Sign in to follow this  
PromoTheRobot

Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

I don't want the Bills scraping the QB barrel and spending $10-15MM on whatever's left. Why not just roll with Nate Peterman and whoever we draft, with Joe Webb III your #3? The SD game aside, I thought NP was okay.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Remember what happened when we went into a season with Manual and Tuel? Pretty much the same.

You really should have an NFL vet in the QB room. Help the young guys out breaking down film, transition to the NFL.

We have a QB coach that has primarily coached WRs. We need someone that is experienced in that QB room.

• Like 2

I'd be OK with this, as long as the rookie is Mayfield or Rosen. The other rookies will need as much as a full season on the bench before playing, in that case, I'd like a Foles or McCarron for 2018.

• Like 1

Honestly I dont want to see peterman on the field again unless he has grown a little ...ok alot. We need a vet to help the rookie acclimate  to the team the playbook and just NFL in general.

• Like 3

The only rookie I would feel good about in this scenario is Rosen. Otherwise, NO. A vet to help the transition would be great.

• Like 1

As long as it's Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen as that top drafted QB, I'd be fine with it.  Maybe McDermott can bring Joe Webb back as the #3 QB.  Peterman would clearly be the backup at that point.  Build up the team with talent, otherwise.

The Peterman Can or the Webb man can or the new qb can 

Depends on whether or  not they get the most ready prospect in the draft, which would be Rosen. Mayfield's ability to assimilate to an under center QB shouldn't be that difficult, either, but he'd need more time. I think Darnold and Allen would fare the worst if forced to start right away or soon into the season. 

Why bother bringing Kyle Williams back for that?  And who wants to tell Shady that plan after he got a taste of the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Not ideal.  But paying a ton for a bridge guy doesn't make a ton of sense either

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't want the Bills scraping the QB barrel and spending $10-15MM on whatever's left. Why not just roll with Nate Peterman and whoever we draft, with Joe Webb III your #3? The SD game aside, I thought NP was okay.

"Well, other than THAT, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the play?"

Yes, I think it would be that bad

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha 2

Won't happen. There will be a vet.

Posted (edited)

I would look for a cheap replacement to Webb but I am fine with Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield or even Rudolph and then Peterman as one and two. The 3rd needs to be someone other then Webb IMO, Webb is not a pocket QB he should have went in the package with Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

I think the idea of a bridge qb is overrated. But you at least need a vet in the lockerroom.

• Like 2

Ya they need some sort of veteran presence at QB.

Even like Matt Moore as a backup.

No way I would go in with Peterman and a rookie QB

I'd dislike it. The whole point of vets is to help the young guys learn how to be NFL QBs and the amount of work required, weldon't currently have someone who can help a rookie develop. Peterman has shown he can't even prepare himself to start a game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Remember what happened when we went into a season with Manual and Tuel? Pretty much the same.

You really should have an NFL vet in the QB room. Help the young guys out breaking down film, transition to the NFL.

We have a QB coach that has primarily coached WRs. We need someone that is experienced in that QB room.

To be fair, they had Kevin Kolb. Also, these guys minus Allen and Jackson's should be more pro ready than EJ.

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

...nice assessment.....Peterman and the rook QB draftee would never be ready.......with the Kolb disaster, EJ got thrown to the wolves (so did Losman when Tom Terrific tried to cover his sorry azz) and both moves worked "wonders"..........

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd dislike it. The whole point of vets is to help the young guys learn how to be NFL QBs and the amount of work required, weldon't currently have someone who can help a rookie develop. Peterman has shown he can't even prepare himself to start a game. 

Look who Peterman was being mentored from, Tyrod is no mentor. IMO Peterman will get better with development and a better mentor. Peterman will end up a solid backup IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

Sign in to follow this