Let the record I'm against trade into top 6 due to price

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

It is a Buffalo Bills message board.  Excuse me for expressing an opinion for discussion

I suppose I have no choice but to excuse you, even though this was deemed important enough for it's own thread but yet the only thing anyone got out of it is you have a kinda funny avatar..

Also, let the record show you literally ASKED to be given ****. Make up your mind! 

Edited by gobills1212

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Off topic somewhat, but I loved the 2014 and 2015 Bills teams.  IMO a good coach might have won superbowl with 2016 team.  Whaley did a great job stocking fridge,  but Rex burned the meal. 

Oh, and here I was taking you seriously. Win the Super Bowl? Maybe if they'd switched defensive rosters with Denver. 

Good grief.

let the record show I don't care that you have to do a post about setting a record on how you feel. A new thread where plenty of other treads you could of replied the same way.

I respect your opinion but to make a new thread of it like this is borderline stupid.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Let the record state on 3/28/18- I am extremely against trading up into top 6 for QB- and massively overpaying.  The opportunity cost of squandering picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96 and a 2019 1st(which will be a high draft pick if we sacrifice drafts for a rookie QB).  Impact players that the Bills could miss out on(and whom would instantly upgrade Bills starters) include:

Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Isiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Denzel Ward, Lamar Jackson, Ronald Jones, Guice,  Vander Esch, James Washington, Cortland Sutton, Mike Hughes, Nick Chubb, Marcus Davenport, Mata’afa, Rashan Evans, Taven Bryan, Harrison Phillips, Josh Jackson, Christian Kirk, Hayden Hurst, Payne, Equanemius, Baker, Sam Hubbard, Ballage, etc.

We could have 7 of the above and all our draft picks.  Or we can risk it all on a QB ad give all that up.

Please revisit and either give me **** or give me props.  Peace out

If we could get 7 of them I would not want to trade up and 31 GMs should be fired.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, and here I was taking you seriously. Win the Super Bowl? Maybe if they'd switched defensive rosters with Denver. 

Good grief.

We could build a pretty good roster with those picks.  Positions other than QB can also be bust.

I will go on record as giving the shocking revelation that Beane and company know more than TSW posters and myself when it comes to football.  I am content with  "trusting the process".

40 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We could build a pretty good roster with those picks.  Positions other than QB can also be bust.

I will go on record as giving the shocking revelation that Beane and company know more than TSW posters and myself when it comes to football.  I am content with  "trusting the process".

Did you reply to the wrong person? Your post has nothing to do with what I wrote.

45 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Did you reply to the wrong person? Your post has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer or if I misunderstood what you were trying to say.  I'm saying that we could very well build that type of defense.   

Iam also speaking in general about the trade up or not debate.  I would hate to trade all those picks and draft a bust but it's not impossible to stay with our own picks and draft 6 bust players.

The draft needs to hurry up and get here, this subject can be exhausting.  I can only imagine what it must be like for GMs and coaches.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

All the "upgrades" in the world won't win a championship or even a perennial contender without a good QB. The NFL isn't for feint hearted, penny pinching small timers. Go big or go home. Better to take a shot and miss then to never have the guts to go for it. But, if 6-10-ish seasons float your boat, then by all means, hang on to that 3rd round pick like it is the secret to immortality.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Next year we might have a top 5 draft pick that we traded away if we trade into top 5

In a year with maybe one really good QB who will go #1.

And why would we have a top5 pick, you know, with all the picks we this year to build a "good team" , as you said earlier, because that matters more than a good QB, hmmmm??

8 hours ago, Pete said:

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sorry if I wasn't clearer or if I misunderstood what you were trying to say.  I'm saying that we could very well build that type of defense.   

Iam also speaking in general about the trade up or not debate.  I would hate to trade all those picks and draft a bust but it's not impossible to stay with our own picks and draft 6 bust players.

The draft needs to hurry up and get here, this subject can be exhausting.  I can only imagine what it must be like for GMs and coaches.

Yeah, and I was trying to say that it was genuinely dumb to think the 2016 Bills could have won the Super Bowl with a different coach, which is what the OP actually said. That maybe that would have been possible only if we had brought in the entire Denver Broncos defense. And frankly very unlikely even then, let me add now.

Say what you want to say, but don't reply to me if you're not going to ... you know ... reply to what I was talking about.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Let the record state on 3/28/18- I am extremely against trading up into top 6 for QB- and massively overpaying.  The opportunity cost of squandering picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96 and a 2019 1st(which will be a high draft pick if we sacrifice drafts for a rookie QB).  Impact players that the Bills could miss out on(and whom would instantly upgrade Bills starters) include:

Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Isiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Denzel Ward, Lamar Jackson, Ronald Jones, Guice,  Vander Esch, James Washington, Cortland Sutton, Mike Hughes, Nick Chubb, Marcus Davenport, Mata’afa, Rashan Evans, Taven Bryan, Harrison Phillips, Josh Jackson, Christian Kirk, Hayden Hurst, Payne, Equanemius, Baker, Sam Hubbard, Ballage, etc.

We could have 7 of the above and all our draft picks.  Or we can risk it all on a QB ad give all that up.

You think that’s the price to get to 6? That’s probably 2 and maybe 1 if the Browns think their qb lasts til 4

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am leaning toward agreeing with the OP. A QB is going to go #1 overall for sure (either Allen or Darnold). There is no way CLE trades top pick without grossly overpaying for it (I am talking at least 4 first round picks being involved). Beane will not trade away that much capital. If Darnold is available at #2 then same goes for NYG (they are not trading out unless we grossly overpay). NYJ are drafting a QB at #3 and they are definitely not trading down. It is very likely that 3 quarterbacks go with top 3 picks (Allen, Darnold and either Rosen or Mayfield). 

So we get to #4 and CLE is on the clock. They will have a chance to draft the #1 prospect in Chubb, Barkley or Fitzpatrick. This draft sets up perfectly for CLE and they would want a lot to move down to 12. We could overpay for the 4th QB (the top 4 seem pretty close so it may not be a huge difference in ratings) or wait until TB is on the clock because DEN and IND will be in similar spots (staring at a top 3 player). It will be hard to convince them to move down to 12 for a lesser player. TB seems open for business but MIA and a few other teams know this and will elevate the price. 

If Bills really like the remaining of the top 4, then it would be worth it. More than likely, they will “like” the last of the 4 but not enough to get into a bidding war with other teams. 

It also very much depends on what the Bills think of Jackson and Rudolph. How big is the gap between those two and the last of the top 4 qbs. If it is an enormous gap, then it would be wise to trade up. But if it is not that big, then it might be better to stay put and draft them at 12 or 22 and fill  the many holes on this team. 

My opinion is that Bills have Darnold as clear #1 but they are not going to be able to convince CLE or NYG to move down without making a Hershel Walker type deal. They probably don’t love the other 3 enough to give away a ton of capital so they wait it out. If the 4th slips to TB and price is reasonable then they strike a deal. Otherwise, they probably wait. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Roll those dice on Lamar Jackson ?. 

A gambling man.    

Rather see super accurate Mayfield at 4-6 

• Like (+1) 1