Josh Rosen’s coach said he would take Darnold 1st

On 3/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Wow, he is basically reinforcing the narrative that Rosen is spoiled and not likable.

And hence why he was fired. He throws all his former players under a bus. See Myles Jack 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sky Diver said:

"UCLA can add another record-breaker to its list of sports statistics: largest SAT score gap between athletes and non-athletes. According to a new survey of 54 public universities released by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the average athlete at UCLA scored 247 points lower on the SATs than the average non-athlete, a greater difference than at any other university surveyed."

http://dailybruin.com/2009/01/06/emucla-should-not-lower-admission-standards-athlet/

Maybe UCLA has cracked down admitting low stat athletes. I haven't seen any recent data.

This is because UCLA is a top medical school and students who get in there must score really high to get in.  

They have a lot of students from outside the US who generally score very high on SAT/ACT just to get in the school....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

His workout with Aaron Rogers on NFLN was impressive . Rosen is serious about getting better. 

Is the guy I really want on Bills. Sadly I think i am going to be seeing him in the green and white for the next decade plus 

• Sad 1

On 3/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, Blokestradamus said:

How do you feel about Richie Incognito? If you don't mind my asking.

Richie is a team player.  IMO Kelly was more of a me first player

and that is a big red flag with Rosen.  When there is that much smoke, there is usually a fire.  Even later when his coach tried to smooth his comments, he alluded to Rosen being millennial that needs to always be stimulated.  That does not sound like leadership to me

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Where is your data to support that claim?

Because I was a college athlete and have hung around other college athletes while in school, summer leagues, general hangout etc....

I also went to a powerhouse HS in which we had 11 or so DI players on our team.   Most of those guys aren't getting into a school at the level of Alabama, Georgia or Florida if they weren't athletes.  These guys were cool but some were just dumb as a box of rocks and certainly didn't have the grades.

I'll give you some stories.

I went to a mid major.  A former Alabama transfer sat next to me in geology.  I let him copy off me on tests because I liked the guy and we worked out together.

He wanted me to proof read his 5 page paper we needed to turn in.  In the entire paper, it was one giant run on sentence.  No punctuation anywhere.  He didn't know what a punctuation was after I explained that to him.  It was "oh yeah, you mean like periods and stuff?"  

He told me at Alabama, they were told not to show up on test days and he got C's.  I had another friend that played at Georgia and he said the same thing....don't show up on test day.

Another friend who played at UT...told me he had a major group project and asked his coach he needed to miss one practice.  Coach told him "nope", got be there for practice.  So he didn't finish his project....got a B.

Don't be naive in saying that schools don't cheat grades to get students in their schools.  Same thing with getting paid.  These guys are getting cash under the table from boosters all the time.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 8

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

and that is a big red flag with Rosen.  When there is that much smoke, there is usually a fire.  Even later when his coach tried to smooth his comments, he alluded to Rosen being millennial that needs to always be stimulated.  That does not sound like leadership to me

So you DONT want your QB asking why?  You DONT want him knowing the reasons why the things are done in an offense a certain way?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So you DONT want your QB asking why?  You DONT want him knowing the reasons why the things are done in an offense a certain way?

that is your takeaway about my post?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

that is your takeaway about my post?

Yeah because the millenial thing is about him asking why?  So what is the problem with it? 

Ooo and go read what Mora said about Myles Jack too and ask yourself why does a former coach talk negative about his players (notice its the ones that left early?)

I read between the lines and in fine print it says "Rosen doesn't want to go to Cleveland!"

then it reads in even finer print Rosen says.. GIANTS TAKE ME TAKE ME!

and then we trade up to #2 to swoop him up and the Bills with any luck live happily ever after for the next 10 years

Edited by PrimeTime101

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because I was a college athlete and have hung around other college athletes while in school, summer leagues, general hangout etc....

I also went to a powerhouse HS in which we had 11 or so DI players on our team.   Most of those guys aren't getting into a school at the level of Alabama, Georgia or Florida if they weren't athletes.  These guys were cool but some were just dumb as a box of rocks and certainly didn't have the grades.

I'll give you some stories.

I went to a mid major.  A former Alabama transfer sat next to me in geology.  I let him copy off me on tests because I liked the guy and we worked out together.

He wanted me to proof read his 5 page paper we needed to turn in.  In the entire paper, it was one giant run on sentence.  No punctuation anywhere.  He didn't know what a punctuation was after I explained that to him.  It was "oh yeah, you mean like periods and stuff?"  

He told me at Alabama, they were told not to sure up on test days and he got C's.  I had another friend that played at Georgia and he said the same thing....don't show up on test day.

Another friend who played at UT...told me he had a major group project and asked his coach he needed to miss one practice.  Coach told him "nope", got be there for practice.  So he didn't finish his project....got a B.

Don't be naive in saying that schools don't cheat grades to get students in their schools.  Same thing with getting paid.  These guys are getting cash under the table from boosters all the time.  

A waitress I used to work with dated champ Bailey for a year or so at Georgia.

Said he basically had a staff of 5 people doing all his work and taking tests for him.

She said he was a complete moron, and knew he would pass because of football, so why bother trying?

I asked her why she didn't stay with him, she said "well he dumped me, but honestly, I'm not sure I could have lived with him long term, even with the NFL money, he was an idiot and couldn't hold a good conversation if his life depended on it"

I laughed and said "I dunno, he makes a lot of money'

She laughed and said "yeah, I probably could have dealt with it, but man, was he dumb"

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah because the millenial thing is about him asking why?  So what is the problem with it? 

Ooo and go read what Mora said about Myles Jack too and ask yourself why does a former coach talk negative about his players (notice its the ones that left early?)

Mora has a history of it. He drew attention for a tirade at Rosen when Rosen was a true freshman.

He threw his kicker under the bus in a rant when he was coach of the Seattle Seahawks. (the guy made 4 of 6 kicks in that game)

For me if I was going ti listen to somebody about how "difficult" someone else is, I would want the person I was listening to not to be difficult. All I know for sure is that Mora is difficlut.

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

A waitress I used to work with dated champ Bailey for a year or so at Georgia.

Said he basically had a staff of 5 people doing all his work and taking tests for him.

She said he was a complete moron, and knew he would pass because of football, so why bother trying?

I asked her why she didn't stay with him, she said "well he dumped me, but honestly, I'm not sure I could have lived with him long term, even with the NFL money, he was an idiot and couldn't hold a good conversation if his life depended on it"

I laughed and said "I dunno, he makes a lot of money'

She laughed and said "yeah, I probably could have dealt with it, but man, was he dumb"

LOL...I had a teammate that had Champ Bailey take him around UGA for his campus recruiting trip.  He hung out with the coaching staff during the day but at night...they had former and current athletes really "show them" college life.  He said Champ stayed drunk and tried to pick up on girls the whole night.  Champ told him if you play football at UGA, you're going to get a lot of ***.  That was pretty much his only selling point....drinking and girls.  I would be sold as an 18 year old.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, just shut up and dribble...