Jeremiah: Possible Trade Scenario

KDIGGZ

What do you think?

j3ZuDA2G_bigger.jpgDaniel JeremiahVerified account @MoveTheSticks
FollowFollow @MoveTheSticks
More

Interesting scenario -- NYG Trade back 2 spots (CLE comes back up for Barkely/QB) then BUF trades up to 4th pick for QB. CLE gets Barkley/QB, BUF gets their QB and NYG get massive amount of picks in 2018 & 2019. Thoughts?

Also...

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS** Bills still in talks with teams in top 10 #NFLDraft trying to move up. Foles talks could start up at anytime again (Teddy Bridgewater another name to keep eyes on) WR's Marqise Lee/Taylor Gabriel could be on radar.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think it makes no sense for the browns, unless they are dying for a specific QB, they have their choice of Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, or Rosen at #4 if they take Barkley at #1

I know it's a stretch, but CLE has tons of draft capital. It's not crazy that they may have a strong QB preference: many on this board do and think the Bills do as well. If they take Barkley first and NYG and IND are both willing to trade back ( they are) the Browns could be left with their 3rd ranked QB at 4. They've got plenty of picks and could easily get Barkley AND their # 1 QB choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I know it's a stretch, but CLE has tons of draft capital. It's not crazy that they may have a strong QB preference: many on this board do and think the Bills do as well. If they take Barkley first and NYG and IND are both willing to trade back ( they are) the Browns could be left with their 3rd ranked QB at 4. They've got plenty of picks and could easily get Barkley AND their # 1 QB choice. 

I don't disagree

I think it comes down to how much the browns value one or two QBs over the others, you know?

Scenario #1:

Hypothetical, say they love Darnold, and view him as massively above Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen.

In that scenario, I could see them doing the trade above.

Scenario #2:

Say they value Darnold, Rosen equally, and have Mayfield just a little behind them.

In that case, it might not be worth it for them to do the trade above.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Or the Browns have all the QB's rated close so they can take RB at 1 and they can wait for the pick of the litter at 4.

There is still the possibility that Hue Jackson is "blown away" by McCarron.

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

What do you think?

More

Interesting scenario -- NYG Trade back 2 spots (CLE comes back up for Barkely/QB) then BUF trades up to 4th pick for QB. CLE gets Barkley/QB, BUF gets their QB and NYG get massive amount of picks in 2018 & 2019. Thoughts?

Also...

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS** Bills still in talks with teams in top 10 #NFLDraft trying to move up. Foles talks could start up at anytime again (Teddy Bridgewater another name to keep eyes on) WR's Marqise Lee/Taylor Gabriel could be on radar.

I love this idea. Please somehow draft Josh Rosen! That’s the guy I want. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Or the Browns have all the QB's rated close so they can take RB at 1 and they can wait for the pick of the litter at 4.

This is possible. All these QB have their flaws. We just don't know how teams feel about them. It wouldn't be surprising if there were disparities from team to team, and that some teams have quite a bit of separation between their top two and everyone else. It's funny how many on this board think the Bills must move up to no less than pick 2 or 3 to get a QB but that the Browns are probably fine with taking whatever falls to them at 4. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

What are you prepared to give up?  I'm pretty sure your worse case scenario is a pick or two short. 

It will be very expensive. 

Was thinking #21 #21 this year, next years 2 round pick and Cordy Glenn. I’m not sure that’s even enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

It will be very expensive. 

Was thinking #21 #21 this year, next years 2 round pick and Cordy Glenn. I’m not sure that’s even enough. 

I think you're right.  Probably not enough.  And if so, I'm very wary mortgaging so much for a QB with a lot of questions.  Good players, but no Peyton Manning. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is possible. All these QB has their flaws. We just don't know how teams feel about them. It wouldn't be surprising if there were disparities from team to team, and that some teams have quite a bit of separation between their top two and everyone else. It's funny how many on this board think the Bills must move up to no less than pick 2 or 3 to get a QB but that the Browns are probably fine with taking whatever falls to them at 4. 

