DT Danny Shelton & 5th to the Cheats for a '19 3rd

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 6s7 seconds ago

The #Patriots are completing a trade for massive former #Browns 1st round pick DT Danny Shelton, sources say. He’ll be a ... big help.

Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates

The Browns are trading DT Danny Shelton to the Patriots for a conditional pick, league sources tell @AdamSchefter and me.

Edited by Reed83HOF

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The #Patriots are completing a trade for massive former #Browns 1st round pick DT Danny Shelton, sources say. He’ll be a ... big help.

The Browns are trading DT Danny Shelton to the Patriots for a conditional pick, league sources tell @AdamSchefter and me.

Thread title has the 5th coming to CLE when they are actually sending a 2018 5th to NE.

All 10 of the Browns 1st rd picks from 2009-15 are gone now. Two are out of the league.

52 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Is Shelton even that good?

No he didn’t even play half the defensive snaps this year. He’s probably a role player in NE but it’s a better fit than Gregggg’s D. He was just not a match for that.

44 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

From what I understand (don't watch a ton of Cleveland games) he's pretty good against the run. Eats up a lot of blockers. Won't wow ya on the stat sheet but is a decent player, though as many stated disappointed because of his draft slot.

He’s a 2 down guy. 2 gapper.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Notice how every move New England makes is good?

Why is that folks?

QUARTERBACK

For those still hoping the Bills go on the retread or cheap for QB, take notice.

Go ALL IN and get the top QB in this class and go for it.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not sure why the Browns didn't just stick it out with him.

He wasn’t the right fit for the aggressive D that Greggg runs. They have been trying to trade him for a year. He was available last draft too. His 5th yr option is coming up in May and they wouldn’t be picking that up. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wasn’t the right fit for the aggressive D that Greggg runs. They have been trying to trade him for a year. He was available last draft too. His 5th yr option is coming up in May and they wouldn’t be picking that up. 

I understand that but he was still good against the run, I guess the 3rd was better than nothing.

4 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Notice how every move New England makes is good?

Why is that folks?

QUARTERBACK

For those still hoping the Bills go on the retread or cheap for QB, take notice.

Go ALL IN and get the top QB in this class and go for it.

Yep, that QB the Pats got for a mere 6th round pick sure does make life a lot easier. If wishes were fishes....