So... Is A.J. McCarron Back in play?

#34fan

27 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

My hope is a QB in round 1, McCarron or Bridgewater for a veteran presence.

Those tow choices would be mystifying.  

MacCarron is an absolute nothing and Bridgewater, as has been pointed out by many, is such a low wattage player that his ceiling is the garden level.  Maybe parlor level.

There could not be 2 less impressive FA QBs available.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If the choice is between Bradford, McCarron, Bridgewater or Keenum i'd take Keenum. Reason being is i followed him while he played at Houston & dude lit it up in college & seems to have grown in confidence as the years have gone by. He just seems to me to have the least risk associated with him. No real injury concerns & is a good character guy... shouldnt break the bank either.

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

He can see over the Oline for starters,

So can Brock osweiler. Good effort though

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Fair enough.

But... It's not like AJ was throwing it to himself

He just happened to get open at will and make amazing catches. I'd like to see mccaron zero in on deonte Thompson all game

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

screw Brock Osweiler... no way is he being thought of coming here. Over the past 3 years he has regressed. At least with keenum his play has gotten better. True you can make the argument that he had a good supporting cast, but you still cant take away from the fact that he's been maturing as a qb. Just look at his stats: 

Screenshot_2.png

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

So can Brock osweiler. Good effort though

You can be to short or to tall in my humble opinion.

I believe big Brock has a hard time with both over throwing, trying to adjust, and under throwing. 

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

screw Brock Osweiler... no way is he being thought of coming here. Over the past 3 years he has regressed. At least with keenum his play has gotten better. True you can make the argument that he had a good supporting cast, but you still cant take away from the fact that he's been maturing as a qb. Just look at his stats: 

Screenshot_2.png

?If you're responding to me that's exactly my point lol. Aj mccaron is tall? Cool hill of beans

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

I was joking ( I thought it was funny)

Lol i'm short myself. The drew Brees, Russel wilsons, and Isiah Thomas's of the world are my inspiration

And the media blasts Isaiah for being short

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Big Taylor fan,

and had hoped to add him to your list,

I'm a softie for Taylor

I'm just trying to say i see nothing in an mccaron i haven't seen in half the backup QBs in the league

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm a softie for Taylor

I'm just trying to say i see nothing in an mccaron i haven't seen in half the backup QBs in the league

I understand,

being a bama fan I may have watched McCarron more then some, and I really like the kid, but I'm just another opinion,

and something I've learned to take less seriously over the years,

Lord knows I've been wrong before...

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

He's certainly an option.  The problem with McCarron is that he lacks a significant body of work if you're signing him to be a starter.  Guys like Keenum and Bridgewater have played more as pros, so the Bills might be more comfortable with one of them.  Or, they could go the route of a true bridge QB, a guy who is only going to start until a young QB on the roster can get his game up to speed for the NFL, someone like Josh McCown or Derek Anderson.

McCarron was the starting QB of the National Champions. I think there is plenty of body of work there for Coaches to evaluate.  I would definitely take a flyer on him rather than Keenum who may be a one-year wonder and Bridgewater who may never recover from the gruesome injury.   And please NO to Derek Anderson.  He is a washed up backup QB who has no ability to be a starting QB, even if he is a bridge QB.

1 hour ago, PIP said:

I just find it so hard to believe that they traded away TT without a sure thing. They know something we don't.

And they are comfortable in that there is more QBs available via FA and the star studded Draft this year than any previous years and they feel any one of them will be better than TT.  

FA QBs that need a job are : Keenum, Bridgewater,  Bradford, Cousins, Glennon, McCarron 

Draft -  Sam, the two Josh's,  Baker, and on 

Possible via Trade -  Foles 

And whatever happened to the whole thing about Green Bay having to make Aaron Rodgers a FA!!!!

The market is flooded indeed...even if there are many QB needy teams indeed.