Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

Yes, it would absolutely suck. This team made the playoffs last year with a remedial passing attack. Trading Tyrod Taylor made a lot of sense, you upgrade the passing attack with a veteran QB that is better. Bradford would have fit that bill nicely. You can win games with him, and there wouldn't be no pressure to put a rookie QB in too soon. The Bills hit a roadblock yesterday. Their lack of WRs may have had an impact. Start Peterman? Be prepared to go 0-5. Matt Moore? Just as bad. I'm not sure what their remaining options are to actually have an upgraded passing attack on opening day. I'm pretty sure a rook and Nate P isn't it. I guess I'd take a shot at McCarron. At least we don't know if he sucks or not yet. Currently the Bills are the only NFL team to not have a starting QB on the roster . I f the goal remains to win now and in the future, the Bills will have to do better than a Matt Moore type vet. I'm stunned that Bridgewater is going to the Jets for just $5 million. The Bills must have showed zero interest. Why go to the Jets , with McCown and a likely high draft pick at QB vs the Bills with Nate Peterman and a rook? 

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, Cash said:

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

that was silly the first time I read that posted.  

How did he play in relief in the Saints game? 

How did he play in relief in the NE game?  

How did he play in the blizzard in the Colts game? 

blob.png.c83e61d62c28e78e9e71c57a0ad3c229.png

image.thumb.png.cde56053eaf783e139654c4966aafe6c.png

image.thumb.png.a7e5db71d7f99d2c09f3711aa536d8f1.png

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, it would absolutely suck. This team made the playoffs last year with a remedial passing attack. Trading Tyrod Taylor made a lot of sense, you upgrade the passing attack with a veteran QB that is better. Bradford would have fit that bill nicely. You can win games with him, and there wouldn't be no pressure to put a rookie QB in too soon. The Bills hit a roadblock yesterday. Their lack of WRs may have had an impact. Start Peterman? Be prepared to go 0-5. Matt Moore? Just as bad. I'm not sure what they're remaining options are to actually have an upgraded passing attack on opening day. I'm pretty sure a rook and Nate P isn't it. I guess I'd take a shot at McCarron. At least we don't know if he sucks or not yet. Currently the Bills are the only NFL team to not have a starting QB on the roster . I f the goal remains to win now and in the future, the Bills will have to do better than a Matt Moore type vet. I'm stunned that Bridgewater is going to the Jets for just $5 million. The Bills must have showed zero interest. Why go to the Jets , with McCown and a likely high draft pick at QB vs the Bills with Nate Peterman and a rook? 

Doesn't that just broadcast that Mcbeane is going all in on his first round qb?  

If that really is the plan -- to trade up for a rookie and go into the season with just the rookie and Peterman at QB... Well, the 2019 first round draft pick had better NOT be part of the capital used to move up in the trade. That could wind up being a top 5 pick next year.

There are still options. The Bills aren’t going with Peterman and a rookie. Guys like McCarron and Moore are still out there. Anderson is out there, you can get Siemian for basically nothing. The Bills are going to be playing the rookie relatively early it looks like. That is what we all wanted anyways. Take a deep breath and let it play out. The Bills are doing the right thing by not overpaying for a placeholder.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are still options. The Bills aren’t going with Peterman and a rookie. Guys like McCarron and Moore are still out there. Anderson is out there, you can get Siemian for basically nothing. The Bills are going to be playing the rookie relatively early it looks like. That is what we all wanted anyways. Take a deep breath and let it play out. The Bills are doing the right thing by not overpaying for a placeholder.

McCarron is the "safer" bet, Moore is well known.    

Yes, there are options still available.   In the Ginger Hammer I trust 

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There's a line somewhere between veteran presence and crap. When you start getting down to Trevor Siemian you are crossing it. 

it is a huge gamble at this point.  Lets remember all they should be able to move in the top 5 until they do nothing is certain.  It is reckless to not add a qb at this time .

If they are able to get a deal for the 2 or 3 than it will not matter as much.  Currently it is not a great situation 

it is a huge gamble at this point.  Lets remember all they should be able to move in the top 5 until they do nothing is certain.  It is reckless to not add a qb at this time .

If they are able to get a deal for the 2 or 3 than it will not matter as much.  Currently it is not a great situation 

If they spent the savings to fill holes like Allen Robinson & Norwell or even lower down the pay scale like Richardson or Weston Richburg, sure I could embrace that type of scenario.

But if all we get is Rafael Bush and a bunch of unused cap space, that's an awful plan.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Well, other than THAT, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the play?"

Yes, I think it would be that bad

Thanks. 

I don't get it at all. This seems reckless.  I expected a little patience, recognition that there a building process going n I. And also recognition that some QB might grow into a real stsr, like Cousins, Keenum or Foles.  

This seems like a crap shoot on an untested rookie. 

The only other explanation is that McD really likes Peterman and that his one NFL outing was aberrational.  Maybe McD thinks Peterman will be as good as McCarron, which is the bare minimum the Bills need. 

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'm wondering if they are working to move up with the Broncos and part of the deal may include Siemian?

14 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Biased opinion? Whatever it is my opinion of him and others tend to agree.

Many already know the team threw that LA game to make sure Tyrod was brought back as the starter. Sadly some posters hold that one game against Peterman, sadly the team made sure Peterman failed bad in that game. Tyrod helped only himself, take it for whatever but Tyrod helped Tyrod and he will do the same in Cleveland. He is not a mentor.

i know that is not a popular opinion. i haven't done the research and it has never been mentioned yet, but what was the status of our receiving corp that day? if i remember correctly we didn't have anyone.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's a line somewhere between veteran presence and crap. When you start getting down to Trevor Siemian you are crossing it. 

He is 13-11 as a starter. In 2 years he has thrown 30 TDs to 24 INTs. He’s a smart game manager. No, he is not the long-term guy but none of these guys are but Cousins. The rest are fool’s gold. Is that really worse than these guys that were out there? In addition he is below $2M!! Give me Siemian at that price instead any of the contracts signed yesterday besides Cousins and Brees.