Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Starting to see some chatter on Twitter about the Bills and Cousins.  Probably just speculation, but why not?  Cousins plus having all those picks would be sweet.

Ya know... this might make some sense now.

Remember, one of his biggest problems in Washington supposedly was that he sat behind a QB the team committed to and "built around," but he never saw that same commitment.

The Bills could potentially go up to him and say, "look, we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft and 10 picks in the first 5 rounds, we're going to surround you with young talent for YEARS!!!"

I could actually now see us getting into the Cousins sweepstakes.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ya know... this might make some sense now.

Remember, one of his biggest problems in Washington supposedly was that he sat behind a QB the team committed to and "built around," but he never saw that same commitment.

The Bills could potentially go up to him and say, "look, we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft and 10 picks in the first 5 rounds, we're going to surround you with young talent for YEARS!!!"

I could actually now see us getting into the Cousins sweepstakes.

I'm telling you.  These guys (Beane, McDermott, front office) are highly intelligent football guys.  They have a plan, and they know exactly what they are doing.  I'm getting on the Cousins bandwagon.  They get their QB, plus get to do what they do best....acquire talent in the draft.

15 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’d be pissed off too if we gave up nearly a 2nd round pick for Tyrod Taylor...:lol:

Feels good to finally make a trade where it seems we got the better value.

Jerry Hughes says hi.

1 hour ago, flomoe said:

I’m guessing the Browns need to get to the cap floor again, just like last year. I’m sure they don’t really want or need Tyrod, nobody does, but they need the cap space eaten up.

Reason why there were other teams interested like Denver and Arizona as well?

They could have signed a FA QB like McCarron and paid more money doing so instead of trading for Tyrod and give up a draft pick in the process. So that doesn’t appear to be salary cap move.

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who in their right mind wants to tie their future AJ McCarron for the next 4-5 years when you can get a shot at one of the top young QB's in a good QB draft to build around?

TT is a bridge that knows how to win and can win now whether the OL blocks well or not.    

And TT probably doesn't have a creepy Jesus crying tattoo on his chicken chest either.    I'm thinking AJ's woman hasn't had an O from the missionary position since he got that grotesque thing.   Ferchrissake AJ just get a necklace and a medallion

Great insight. 

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

A J could be an improvement over Taylor and you just gave up a high 3rd round pick 

I get it...

Interesting that Dorsey doesn't believe it even with Hue lobbying for a guy he helped to develop in CIN.   If AJ is such a good prospect he should have been able to challenge Andy Dalton as the Bengals' starter.  He remains AJ Meh-Carron IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

A J could be an improvement over Taylor and you just gave up a high 3rd round pick 

I get it...

Browns fans for the most part are pissed looking at their message board.  A few comments

Not drafting a QB with the first pick because we got Tyrod Taylor would be the most Browns thing ever.

I wouldn't have traded a 6th for TT. This makes my head hurt. We already have a QB that could go 17 for 37 with an interception.

Well he did get twice as many wins last season than the Browns have had in 3 years total. So he's got that going for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

A tyrod taylor-led team has no choice but to float in the land of mediocrity between 6 and 9 wins. But for the Browns that’s freaking yuuuge which is why I called this trade.

Still can’t believe we got the 1st pick in the 3rd for a guy who was getting cut.

smokescreens 4ever

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Browns fans for the most part are pissed looking at their message board.  A few comments

Not drafting a QB with the first pick because we got Tyrod Taylor would be the most Browns thing ever.

I wouldn't have traded a 6th for TT. This makes my head hurt. We already have a QB that could go 17 for 37 with an interception.

Well he did get twice as many wins last season than the Browns have had in 3 years total. So he's got that going for him.

Eh, this one is an idiot. Taylor had 4 ints to Kizer's 22 ints. There are a few voices of reason clarifying this on the board I looked at.