Dan Patrick: Bills have called Browns about #1 pick

19 minutes ago, Success said:

Due diligence.  More and more I feel like we won’t be trading into the top 5.

i get the due diligence...

but how do you come to the conclusion buffalo inquires about 1st pick = not trading up?

its not math... but if it was the math wouldnt work

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

No way Cleveland moves out of 1. Browns need players, they already have a great draft board. At some point you need to take high end players in a draft and stop accumulating so many picks.

Yeah Cleveland really needs some proven, ascending young players more than they need picks...........and for the balance of the haul they would probably rather have future first round picks rather than more now.    Probably looking for something more like a Chris Hinton/Andre Rison and picks for #1 pick(Jeff George) deal from 1990.

In that aspect the Bills ammunition isn't that impressive versus the field.   

The Bills only have 2 young players of any trade value.........Tre White and Dawkins..........both of whom Cleveland would surely covet as they are areas of need.......but they almost CAN'T trade Dawkins and would certainly loathe to trade White.

If you know what the price is for 2, you've gotta see if it's similar for the price of 1.  If 1 is remotely close, just go to 1 and make sure you get your guy.

Also potentially helps with negotiations with the Giants if they think they are in the catbird seat.

The more picks Cleveland has the easier they can move back up from other picks to get to load up even more 1st,2nd round picks. It's a easy cash cow, sure they would have a ton of picks but to have all those is a great chip to move later picks to top picks. They could easily end up with 10-12 picks in the top 2 rounds

Edited by xRUSHx

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not think the Browns are moving. I do think the Bills are determining market for the #1 now that the cost for #3 is locked in, to re-set on their offer for the #2 pick. 

Its the same thing they did in FA with the QBs. Beane straight up said that they made calls about QBs as due diligence on market with no intent on signing them. 

I think it's great he is doing the his due diligence on the trade value.  If it's not there, don't take it.  No reason to give up the farm to move up.

All of this conversation prior to the draft might be moot thought once everything starts to take shape.  Things can change pretty quickly...

I think what you’ll see Buffalo will trade somewhere in the 6-11 area to get their guy.  I just can’t see the Giants going QB. 

The Bills will get the # 4 guy it seems. I think your likely to see Darnold and Allen be the first two off the board. If the Broncos take a QB at 5 (which isn’t a guarantee) the Bills will end up with either Rosen or Mayfield at 6-7

22 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

The old Browns GM would have traded the pick but they will stay at 1 and select a QB.  I'm glad the Bills have explored the possibility of trading for the pick though.  

They have to.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think what you’ll see Buffalo will trade somewhere in the 6-11 area to get their guy.  I just can’t see the Giants going QB. 

The Bills will get the # 4 guy it seems. I think your likely to see Darnold and Allen be the first two off the board. If the Broncos take a QB at 5 (which isn’t a guarantee) the Bills will end up with either Rosen or Mayfield at 6-7

I do think the Giants will take a QB but not at 2. They will take one with one of their multiple  prime picks they get in return for 2.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

The more picks Cleveland has the easier they can move up from other picks to get the load up even more 1st,2nd round picks. It's a easy cash cow, sure they would have a ton of picks but to have all those is a great chip to move later picks to top picks.

Draft Day

The Browns have to settle at QB, but they flip all their picks around to get Vontae Mack (Chubb) and Ray Jennings (Barkley) and commits to the underappreciated vet at QB, Dorsey then bangs the cap girl in the closet and sends flowers to his mom.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'll be surprised if the Browns move out of #1. 

I would eat my shirt if the browns trade #1.

Although it would be very brownsey.

If sashi brown was still running the show, I think it would be more likely.

Dorsey? Don't think so, at least not without "going Ditka"

16 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Trade up to 1 and take Allen. Damn. IDK how I'd feel about it.

I would be very nervous, but at the same time I'd be happy we took a risk.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s where I am at. I was positive that the Bills were going up. I am not positive now but think that it is probably still likely. They will ask on 1 & 2. I suspect that the Bills are trying to get up without using the 2019 1st. Something like this: 12, 22, 53, 65 and a 2019 4th (we have 2 of those). That would be a nice return for the Giants. The Giants would have 12, 22, 34, 53, 65, 66, 102, 135, 139, 176 (plus the pick next year). That would give them crazy flexibility too. They can move all over the board if there are guys that they like.

The Bills keep 56 and 96 along with next year’s 1. They will get their QB and maybe 2 other starters out of this class. 

I like this breakdown.

I'd be shocked however if next years 1 isnt used. 

Its kinda the end all in regard to one upping other teams considering a move up.

Sure, there are smaller pieces that can be added... but the 1 is what would put us over the top.

Odd as it sounds, the 1 next year could also allow for the chance of a normal draft this year and next. 

no idea obviously, just a little conjecture 

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

There would be a riot in Cleveland.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I agree they need to take a shot. It is Buffalo tho and risk takers don't last long here. I personally would be willing to give McDermott two or three shots at the QB position. We do know how the radio drives narratives here tho.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 1