Let the record I'm against trade into top 6 due to price

Pete

Let the record state on 3/28/18- I am extremely against trading up into top 6 for QB- and massively overpaying.  The opportunity cost of squandering picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96 and a 2019 1st(which will be a high draft pick if we sacrifice drafts for a rookie QB).  Impact players that the Bills could miss out on(and whom would instantly upgrade Bills starters) include:

Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Isiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Denzel Ward, Lamar Jackson, Ronald Jones, Guice,  Vander Esch, James Washington, Cortland Sutton, Mike Hughes, Nick Chubb, Marcus Davenport, Mata’afa, Rashan Evans, Taven Bryan, Harrison Phillips, Josh Jackson, Christian Kirk, Hayden Hurst, Payne, Equanemius, Baker, Sam Hubbard, Ballage, etc.

We could have 7 of the above and all our draft picks.  Or we can risk it all on a QB ad give all that up.

Please revisit and either give me **** or give me props.  Peace out

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I don't think we should ever draft a top QB because you could get another good player instead.

who is this top QB you speak of?  Let's go on record and revisit in a few years

• Haha (+1) 1

If they trade up they believe the player they get will be transformative of the entire offense. Making every player look better. Sometime you need to go all in to get a player like that. 

The price to move into the top 6 is essentially Sammy Watkins 1 year deal, Cordy Glenns contract, Tyrod Taylors 1 year deal and a extra first round pick acquired in a trade that netted the bills Tre'Davious White. Looking at it like that will help when we eventually move into the top 6 to draft our guy

Edited by buffalover4life
  • Like (+1) 1

Let the record show that some jackass I don't care about had an opinion on 3/28/2018

Congrats, so did over 6 billion other people.

Get over yourself, you're worse than sister Jean. I don't care what you think and never will. This thread is awful.

• Like (+1) 2

Without the QB, the rest doesn’t matter. Get the QB, but be smart about it. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Let the record show that some jackass I don't care about had an opinion on 3/28/2018

Congrats, so did over 6 billion other people.

Get over yourself, you're worse than sister Jean. I don't care what you think and never will. This thread is awful.

Be kind, now it’s your turn to start a thread and go on the record to give us a thought or two. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Get a QB first and then build your team around him. 

Now is the time to get the QB, and then next year they will have tons of cap space to get some good position players

Next year we might have a top 5 draft pick that we traded away if we trade into top 5

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Without the QB, the rest doesn’t matter. Get the QB, but be smart about it. 

Be kind, now it’s your turn to start a thread and go on the record to give us a thought or two. 

I'm usually never one to complain about people who start threads, but this one just reeks of delusions of grandeur...

And I'll complain a lot, but I'm in the thread away camp... It doesn't bother me for the most part, but this is just too much... This guy pete....

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Next year we might have a top 5 draft pick that we traded away if we trade into top 5

Got to take a chance on a QB at some point and now they have the ammunition. Or they can just draft like Doug whaley, neglect the QB position and get 7-8 wins every year..

Edited by billsfan11

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well, we finally (if barely) made the playoffs last season, and I doubt we get much worse, if at all. So top 5 seems unlikely, and this seems to be the year of the QB. We have gone to great lengths to build draft capital, and I think that is for a reason. 

• Like (+1) 1