TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You forgot to include Mason Rudolph as an option at QB.

If someone suggested Rudolph at #2 overall, I’d have the block them. 

That takes a lot of effort and I’m bored

Please vote in the poll

Edited by Virgil

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's being discussed in 50% of the threads currently on the board.  It's just a poll to vote in.

I suppose that's true, especially considering this is just for funsies. 

Not surprised that the poll is currently 2:1 in favor, but I highly doubt Beane will give up that much to move to #2. Seems like too much consider the other holes we could fill.

The Bills and Giants have made a trade!!!

With the 2nd pick in the 2018 TSW Mock Draft; the Buffalo Bills select Josh Rosen, QB UCLA. 

The Jets are on the clock 

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

Where can we discuss and debate this trade as a forum? Can we open the poll thread up for comments?

I tried to add comments, but couldn’t figure it out. I put out the minimum trade I would accept as the Giants.

And like I said, I left it to the people. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

I suppose that's true, especially considering this is just for funsies. 

Not surprised that the poll is currently 2:1 in favor, but I highly doubt Beane will give up that much to move to #2. Seems like too much consider the other holes we could fill.

I think that would be a good deal to get our guy. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 2nd pick in the 2018 TSW Mock Draft; the Buffalo Bills select Josh Rosen, QB UCLA. 

:beer:

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I tried to add comments, but couldn’t figure it out. I put out the minimum trade I would accept as the Giants.

I guess that settles it for people that claim it's a vocal minority that wants to trade up for Rosen.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There's no way this would happen because the Bills have never done what I wanted over the past 20 yrs. I post what I want for them to do and I get a bunch of people responding telling me how stupid I am and then we sit through another .500 season and everyone gets fired. If they did what I wanted just once I think my brain would explode

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I guess that settles it for people that claim it's a vocal minority that wants to trade up for Rosen.

I agree that I don’t think Beane will do it, but he also needs his QB. 

Still keep a 2nd and 3rd. 

The majority had spoken

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I agree that I don’t think Beane will do it, but he also needs his QB. 

Still keep a 2nd and 3rd. 

The majority had spoken

Giving up next year's 1st is steep and would surely be the sticking point. But to me I just see that as 12 months for the Bills to figure out how to get that pick back.

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Giving up next year's 1st is steep and would surely be the sticking point. But to me I just see that as 12 months for the Bills to figure out how to get that pick back.

They still have a full draft this year and are only down 1 future pick.  They were in worse position moving forward after the Sammy trade.  This deal is a no brainer for us IMO (even though I'm doom and gloom about our prospects in 2019), it's a massive win on the value for the Giants.  I think they stay at 2 and they might want even more than this, though this trade basically represents them getting an extra 1st tossed in on "value".

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think I just wet myself in excitement of what it could feel like come draft night. Sadly I am ready for the disappointment of this not happening but man oh man it could it be so nice to be this happy.... Rosen a Bill

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They still have a full draft this year and are only down 1 future pick.  They were in worse position moving forward after the Sammy trade.  This deal is a no brainer for us IMO (even though I'm doom and gloom about our prospects in 2019), it's a massive win on the value for the Giants.  I think they stay at 2 and they might want even more than this, though this trade basically represents them getting an extra 1st tossed in on "value".

I think the Giants will trade with the Broncos who want either Barkley or a QB.  

The Giants can still get the top defensive player at 5.  

Broncos didnt want to trade with me. I tried 

7 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think that would be a good deal to get our guy. 

I think too much is made of "our guy." Unless the staff only thinks one of these guys really can be "the guy," they would not trade up and forfeit other long term additions.

Everyone wants to point to the Goff and Wentz trades but they are forgetting that there were only 2 consensus guys in that draft. This year there is no consensus and there are more guys out there. I would rather save the picks in an inflated market - at least not move all the way to 2 - than blow all of our good picks on one guy that is marginally better. But I am not doing as intense of scouting as the staff is. If they make that big of a move and pays off, great, but it's also the kind of move that could cost jobs and starting all over. 

Just now, Virgil said:

I think the Giants will trade with the Broncos who want either Barkley or a QB.  

The Giants can still get the top defensive player at 5.  

Broncos didnt want to trade with me. I tried 

John Elway collects QB's like others might collect cards or stamps. If he finds someone he likes he would definitely try and make that move

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If we can get that deal and keep one of those picks I wouldn't mind it. I think it's one pick too many.

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think too much is made of "our guy." Unless the staff only thinks one of these guys really can be "the guy," they would not trade up and forfeit other long term additions.

