did you hear him talk about why he made her his agent at all? Or are you just assuming or projecting things on him?

I'd say the fact you think there is nothing to negotiate and no reason for a 21 year old kid to have sound advice in a situation very few people ever find themselves in shows a lack of understanding on your part.  If it was that easy, why aren't dozens of others doing the same thing every year?

I'm gonna put my money on "the guy who scored a 13 isn't smarter than everyone else".  I guess time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Punt75 said:

- - - run the 40 yard dash at the NFL combine or at his recent Pro Day??? 

ALL the combine events are optional.  Why take a test that has been proven to be very culturally & racially biased based on an individuals education and life experiences at a young age?  All NFL executives know this but get a bit nervous picking a team leader (QB) with a low score.

I didn't know mathematics and problem solving is racially and culturally biased? You learn something new everyday I guess, wait or do you?

Just now, #34fan said:

What the hell are you even talking about?

Skipping the 40 at the combine also on his pro day looks TERRIBLE...  Sh_tty Wonderlic? -Also not good... Throw in difficulties scheduling meetings because he wont hire proper

representation, and teams now have a useable snapshot, of this kid's process (or complete lack thereof)

His pro day was OK... -Nothing spectacular. -Teams are deciding whether or not he's worth all the b_lllsh_t.

What I'm talking about is...

A) ****ty wonderlic had nothing to do with an agent... He would have scored what he scored

B) Difficulties scheduling meetings isn't something I'm buying. I could be incorrect, but one NFL reporter saying that isn't enough for me to accept it as fact this time of year given all the false reports that come out on prospects near the draft.

C) Running the 40, he had no reason to run the 40. That's useless. He focused on passing and doesn't want to be viewed as just an athlete pretending to be a QB. He has ****ty ass Bill Polian saying right before the combine he should move to WR. He's in a lose-lose with the 40. He posts a great one, and more teams think about how he can switch positions. He puts in a slower time and he isn't as athletic as they thought he was. He has no reason to run a 40, did you watch him play? No one needs his 40 time. 

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd say the fact you think there is nothing to negotiate and no reason for a 21 year old kid to have sound advice in a situation very few people ever find themselves in shows a lack of understanding on your part.  If it was that easy, why aren't dozens of others doing the same thing every year?

I'm gonna put my money on "the guy who scored a 13 isn't smarter than everyone else".  I guess time will tell.

So you didn't listen to him talk about why his mom is his agent? That's the question I've asked and you've never answered it.

This isn't what you were saying at all... You went on about how he doesn't have confidence, he needs his mom to tell him what to do and all sorts of ridiculous ****.

Do you even know what you are trying to say? Because it keeps changing

Edited by Ol Dirty B

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So you didn't listen to him talk about why his mom is his agent? That's the question I've asked and you've never answered it.

This isn't what you were saying at all... You went on about how he doesn't have confidence, he needs his mom to tell him what to do and all sorts of ridiculous ****.

Do you even know what you are trying to say? Because it keeps changing

Nope, what I'm saying is pretty consistent.  He's dumb.

But you go on and continue flailing around trying to defend him until your shift ends and John can take over.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Nope, what I'm saying is pretty consistent.  He's dumb.

But you go on and continue flailing around trying to defend him until your shift ends and John can take over.

Actually, nothing you've said has been consistent.

And the insult was weak ****. It's cool though, because now I know you're nothing more than an idiot. 

You've still never answered my question, a simple no would have sufficed. I'm just defending a kid for taking a different route than what's the norm, and I think it's actually pretty smart. I'm not advocating for the Bills to draft him, I don't think he'll be good, but I think giving away 10% for nothing seems pretty dumb. You're comparing it to root canals, saying he can't make decisions without his mom, making huge leaps about his personality without knowing him at all... Do you know how much of an !@#$ you come across as?

You're just hating on a 21 year old for no reason, it's pretty pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What I'm talking about is...

A) ****ty wonderlic had nothing to do with an agent... He would have scored what he scored

B) Difficulties scheduling meetings isn't something I'm buying. I could be incorrect, but one NFL reporter saying that isn't enough for me to accept it as fact this time of year given all the false reports that come out on prospects near the draft.

C) Running the 40, he had no reason to run the 40. That's useless. He focused on passing and doesn't want to be viewed as just an athlete pretending to be a QB. He has ****ty ass Bill Polian saying right before the combine he should move to WR. He's in a lose-lose with the 40. He posts a great one, and more teams think about how he can switch positions. He puts in a slower time and he isn't as athletic as they thought he was. He has no reason to run a 40, did you watch him play? No one needs his 40 time. 

A) That depends on the agent... Many people talking about the test have NEVER taken it. -I have... Believe me, knowing what to expect from the format helps the taker out alot.

B) Mike Mayock staking his reputation and employment on lies isn't something I'm buying either... More info should emerge shortly on this story.

C)  If the 40 is so useless why do teams have their OWN personnel on the field to clock the times?   Why would they even care?

I feel like this kid will be sitting in the green room until it turns blue because of people like you and his momma.  -I'm hoping someone else steps in to advise.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A) That depends on the agent... Many people talking about the test have NEVER taken it. -I have... Believe me, knowing what to expect from the format helps the taker out alot.

