2019 QBs

16 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Drew Lock almost came out this year and was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder and as of right now he is the top QB for 2019. So no not interested in waiting. Been waiting 20 yrs

I hope the whining helps because if none of the teams at the top want to trade out we aren't legally allowed to steal their pick.  But the whining will always be there like a Teddy Bear or a Blankie.

16 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Drew Lock almost came out this year and was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder and as of right now he is the top QB for 2019. So no not interested in waiting. Been waiting 20 yrs

Mayfield himself said he was thinking about coming out last year but was projected as a 3rd/4th round prospect.  So he helped himself by staying in school, raising his draft stock.  Lock could do the same OR not.  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Mayfield himself said he was thinking about coming out last year but was projected as a 3rd/4th round prospect.  So he helped himself by staying in school, raising his draft stock.  Lock could do the same OR not.  We'll see.

Mayfield was a Heisman finalist. He was projected lower strictly due to his height. Lock is 6'4" so what's his excuse? It's probably the 54% completion percentage

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mayfield was a Heisman finalist. He was projected lower strictly due to his height. Lock is 6'4" so what's his excuse? It's probably the 54% completion percentage

I dunno.  I'm not sticking up for the guy.  I'm just saying Lock could improve his stock to the first round next season just like Mayfield did by going back for another season.  They were both considered 3rd/4th rounders at one point.  Mayfield improved his standing by returning to school.  Let's see if Lock will do the same.  That's all.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I dunno.  I'm not sticking up for the guy.  I'm just saying Lock could improve his stock to the first round next season just like Mayfield did by going back for another season.  They were both considered 3rd/4th rounders at one point.  Mayfield improved his standing by returning to school.  Let's see if Lock will do the same.  That's all.

It could happen, especially in a draft with no other QB's. He will definitely be drafted higher than he would have this year. I'm just saying I'm not the least bit impressed after 3 seasons so 1 more isn't going to change my mind.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I got the impression that it meant waiting till later?

It's a euphemism for procrastination, but in the context of this draft, It mean's "take a QB NOW"... I'd agree if I thought some 21 year old could reverse the culture we've adopted for over 2 decades... I think we need stud competitors at multiple positions in order to do that...

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m tired of doing this. Enough “next years” Fix this **** for once and stop waiting.

Just now, Batman1876 said:

Next year never comes.  One way or another our choice of picking a QB will be between a QB or a bunch of picks, either because we trade up or have an opportunity to trade down.  This year is as good as any to take a swing. 

1996. :wacko: If not this year then when???

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1996. :wacko: If not this year then when???

Since Kelly retired after the 96 season we have been looking for a QB, 2 first round picks, two traded first round picks, a handful of later round shots, and more journeymen than you can shake a stick at. And after all these years of failure we are looking at a Draft where we can get the highest rated prospect we have ever had.  Those  prospects, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson were 0,0, 6 months, 18 months and 0 the last time the Bills were not on the QB hunt. 

18 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

Since Kelly retired after the 96 season we have been looking for a QB, 2 first round picks, two traded first round picks, a handful of later round shots, and more journeymen than you can shake a stick at. And after all these years of failure we are looking at a Draft where we can get the highest rated prospect we have ever had.  Those  prospects, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson were 0,0, 6 months, 18 months and 0 the last time the Bills were not on the QB hunt. 

Yeah, now that's putting the amount of time in perspective. Ugh. Sad thing is, they may not even be able to get one if those 5. That's a lot of QBs to go in the first 11 picks, but these are different times and it could happen. 

Edited by Boatdrinks