Biggest FA regret coming from Buffalo

I like the other thread about the worst FA signing in Bills history.  So, I'd like to turn that around and ask you all; who completely balled out here in Buffalo, to earn a rich contract somewhere else, but flopped. 

The first one that comes to my mind is Jarius Byrd.  And I was happy to see him go.

4 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I really hated letting Peerless go too. I was hoping that he would retire a Bill and keep producing the way he did.  He and Eric Moulds were great together.

The offense was unstoppable that year. Bledsoe should’ve been mvp of the league

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I like the other thread about the worst FA signing in Bills history.  So, I'd like to turn that around and ask you all; who completely balled out here in Buffalo, to earn a rich contract somewhere else, but flopped. 

The first one that comes to my mind is Jarius Byrd.  And I was happy to see him go.

Jairus. Jairus.

I swear the same people who always spell his name incorrectly are the same ones who say "Martavius" Bryant and Nathan "Peterson."

• Haha (+1) 1

Cornelius Bennett.

Best seasons were as a Bill. Had his only 100+ tackle season here. With ATL and IND post 1995, never broke 75 tackles, never made another Pro Bowl.

Some fans forget he was a 2x defensive player of the year here and coming out of Alabama, some thought he was better than Lawrence Taylor. The Bills made a ballsy trade to acquire him in 1987.

Edited by dpberr

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I really hated letting Peerless go too. I was hoping that he would retire a Bill and keep producing the way he did.  He and Eric Moulds were great together.

Nice move by Donahoe by using the franchise tag on Peerless and then trading him to Atlanta for a first round draft pick.  That was about the only  good thing he did.

• Like (+1) 1