Sal C’s “Dear Browns fans....” about Tyrod Taylor

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He admitted it 

He skipped practice and ran wrong routes.  He also admitted he came to work drugged and drunk.

I hope he's straight and he stays straight, but how to put it nicely?  When guys screw up cuz they're impaired, they sometimes tend to rationalize what they did under the influence.  Do you accept what he says about it as factual?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I believe Taylor gave us his best every game he played here. Seemed to be a good guy both on and off the field. Never had any locker room issues... The guy sat behind Flacco all those years came here and won his QB competitions. He handled being benched for a rookie with class. QBed the first Bills team to make the playoffs in forever. He was by far the best QB we've had in Buffalo since Kelly... 

Sure he had his limits. The missed open guys and all that... All QBs have their limitations.  I guess I don't get why anyone would feel the need to take a jab at the guy as he's moving on to his new team. He gave us his best and conducted himself like a true professional during his time as the Bills QB. So what if we argued about him... We argue about everything. We will be arguing about the next QB too. That's what we do.

I don't see why Sal even bothered to write that up. I suppose that's his job. I don't get it... I haven't seen Taylor dogging the Bills anywhere since this trade was announced. I think showing the guy some respect on his way out of town is the least we could do. 

Tyrod, thanks for what you did for us here in Buffalo and I'm wishing you the best of luck in Cleveland and beyond. 

Edited by GrizzReaper
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think most of the Tyrod fighting was rooted in  people wanting to defend their predictions that Tyrod would turn the corner. So when he didn't play up to them they had to turn to explanations why they were still right. And I think Tyrod saying it was because he is black didn't help.

Oh well we are on a new chapter and I wish the Browns good luck!

So much of this post is just wrong on so many levels. You're simple. I'm convinced of it. 

19 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You might want to let go of that. We are talking about the present and future.

And you're taking Tyrod quotes out of context from August... Weird you'd be the one to talk about present and future. Nothing that you've said has to do with on field performance. 

16 hours ago, grb said:

Two points :

• I'm amazed at people still fuming over Taylor's short, brief comment about black quarterbacks - made, of course, weeks before the bizarre & moronic decision to bench him for Peterman (a situation which Taylor handled with class). As for Taylor's comments, I personally think they're correct, that black QBs do have a smaller margin for error (at least to a degree) and are on a shorter leash. But even if I decide that's wrong - or disagree with Taylor over the extent - I would still find the anger over the comments strange. The man was in Buffalo for three years and represented the city extremely well, and yet people rage over that? Huh.
  • As for Taylor never "turning the corner", really? Going from the end of '15 season, the Bills organization has dumped Hogan, dumped Goodwin, dumped Watkins, dumped Gillislee, dumped Woods, gave up on Karlos and Percy, saw their two main receivers miss well over half of '16 injured, saw their only two decent receivers play all of '17 injured, saw their o-line go from spotty to bad in pass protection, saw their o-line go from premier to so-so in the running game. That last development followed another useless scheme change, which dropped the Bills out of a league-leading running game. So Taylor never "turned the corner"? Go figure.

Here's what I know : During his Bills career, Taylor has had a pieced-together mess for receivers except the fifteen games of '15-'16 when he had Watkins and Woods on the field. That's it : Taylor, Watkins, and Woods played together just fifteen games over two years. 

When that happened, this occurred : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INT

BadLands has solidified himself as a grade A, old ass idiot with his posts. You wasted your time, he'll never respect the point and keep bringing up irrelevant points. Those Tyrod quotes were way before the LA game, and he even went in after McDermott created the mess. The guy was class. He's not a franchise QB, but he's a good guy, and the way that poster casts Tyrod is moronic. 

16 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I was no different with Taylor than I was with JP, EJ, Fitz, Edwards and even Orton. I knew very early that we had no chance of winning a Super Bowl with any of those QB's and I wanted them all gone. Taylor was just so frustrating because he had the QBR numbers that people would blindly use to justify him being a good QB. 

And nobody did that with the other QB's? Fitz and Edwards were touted as early season MVP contender for a season each, and some of you clowns loved Orton. EJ was held onto as the future for 3 or 4 years. 

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

it's almost like some here have never seen an all-22 film of receivers running wide open, repeatedly.

the blind leading the blind???

I like how this has been the new convenient thing to do...

