Bills open to moving Glenn - Bengels Bills trade - Bills move to 12 for Glenn & 21

Lots of teams looking for tackle help, and trades could be an option. Bills are open to dealing LT Cordy Glenn, and Dolphins are looking to move RT Ju'Wuan James, per sources. In addition, Patriots LT Nate Solder's market's hot.

I'm told the #Bengals are trading for #Bills OT Cordy Glenn.

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski
FollowFollow @JimOwczarski
More

Can confirm the #Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn. Bengals move down in the first round, but pick up the salary.

Compensation for Cordy Glenn trade: Bills and Bengals swap 1st Round picks. Bills go to 12. Bengals go to 21. Teams also swap 5th and 6th round picks.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Cordy is a nice chess piece to have. We did well enough without him, so the pressure is not there to keep him. When healthy, he's a solid LT, but we showed we can do just fine without him. The real question is how much value other teams place on a solid LT with health issues.

Personally, I think we'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him. Still, that gives McBeane the opportunity to include him as part of a trade-up scenario and still retain a decent set of draft picks.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

"Keep him until April 26th and package him in a trade up for a QB.  ROLE PLAYERS!!!!!!!"
- MAJBobby

I have a challenge for you: construct a post that is not intended to criticize someone else, but rather to add some type of original thought or idea to the discussion.

I dare you.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yes. 

For some reason that I still cannot fathom, the Bills seem intent on trading a top 15 starting LT on a good contract while his value is at its lowest. Then they'll likely spend a high pick to draft tackle. 

It makes NO sense to me. Never has. I've been all for Beane/McDermott's roster purging moves up until now, but this one....I just don't get. Unless Glenn has a bad attitude, I don't see why you don't just let him heal, let him and Dawkins compete, and whoever "loses" the competition plays on the right. Tackle problem solved. Instead they're going to force him out for a 6th round pick. Ludicrous.

The ONLY way moving Glenn makes sense is if it's part of a trade-up package or if you get a 2nd round pick back. If it's neither of those things, then it's a silly move.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I have a challenge for you: construct a post that is not intended to criticize someone else, but rather to add some type of original thought or idea to the discussion.

I dare you.

Man I don't know Bandit, original thought on this board is a bit of a unicorn... We do have a crap ton on the speculative thought side though....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I dare you.

I said basically the same thing a week or two ago....crickets.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yes. 

For some reason that I still cannot fathom, the Bills seem intent on trading a top 15 starting LT on a good contract while his value is at its lowest. Then they'll likely spend a high pick to draft tackle. 

It makes NO sense to me. Never has. I've been all for Beane/McDermott's roster purging moves up until now, but this one....I just don't get. Unless Glenn has a bad attitude, I don't see why you don't just let him heal, let him and Dawkins compete, and whoever "loses" the competition plays on the right. Tackle problem solved. Instead they're going to force him out for a 6th round pick. Ludicrous.

The ONLY way moving Glenn makes sense is if it's part of a trade-up package or if you get a 2nd round pick back. If it's neither of those things, then it's a silly move.

To be fair though, it’s not like it’s a Rookie contract. It’s a fair one, but it is costly and considering how well Dawkins played - I understand the impetus to try and parlay him into McBeane type of guys who are younger. However, I also support keeping him and moving him on the O-line.

7 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

It all depends on the medical. I would take a 3rd in 2019 if they can get it or as part of a move up this draft. Most likely he will get you a 4th.

In that case, I'd much rather we try to work him at RT or RG this season (or work Dion Dawkins at RT). Between our run game and the likely potential of having a rookie QB, we should not be quick to move on from a player who, when healthy, is above average, and about whom many have speculated has some potential ability at other spots on the line, unless the assets acquired make it absolutely worth it (to me, that would be at least a 2nd rounder).

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Josh Reed Retweeted Albert Breer

I would be surprised to see Cordy Glenn back with the #Bills next season. Rookie Dion Dawkins started to play well at LT in his place

For the purpose of what, a mid-round pick or two and $3M in cap space?

What's so wrong with having 2 good OTs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

Why not?  It's not like we'd miss him from last year.

Hopefully, we can get a high 2nd round pick for him :D .  Give me more picks.  Makes it easier to take the blue pill.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

If Taylor can return the first pick in the 3rd round, so long as he's healthy, Glenn should return better than that. 

Hopefully a high 2nd.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

For the purpose of what, a mid-round pick or two and $3M in cap space?

What's so wrong with having 2 good OTs?

Agree - beef up the line with a rookie QB.  If Glenn recovers fully and has a productive year, then look to move him for more value.