When you have to hope that the other guy will do something stupid or at least not serve his own interest then your idea does not have a whole lot of validity.  If Cleveland has a QB they feel strongly about and the Giants are open to a trade then the Browns will move up so as not to lose him.  Also, people have to stop at looking at all 1st round picks being equal as though the Bills own 1st is equal to the Dolphins, Raiders, etc.  If Miami starts gathering serious capital for a trade then we are in a position where we have to throw a wheelbarrow full of picks (three 1st's, three 2nd's for starters) to have a chance.  I do not want to give up that much capital for one player QB or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL would be surprised if McBeane wheels and deals UPWARD, but who the hell knows.....

QB aside, it's not an especially 'deep' draft generally, from what one or two people who know better than I, have been saying. Makes trading up a more likely scenario than it would ordinarily. Not so much point accumulating a bunch of lower round picks, if they aren't going to be used on anyone decent, due to a talent drop off.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

When you have to hope that the other guy will do something stupid or at least not serve his own interest then your idea does not have a whole lot of validity.  If Cleveland has a QB they feel strongly about and the Giants are open to a trade then the Browns will move up so as not to lose him.  Also, people have to stop at looking at all 1st round picks being equal as though the Bills own 1st is equal to the Dolphins, Raiders, etc.  If Miami starts gathering serious capital for a trade then we are in a position where we have to throw a wheelbarrow full of picks (three 1st's, three 2nd's for starters) to have a chance.  I do not want to give up that much capital for one player QB or otherwise.

I'll assume you're agreeing with my posts? I think the Browns will move up to two, as my posts indicate. It's possible they sit and wait, but I think it's more likely they will set themselves up to get the players they want. Barkley AND their top rated QB. 

8 minutes ago, Buddo said:

QB aside, it's not an especially 'deep' draft generally, from what one or two people who know better than I, have been saying. Makes trading up a more likely scenario than it would ordinarily. Not so much point accumulating a bunch of lower round picks, if they aren't going to be used on anyone decent, due to a talent drop off.

...good assessment.....my unsubstantiated hunch is that McBeane will covet the two 1sts and two 2nds, selecting versus moving....again a guess......sure he talked "franchise QB" but what is HIS definition?......what if he goes OL/DL or DL/OL depending on HIS preference with the 1sts and looks to the 2nd for what he deems is HIS franchise QB?.....that tier could include Rudolph and certainly Falk, Lauletta, White, etc......regardless, fasten your seatbelt for a whole bunch of upset TBD posters no matter what he does.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

this is what I'd do. Guarantee you land Barkley and you're bound to have a top 3 qb available @ 4.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'll assume you're agreeing with my posts? I think the Browns will move up to two, as my posts indicate. It's possible they sit and wait, but I think it's more likely they will set themselves up to get the players they want. Barkley AND their top rated QB. 

Yes, I do agree with you.  With the amount of picks Cleveland has why chance somebody falling to 4 if you have a guy graded substantially above the others?  I would be worried about the quality of these QB's if other teams were kind of "meh" about moving up themselves.  It's either one of more of these guys are really good and teams will offer vast riches to move up to get them or these guys are seen as being flawed and if a top 5 team bites on a small trade package then fine otherwise they wait for these prospects to fall and acquire them for far less capital.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

What do you think?

More

Also...

i am not going to subscribe to this....even though it could happen. trading tyrod does not in any way tip beane's hand draft wise.

the fact that we just made a deal with cleveland and gained a very good pick just means the fo is stockpiling the arsenal for a no. of possible scenarios.

maybe they still sign a.j. day one. maybe that 3rd rd. pick is part of a requirement for foles.  maybe they do have a draft day trade already in the works. maybe they will stay at 21 and roll with the picks. they are playing a very sharp game right now.

best off season entertainment ever.