Where you watching your all 22 film at bra?

You paying for it?

13 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I'm not going to go back and forth with you here. I will just correct something you wrote that is wrong, and be done.

It was a featured article in The Buffalo News. It wasn't a short brief comment.

It was in August... and nothing he said was wrong... I'd love to go back and forth with you on it

This is a great letter. The fact that it sums up the last three years shows exactly the issue. Tyrod’s game never evolved from his first game to his last. We may never know exactly why Tyrod played the same type of game for three years. The reasons can range from coaching changes, players lost,  to Tyrod not being able to develope. It was a time for a change for Tyrod, Buffalo, and Cleveland. 

19 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Browns will draft a top rookie QB so I don't really see this message from Sal as relevant. We had Taylor and nobody else at the position. Browns will have Taylor and a future franchise QB. That makes things look a lot greener. The moment Taylor's shine starts to where off they just put the rookie or second year QB in. But it very well may take a while for that shine to wear off because we are talking about the Browns here. The only team more starved for a franchise QB than we are. We held onto guys like Fitz and Taylor for too long because we loved their flashes of greatness and overall average QB play. Assuming Taylor plays like he did over the three years he was here with us. Browns fans will love Taylor at least for year one.

Yeah, they might easily really love him in Year One. Which is why I give it till Week 8 before we see the first big wave of "Why doesn't this idiot OC change the playbook to take advantage of Tyrod's strengths" criticism.

I honestly hope I'm wrong and that it works out well for all involved, but that's what I would expect.

17 hours ago, grb said:

Two points :

• I'm amazed at people still fuming over Taylor's short, brief comment about black quarterbacks - made, of course, weeks before the bizarre & moronic decision to bench him for Peterman (a situation which Taylor handled with class). As for Taylor's comments, I personally think they're correct, that black QBs do have a smaller margin for error (at least to a degree) and are on a shorter leash. But even if I decide that's wrong - or disagree with Taylor over the extent - I would still find the anger over the comments strange. The man was in Buffalo for three years and represented the city extremely well, and yet people rage over that? Huh.
  • As for Taylor never "turning the corner", really? Going from the end of '15 season, the Bills organization has dumped Hogan, dumped Goodwin, dumped Watkins, dumped Gillislee, dumped Woods, gave up on Karlos and Percy, saw their two main receivers miss well over half of '16 injured, saw their only two decent receivers play all of '17 injured, saw their o-line go from spotty to bad in pass protection, saw their o-line go from premier to so-so in the running game. That last development followed another useless scheme change, which dropped the Bills out of a league-leading running game. So Taylor never "turned the corner"? Go figure.

Here's what I know : During his Bills career, Taylor has had a pieced-together mess for receivers except the fifteen games of '15-'16 when he had Watkins and Woods on the field. That's it : Taylor, Watkins, and Woods played together just fifteen games over two years. 

When that happened, this occurred : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INT

Yes he had great numbers in those games, but again, 10 of the 15 of those games happened in the first year Tyrod played, before teams had fully figured out how to defense him. The six games from the second year, 2016, were against these teams: Indy and the Pats in weeks 1 and 2, and Pitt, Cleveland, and Miami in weeks 13 -16. And those were not exactly a bunch of great pass defenses. They were the 27th, 12th, 16th, 21st and 15th ranked in pass defense, average and below. 

More, it wasn't as if with Woods and Watkins there Tyrod was throwing to them. In those five  2016 games Woods and Watkins combined had one game over 54 yards, Sammy's very good Miami game. And two TDs between them. It was more about bad defenses than Watkins and Woods being there. Being specific, adding their stats together, Sammy and Woods managed 28 receptions, 388 yards and 2 TDs. Over five games. An average of 5.6 receptions per game, 77 yards and 0.4 TDs per game. Not for one of them. For both of them added together. That's the wildly productive catch machines that Tyrod made of Sammy and Woods in their five games together in 2016.

Those total stats you are referring to were mostly built (2/3rds of the games) during that first year.

So yeah, the receivers were overall not good. But he was throwing to excellent pass-catching backs and a guy who before he got to Buffalo and caught balls from Tyrod was considered one of the better pass-catching TEs in the league, though strangely his forte was catching balls in the intermediate and long middle and he mostly disappeared the last three years.

