So... Is A.J. McCarron Back in play?

#34fan

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

"Even with the Browns off the market, McCarron should still have plenty of options as teams like Denver, Arizona, the New York Jets and Minnesota all figure to have quarterback needs and money to spend."

Or, you know, Buffalo.....the team that just freed up over $10M in cap space and currently have NO starting QB.

• Like (+1) 1

He's certainly an option.  The problem with McCarron is that he lacks a significant body of work if you're signing him to be a starter.  Guys like Keenum and Bridgewater have played more as pros, so the Bills might be more comfortable with one of them.  Or, they could go the route of a true bridge QB, a guy who is only going to start until a young QB on the roster can get his game up to speed for the NFL, someone like Josh McCown or Derek Anderson.

On the surface it appears that one of the veteran free agent QB's is going to be without a long term commitment(my guess Teddy B)...........but if teams like Miami, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cinci or NE get in on Mayfield, Allen and Jackson then the truly needy teams could be scrambling.    

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

My hope is a QB in round 1, McCarron or Bridgewater for a veteran presence.

I would also add Bradford or Keenum to the list for a vet presence to groom a rookie QB we hopefully take in round 1. 

4 minutes ago, LangleyBillsFan said:

I would also add Bradford or Keenum to the list for a vet presence to groom a rookie QB we hopefully take in round 1. 

I don't know if Bradford could last 8 games in a flag football league at this point. I'm a little suspect of Keenum as well. He had an amazing talented group around him and seems like  a one-year wonder. I also think he'll be looking for a lot more money than  Bridgewater would cost. But you're right, both of them should be in play.