B) Mike Mayock staking his reputation and employment on lies isn't something I'm buying either... More info should emerge shortly on this story.

C)  If the 40 is so useless why do teams have their OWN personnel on the field to clock the times?   Why would they even care?

I feel like this kid will be sitting in the green room until it turns blue because of people like you and his momma.  -I'm hoping someone else steps in to advise.

The fact that you are referring to her as his "momma" makes me believe you have some bias that exist already.

The 40 isn't useless for everyone, it's useless for him. I'm pretty sure I made that clear.

NFL reporters consistently report things wrong of this nature and it doesn't matter for their career.

I've taken the test... The fact that you think you would think of googling sample wonderlic tests and that Lamar Jackson would never think of it, is just massive arrogance on your part. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Yah... That's the agent's job.

Except that's intrinsically impossible in this situation. Holy !@#$ dude.... I get it, you like the status quo.

You're also cherry picking something I said And placing it in a completely different context. !@#$ off with that soft ****.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Punt75 said:

- - - run the 40 yard dash at the NFL combine or at his recent Pro Day??? 

ALL the combine events are optional.  Why take a test that has been proven to be very culturally & racially biased based on an individuals education and life experiences at a young age?  All NFL executives know this but get a bit nervous picking a team leader (QB) with a low score.

You should take a couple practice wunderlichs and try and find the "very culturally & racially biased" questions. I am curious of how you decided that, I mean it's so easy to sesrch google or go to your local library and  find sample tests, that you should have no problem finding proof in the form a very racially biased question.

This should be pretty simple, all you got to do is take some screen shots or pictures of the very culturally and racially biased questions to show everyone here that you're statement isn't wrong. I'll wait.

Edited by BuffaloSol

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The fact that you are referring to her as his "momma" makes me believe you have some bias that exist already.

The 40 isn't useless for everyone, it's useless for him. I'm pretty sure I made that clear.

NFL reporters consistently report things wrong of this nature and it doesn't matter for their career.

I've taken the test... The fact that you think you would think of googling sample wonderlic tests and that Lamar Jackson would never think of it, is just massive arrogance on your part. 

There will be significant repercussions to Mayock if the claims he made proves false... -Bank on it.

And wtf is this "googling" nonsense you're babbling about? -Who ever said anything about google?  I said I took the damn test!

Will it make me look less biased if I swear it on my momma? :lol:

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

There will be significant repercussions to Mayock if the claims he made proves false... -Bank on it.

And wtf is this "googling" nonsense you're babbling about? -Who ever said anything about google?  I said I took the damn test!

Will it make me look less biased if I swear it on my momma? :lol:

Because all you have to do is Google sample wonderlic tests to take a practice test.... Jesus Christ you're simple, no wonder you think he needs an agent.

I took the test too, and if you don't think Lamar Jackson did the same thing. You're an arrogant prick for thinking that you're that much smarter than everyone else.

Get over yourself, please. You're simple. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

37 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Except that's intrinsically impossible in this situation.

Wrong..  but asking you to grasp that would be like trying to book a workout with Lamar at this point. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Because all you have to do is Google sample wonderlic tests to take a practice test.... Jesus Christ you're simple, no wonder you think he needs an agent.

I took the test too, and if you don't think Lamar Jackson did the same thing. You're an arrogant prick for thinking that you're that much smarter than everyone else.

Get over yourself, please. You're simple. 

Wow... If Lamar Jackson took practice wonderlics and STILL got a damn thirteen,  you and him probably have a lot of things in common . :)

Edited by #34fan

While it may have sounded shrewd in the LJ camp to decline professional representation because the ‘contract is already written’, so to speak, it signals ignorance to the fact the agents job is also to help him get drafted as early/high as possible, because it comes with a bigger paycheck... 

Agents help the athletes build their “brand”. 

There is really no other way to slice it, this was a poor choice, unless less his mother is an accomplished talent representative.  

I expect an agent would have prescreened him on all the combine metrics, for example, identified weaknesses like this test score and connected him with the best help available, to boost it. Did that happen? 13 tells me no. 

Then there is the noise about his lack of availability.

He needs to go get himself a real agent and try to reclaim whatever he can in the next few weeks.  

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jackson did not want NFL decision makers to have a 40 time to look at.  He wants them to evaluate him as a QB, not a guy who can beat feet with the ball tucked in his arm.

The Wonderlic score is not seen as optional for QB, for whatever reason.  It's the sort of test where up to a point, test-taking strategy and practice can help you, but if you don't have enough background in the kind of math and problem solving on the test, you're not going to nail it.

Exactly. 

And not running a 40 won't hurt him in the least. There are absolutely no questions about his speed. He's tremendously fast for a QB. Nobody's worried about this.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Wrong..  but asking you to grasp that would be like trying to book a workout with Lamar at this point. :lol:

Wow... If Lamar Jackson took practice wonderlics and STILL got a damn thirteen,  you and him probably have a lot of things in common . :)

You're a !@#$ing idiot Wal-Mart