Golic and Wingo - How Do You Like the Show, So Far?

Gugny

I was a late "Mike and Mike," bloomer.  Didn't start listening until a few years ago, when I started having a significant morning commute for work.

I liked "Mike and Mike," quite a bit.  I've always liked Golic, but it took me a bit to develop a taste for Greenberg.  But, eventually, I ended up liking him a lot, as well.

Fast forward to today and the current "Golic and Wingo" show.  I've always liked Trey Wingo.  Always thought he was funny and well-spoken. 

I am having a difficult time enjoying this show even half as much as "Mike and Mike," and it's solely because of the difference between Greenberg and Wingo.  Wingo puts me to sleep.  I think he tries to be funny far too often and it falls flat more than half of the time.  Serious downgrade.

It's kind of like Kramer on Seinfeld.  On Seinfeld, the appearances he made were gold.  On his own ... it's just too much and gets old.  That's how I see Wingo.

What say you?

Stopped listening a couple weeks ago. Too many forced yucks, turrible interviews (Greenie was a good interviewer), crappy theme music. Plus  I cannot see hear Wingo without wanting to punch him in the face.

I’ll add that Dari Noka (sorry about butchering his name) would have been a much better choice.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Radio or TV?

Mike Greenberg’s much-anticipated ESPN weekday morning show, “Get Up,” has an official start date.

Featuring the former “Mike & Mike” cohost along with Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose, “Get Up” is set to debut April 2 from a newly built studio at New York’s South Street Seaport, ESPN announced Friday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-spt-espn-mike-greenberg-new-show-20180112-story.html

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I must have liked Greenie more than I thought. I don't really listen since he left. Golic Jr. isnt good on the radio imo. He seems like a nice guy, but i just dont enjoy listening to him.

I like Golic Jr.

The one I really like, who I think has great chemistry with Golic (Sr.), is Adnan Virk.  He is WAY better than Wingo and would have been a great permanent replacement, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

It ain’t what it used to be, but I still find it to be the best option in that time slot. Am I missing something? I agree about all the forced yucks, and now that you say it, I think I do prefer it with Adnan. I tend to like Wingo, but it’s something about the chemistry. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

It ain’t what it used to be, but I still find it to be the best option in that time slot. Am I missing something? I agree about all the forced yucks, and now that you say it, I think I do prefer it with Adnan. I tend to like Wingo, but it’s something about the chemistry. 

I honestly don't like his voice for radio.  I thought I was going to like it (the show) a lot more than I do, but I don't hate it.  I can't put my finger on it.  It's all very new, so perhaps they just need time. 

If you want zero controversy about everything and really bad interviews, then this is the place to tune in.

Wingo seems like the ultimate toe the line corporate shill.  The show is like plain oatmeal.

It's watchable/ tolerable to listen to on the radio but I definitely think it's a couple steps backwards from the Mike and Mike show which is what I was expecting going into the change.  I find myself not tuning into it as often as I did the Mike and Mike show but I still tune in somewhat frequently in the mornings.  I don't think it's unbearable like some people make it out to be.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's watchable/ tolerable to listen to on the radio but I definitely think it's a couple steps backwards from the Mike and Mike show which is what I was expecting going into the change.  I find myself not tuning into it as often as I did the Mike and Mike show but I still tune in somewhat frequently in the mornings.  I don't think it's unbearable like some people make it out to be.  

Agree ok   not as good as it was 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, Gugny said:

I like Golic Jr.

The one I really like, who I think has great chemistry with Golic (Sr.), is Adnan Virk.  He is WAY better than Wingo and would have been a great permanent replacement, IMO.

Adnan is great and versatile. If you like movies find his podcast.

But I don’t listen to espn at all anymore. 

Records or podcasts 6-9, Dan Patrick and then Jim Rome.

Neither show has ever really been any good.  M&M got top notch guests and when they were on, they carried the show.  

It's typical schlock radio.   They try to create controversy where pretty much nothing exists.  If they aren't interviewing someone, it's a total waste of time.  ESPN is terrible across every facet of content they provide.