It's extremely fair to say that not all of this mess that was the passing game was Tyrod's fault. But a lot of it was, and that's why they wanted him gone. 

I wish him the absolute best, honestly, but I'm really happy he's gone. Now we have to replace him but I'll at least have some hope for the new guy, whoever he is.

22 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I actually think Cleveland fans will have a more positive opinion of him. They've gone 1-31 with truly awful QB play. There haven't been any bright spots so Tyrod will give them that. And they know he's just a placeholder for their franchise QB.

He will pass for 100 yards and the doggpound will throw bones at him 

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mr. Miyagi had to have one parting shot at the QB that made him look like an idiot in 2017.:lol:

Sal........the NFL is changing gramps........see what Philly did with Foles and Houston did with Watson......HISTORIC......and to a lesser historical scale but also impressively what ANTHONY LYNN did with Buffalo in 2016 in putting the best Bills offense in a quarter-century on the field........teams actually are adjusting their offenses to fit their QB strengths.

And just an awful read as well.........NOBODY cares about your first two paragraphs.............and the hypothetical "Tyrod loses the game in the 4th quarter" scenario is mostly fiction since those situations rarely happened.  

But yeah, the All-22 stuff being analyzed by dummies was a divisive factor........but what you are missing in BOTH of these cases is perspective.

What do other QB's All-22's look like?   Do statistics show that good QB's are always bringing their teams back from deficits against equally matched or better opponents?

I'll help you........other effective QB's miss wide open receivers and NO.....good QB's aren't regularly marching their teams back from 4th quarter deficits.

Are Matt Ryan and Alex Smith garbage because they threw brutal-looking, game-ending interceptions on their final drives in games against much less talented the Bills teams this year?   

Tom Brady was moving the ball up and down the field at will in the SB but couldn't get his last 2 drives past midfield at the end........I guess he's done (or maybe the other team had something to do with that?).

Go to school this offseason Sal.........your performance was garbage this year.......re-watch what Houston and Philly did.......even LA Rams where the HC was calling plays for his QB at the LOS......and maybe even actually watch some college football........then perhaps you will be able to get a better perspective on the NFL landscape.:thumbsup:

17-37 130 yards = he really really sucks 

20 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Kinda reminds me how foxnews still has a Hillary article every other day.  

stop making sense dude.  these mental baskets will gang up on you like facebook trolls. 

Tyrod deserves better than Buffalo fans.  May he find some peace in CLE. 

Bills fans deserve more than 3 points from a scrub qb.  

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So much of this post is just wrong on so many levels. You're simple. I'm convinced of it. 

And you're taking Tyrod quotes out of context from August... Weird you'd be the one to talk about present and future. Nothing that you've said has to do with on field performance. 

BadLands has solidified himself as a grade A, old ass idiot with his posts. You wasted your time, he'll never respect the point and keep bringing up irrelevant points. Those Tyrod quotes were way before the LA game, and he even went in after McDermott created the mess. The guy was class. He's not a franchise QB, but he's a good guy, and the way that poster casts Tyrod is moronic. 

Badlands is awesome.     Tyrod apologists who attack others because they have low standards or brains full of excuses are not so awesome.  

2799 yards 14 tds.     You guys should pay better attention, Tyrod was awful. 

We passed for more yards than ONE other team.  

Thats is a big fail, don’t @ me.     My excuse book is full.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Someone has a crush on me! :wub:

It's usually always been girls before.

But it has been so long since it happened, I'll take it! What kind of candy do you like?:)

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think most of the Tyrod fighting was rooted in  people wanting to defend their predictions that Tyrod would turn the corner. So when he didn't play up to them they had to turn to explanations why they were still right. And I think Tyrod saying it was because he is black didn't help.

Oh well we are on a new chapter and I wish the Browns good luck!

I wonder if he will play that card again in Cleveland?

Tyrod will be a good fit for Cleveland.  He provides stability at the position and doesn't turn the ball over, by all accounts he's a good clubhouse guy, and his elusiveness can help mask line issues. His limitations would prevent us to get to the next level... but for a team that has won only one game in the last last two seasons, he makes perfect sense as a bridge while they develop a rookie this year.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

He basically described the last 2 years on TBD in a few hundred words.

He did more in a few hundred words then the hundreds of threads devoted to Tyrod lol