12 + 22 = what pick?

NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Giants, Colts and Browns.  We have to trade with one of the 3 or we risk throwing away this offseason’s plan.  I’ll be blown away if the plan is to draft a QB at 12.  

What if they just want Keenum or Bradford and made the trade up for Vita Vea? Lol.  

Then we murder them, we can a  GOOD DT in this draft without trading up.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

It equals 1980 not 1780. Puts us right between the #3 and #4 overall pick.

Every time I see stuff about this way of grading picks I'm reminded of hearing Polian laugh at the concept and saying no GMs take it seriously.

I think this is all about getting to the Browns 4th overall pick, or maybe the Colts 3rd overall. If they throw in one of our 2nd rounders, or even both, that would be enough to get to... well, whoever in the top 3 wants to cut a deal. Any of them could be viable. I keep seeing speculation for the Giants but I think it would be very unwise of them to not take advantage of having 2 overall, when they'll have their choice of either Barkley or Darnold.

Our extras in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are basically luxury picks, in a sense. If Bills trade both 1sts & 2nds to get to the top of the 1st round, all you are really losing out on is choosing in the 2nd round.

That is totally worth it, and a much better way of wheeling&dealing than giving up "next year's 1st" to move up for Sammy Watkins.

Edited by LA Grant

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Every time I see stuff about this way of grading picks I'm reminded of hearing Polian laugh at the concept and saying no GMs take it seriously.

Polian was never a fan of numbers. B-)

Just now, Klaista2k said:

Why not?

I think Allen is underrated. 

You have to keep in mind that he didn't have the best talent around him at Wyoming. 

When is the last time someone like him worked out? I'm not being a dick. I just think he is more likely to bust than to be the franchise guy. 

I would prefer Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Jackson before Allen. 

9 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I'm thinking we already have talked with Cleveland regarding the trade to 4. I bet that is our plan

I still think we’re not safe at 4 , the Jets could leap to 2nd or 3rd  , 

i think to get our guy will have to move to 2nd 

Buffalo is moving into the top 4. There is no way they dont. Giants colts and browns will all be willing.  They need so much help on there teams buffalos 2 firsts and other picks are juicy for a team that needs alot of help

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Not sure 65 gets it done. 

I think 12, 22, 53 or 56 definitely gets the Bills close maybe a late round 2019 pick gets it done.

If we go this route, I'd rather do 12, 22 and next year's 2nd.   

Beside the QB, they need talent now.   And 53, 56 and 65 would help plug a lot of holes...

15 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I think it gets us 4th.

I guarantee you we'll do a trade up again with the Browns for 4. It will cost 12+21. They have TT now and who better to groom Lamar Jackson @ 12.  The problem is who will be there left @4 between Darnold,  Rosen & Mayfield?

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

When is the last time someone like him worked out? I'm not being a dick. I just think he is more likely to bust than to be the franchise guy. 

I would prefer Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Jackson before Allen. 

Almost ANY player could bust. 

Allen does have all of the raw physics tools to succeed though. (size, big arm, mobile, etc)

I too think they have been aiming for the Giants.  What absolutely blows my mind is that I truly believe Cleveland is going to take Barkley #1.

They can take whatever QB they want, it is not an easy decision by any stretch. All four have their own issues. Rosen and Mayfield seem like the surest bets, but Mayfield has baggage and Rosen is damaged goods. Allen and Darnold have got upside, but damn... Tough, tough, call.  After what Beane has done so far I have confidence they will get the right one, and if they do; Pegula better lock Beane up for the next decade.

Go Bills.

12 = 1200

22 = 780

2nd 2019 = avg 450

12 and 22 gets us to 4th pick ad

2nd next yr gets us to 3rd pick. I think thats where we are going. browns go allen giants go barkley we move to 3 and prolly take darnold