Bill's Updated Cap 03-15-18

The Bills have been one of the teams that always ends up with “rollover” cap money. This would be the year that isn’t necessary considering the amount of projected cap space next year.

spend it!!

Eric wood will come of at some point too. I assume they will do a post-June retirement? I think it would create another $6 mil cushion down the line.

Edited by TPS

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They have $26.3 so if you assume Kyle, Murphy, Logan Thomas & Odighizuwa are $12M it leaves you $14M maybe?

I didn’t the the cap hit for Murphy this upcoming season.  I know his average is a little over 7 mill a year.  I’m sure they probably took a smaller hit this year.  I saw the 22-26 mill left and always assume that it’s the lesser number when it comes to Buffalo.  14 mill plus draft picks?  That should get us one more solid starter and some depth/lesser starters

Here’s my question if anyone knows. Of the money they have left, I believe 10-11 of it was “rolled over” from extra cap space in 2017. Let’s say the Bills spend to the point where at the end of the season they have the same amount in cap space, basically what’s left is what was rolled over from 2017 into 2018.

so here’s my question, can that unspent cap space be rolled over again into 2019? Or can it only be “rolled” once? 

Sorry if in explaining this oddly... 

11 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Here’s my question if anyone knows. Of the money they have left, I believe 10-11 of it was “rolled over” from extra cap space in 2017. Let’s say the Bills spend to the point where at the end of the season they have the same amount in cap space, basically what’s left is what was rolled over from 2017 into 2018.

so here’s my question, can that unspent cap space be rolled over again into 2019? Or can it only be “rolled” once? 

Sorry if in explaining this oddly... 

Yes, they can roll over any unused cap space from year to year. Thats partly how teams like the Browns and 49ers ended up with a salary cap of like $236M this year (when the cap is $177M). 

They just have to spend at least 89% of the cap over a 4yr period. 

MLB is a huge, important hole.

I think they fell in love with one in the draft. A guy they feel can step in day 1 and start like The White did as the #1 cb.

Our DE rotation is nasty.

People forget Lorax will be playing a lot  of DE on passing downs! He ended the season very impressively, think McD and Co realized how to get the most out of him towards the end of the year

I think the Bills have room for 1-2 decent signings. They can't go crazy but if there is a starting caliber player available for 3-6 million per they can go out and get them easily. I think the market is still alive with good players who can come in and start, I would love to see the Bills sign 1-2 more starting caliber players. Plug in WR or a guard on the offensive side of the ball and go after a nickel corner or linebacker on defense. 

The Bills aren't going to plug all their needs in free agency but 1-2 more filled really opens up the draft. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

where are you getting these #'s?   you are way off

I didn’t look but am assuming that Kyle and Murphy are roughly $10M of cap space and Thomas and odighizuwa $1M each. It’s a total guess on my part but don’t think that it is way off.