Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Nope not me man.

But if I am not mistaken you made a bet with me that Tyrod would still be on the team this season and if he isn't you would french kiss your dogs butt.

You are sorely mistaken. That wasn’t me. 

I thought that he was likely to be gone (but a chance to stay). I also knew (not thought) that he would be at $10M+. There is one of the anti-Tyrod people that has to leave the board. I don’t remember whom. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You are sorely mistaken. That wasn’t me. 

I thought that he was likely to be gone (but a chance to stay). I also knew (not thought) that he would be at $10M+. There is one of the anti-Tyrod people that has to leave the board. I don’t remember whom. 

Wasn't me man sorry your stuck with me here, besides I would never make that bet because I was 100% worried we would be stuck with him another season with talk of paying that stupid bonus.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Despite my screen name I'll give Peterman a chance to not chuck up pick6s as backup

With Tyrod gone I would expect the team to play better for him this time around.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

With Tyrod gone I would expect the team to play better for him this time around.

Nope, Peterman sucks on his own. In the playoff game, he fumbled, took and intentional grounding and got picked in 1 drive!! He’s awful (but fortunately we will never have to see him play again).

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I respect "no".  But you have to have a realistic choice to which you answer "yes".  Who is that available veteran QB?

They're pretty much gone now. Most of the decent options anyway. A rook and Peterman isn't a sensible plan. We'll see what happens. 

On March 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't want the Bills scraping the QB barrel and spending $10-15MM on whatever's left. Why not just roll with Nate Peterman and whoever we draft, with Joe Webb III your #3? The SD game aside, I thought NP was okay.

If we draft a top rookie name, I don't care who plays interim QB for this team or for how long.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, Peterman sucks on his own. In the playoff game, he fumbled, took and intentional grounding and got picked in 1 drive!! He’s awful (but fortunately we will never have to see him play again).

I would imagine we will see him again. It was his first season I do not hold it against him, I do hold him responsible and want him to get better but I for one will not hold his rookie season to such a high level. IMO he will get better.

Take a look at how bad Aikmen was his rookie season it might make you feel a little better about Peterman. He had like a 52%completion, he was horrible.

Aikman finished 1989 with a 0–11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. 

Edited by xRUSHx

On 3/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't want the Bills scraping the QB barrel and spending $10-15MM on whatever's left. Why not just roll with Nate Peterman and whoever we draft, with Joe Webb III your #3? The SD game aside, I thought NP was okay.

I don't disagree with this, I just don't think they're gonna go into camp with Peterman and [insert rookie QB here].  It's not McBeane style, imo.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:07 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nice assessment.....Peterman and the rook QB draftee would never be ready.......with the Kolb disaster, EJ got thrown to the wolves (so did Losman when Tom Terrific tried to cover his sorry azz) and both moves worked "wonders"..........

Losman sat for a year before playing.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kirby Kirby Kirby 

1) how would you do in that situation?  

2) Tom Brady fumbled in the SB.   

does that mean he sucks???

Asking for a friend.  

Did TB12 throw an INT too?

maybe wishful thinking 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I would imagine we will see him again. It was his first season I do not hold it against him, I do hold him responsible and want him to get better but I for one will not hold his rookie season to such a high level. IMO he will get better.

Take a look at how bad Aikmen was his rookie season it might make you feel a little better about Peterman.

Aikman finished 1989 with a 0–11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. 

Aikman was the first overall pick. Peterman was the Bills 2nd 5th round pick. They are TOTALLY different prospects. Peterman is Levi Brown. He is a long-shot that had fatal flaws that were magnified when given the chance. He is a worse prospect now than he was a year ago. He will be lucky to be on a roster this year.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

idk what that means. Are you implying the OLine gave up because they wanted Tyrod playing?

Go find the article I don't feel like looking but it is out there. LA D said they were coming in untouched.

Aikman was the first overall pick. Peterman was the Bills 2nd 5th round pick. They are TOTALLY different prospects. Peterman is Levi Brown. He is a long-shot that had fatal flaws that were magnified when given the chance. He is a worse prospect now than he was a year ago. He will be lucky to be on a roster this year.

I agree different prospects, just saying he had a horrible first season like most rookies do.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Kirby Kirby Kirby 

1) how would you do in that situation?  

2) Tom Brady fumbled in the SB.   

does that mean he sucks???

Asking for a friend.  

Did TB12 throw an INT too?

maybe wishful thinking 

If you can find a span (in his entire career) where Brady was 25-52 with 7 picks I will leave here forever.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

idk what that means. Are you implying the OLine gave up because they wanted Tyrod playing?

It is strange that they didn’t block for crap until Nate got benched. 

Not saying they did.  Just an observation.  

Oh and before 26NateHater calls me Mrs Peterman.   Nate is the only QB on the team so there is no one else signed to talk about.  

If you can find a span (in his entire career) where Brady was 25-52 with 7 picks I will leave here forever.

You are aware that TB12 has had multiple 4 INT games and at least one of them was against the Buffalo Bills. 

Just now, xRUSHx said:

I agree different prospects, just saying he had a horrible first season like most rookies do.

A lot of guys do. Goff wasn’t great but had a ton of ability and upside. Peterman was considered the one of the most pro ready prospects. That was a plus for him coming out!! Teams didn’t think that he’d grow a ton because his physical limitations but believed that he was heady enough to play now!! That’s terrifying. He isn’t some raw talent that needs molding.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh and before 26NateHater calls me Mrs Peterman.   Nate is the only QB on the team so there is no one else signed to talk about.  

It is amazing how tough some of them are on Peterman considering he was a late round draft pick on his first season. I am not saying he will be anything great I just think he will get better and hopefully turn into a solid backup.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You are aware that TB12 has had multiple 4 INT games and at least one of them was against the Buffalo Bills. 

Two of them I believe 

Just now, xRUSHx said:

It is amazing how tough some of them are on Peterman considering he was a late round draft pick on his first season. I am not saying he will be anything great I just think he will get better and hopefully turn into a solid backup.

His ceiling is a career backup.... and I'd like him only as the 3rd QB on the Bills. 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He has thrown 10,269 career passes. You can take any 52 pass span and find one worse than Peterman’s 52 passes. You wont

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

What did this kid do to make you hate him????

He sucks at football. I don’t hate him but I don’t see any reason to have him in the roster as the 3rd QB. That’s a total waste of a roster spot especially if you have disaster options in Webb and Thomas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He sucks at football. I don’t hate him but I don’t see any reason to have him in the roster as the 3rd QB. That’s a total waste of a roster spot especially if you have disaster options in Webb and Thomas.

he plays quarterback like I play Madden, 9 step drop and throw while moving backwards.

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

26CBblitz is the board MVP in all seriousness.

• Like (+1) 1

No it wouldn't be cool !!

The Bills FO & coach have a firm grasp on wha they are doing there will be a lot of fans that don't like this move of grabbing Mccarran but i think they know a bunch more about seeing good football players than the fans here do , just look at what they did last year !!

If they are even half right about this move it will be better than TT was at the helm . 

Still don't understand it AJ never had a comp % less than 62% in his entire career not to mention he took his college team to the national championship 3 years out of 4 & brought his team back from a pretty good deficit in one that i can remember .

But i would expect nothing less from our fans seeing as they couldn't stand the last 2 QB's that took the team to a play off !! 

Edited by T master