Everyone wants to point to the Goff and Wentz trades but they are forgetting that there were only 2 consensus guys in that draft. This year there is no consensus and there are more guys out there. I would rather save the picks in an inflated market - at least not move all the way to 2 - than blow all of our good picks on one guy that is marginally better. But I am not doing as intense of scouting as the staff is. If they make that big of a move and pays off, great, but it's also the kind of move that could cost jobs and starting all over. 

I would think fans would be more forgiving to a staff that went for it over a staff that tried to do what the last few decades have done, build around a backup QB and think it is going to end differently. They all got fired  not going for it when it came to QB, play it safe but for a staff that went for it? I would for sure give them a high five and expect them back to clean it up and try again. That's the staff I want, one that will go for it, I am sick of the play it safe staff wishing for a lucky wild card of a season looking for a better QB every dam season.  I want a QB to knock NE off the high horse. I want a dynasty and we can't have that without a big talent at QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

If we can get that deal and keep one of those picks I wouldn't mind it. I think it's one pick too many.

I looked for +250 value, which is what the Colts got and what the Bears gave up last year.  Figured that was the status quo

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I looked for +250 value, which is what the Colts got and what the Bears gave up last year.  Figured that was the status quo

Yep your right. That package was the correct premium based of past recent trades. 

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I would think fans would be more forgiving to a staff that went for it over a staff that tried to do what the last few decades have done, build around a backup QB and think it is going to end differently. They all got fired  not going for it when it came to QB, play it safe but for a staff that went for it? I would for sure give them a high five and expect them back to clean it up and try again. That's the staff I want, one that will go for it, I am sick of the play it safe staff wishing for a lucky wild card of a season looking for a better QB every dam season.  I want a QB to knock NE off the high horse. I want a dynasty and we can't have that without a big talent at QB.

And yet I look at the list of teams that have won the super bowl this millenium and the only team that won having traded up in the draft for a QB are the Eagles and their backup played the entirety of the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

And yet I look at the list of teams that have won the super bowl this millenium and the only team that won having traded up in the draft for a QB are the Eagles and their backup played the entirety of the playoffs.

Cool story. We drafted Rosen, get over it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

No team is as lucky as NE in finding a QB so late in the draft to take them to all those SBs so those stats are skewed.

Bills haven't had a chance at a top QB from the draft in a very long time and sadly the only way up there is to trade up there. I do not care about other teams or any skewed stats to try to change my mind all I care about is how do we get up there to get one. Nothing matters but one of those top 3 IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Value points mean crap 

And yet they mean everything when it comes to figuring out what needs to be given up for trades 

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

Cool story Bro

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

No team is as lucky as NE in finding a QB so late in the draft to take them to all those SBs.

Bills haven't had a chance at a top QB from the draft in a very long time and sadly the only way up there is to trade up there. I do not care about other teams or any skewed stats to try to change my mind all I care about is how do we get up there to get one. Nothing matters but one of those top 3 IMO.

I understand. I am just not sure the Bills truly believe that there is as big a separation between one or two of these guys and the other three. And I also think a trade up up is OK but think that we gave up one too many picks. Keep #65 and throw in our 4th even. 

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I understand. I am just not sure the Bills truly believe that there is as big a separation between one or two of these guys and the other three. And I also think a trade up up is OK but think that we gave up one too many picks. Keep #65 and throw in our 4th even. 

I think after most trades including the team you like involve “one pick too many”

7 minutes ago, Big C said:

Hey man I don't know about you but IMO fans are sick of rice crispys for dinner for the last 2 decades IMO we all want some prime top shelve steak. IMO I do not care what it costs, make it happen cause frankly what was spent made it happen even with it being a little over I was fine with it. Just saying

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

What a shock! A mock draft on a Bills fans site has the Bills ending up with the QB that most fans want!

Who would have thought?0:)

That’s honestly the reason I didn’t want to do it. But I think it’s definitely possible and I like that the poll wasn’t lopsided.  

What pushed me was the reality that I think the Bills know #2 is their only chance.  They can’t trust the Jets and Broncos to not take their guy

Just now, Virgil said:

That’s honestly the reason I didn’t want to do it. But I think it’s definitely possible and I like that the poll wasn’t lopsided.  

What pushed me was the reality that I think the Bills know #2 is their only chance.  They can’t trust the Jets and Broncos to not take their guy

Not faulting you, but have seen it happen on here for almost 20 years in a row!

Fans being fans.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That hasnt been healthy and on a Massive Contract and from a TM that had a Rookie LT Perform great

All true, but still a cost of moving up.

I'm sure the Bengals wouldn't have made the trade if they weren't counting on Glenn to be the starting LT and that they've checked his Ankles and feet out thoroughly.