Talib to Rams

In the short term, it'll be great. Talib/Peters duo in a Wade Philips defense should be scary.

In the long term, I can't help but dislike all the draft picks Snead is sending away. At some point, even when your roster is as talented as theirs, you've got to keep some picks and draft depth. Also, trading for a bunch of talented PLAYERS does not guarantee you a good TEAM. The recent "Dream Team Eagles" showed us that. I mean, if a team is trading away a player, there must be a reason why.

Snead reminds me of Whaley.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

In the short term, it'll be great. Talib/Peters duo in a Wade Philips defense should be scary.

In the long term, I can't help but dislike all the draft picks Snead is sending away. At some point, even when your roster is as talented as theirs, you've got to keep some picks and draft depth. Also, trading for a bunch of talented PLAYERS does not guarantee you a good TEAM. The recent "Dream Team Eagles" showed us that. I mean, if a team is trading away a player, there must be a reason why.

Well, he did trade a couple guys for picks to offset some things. Only a 5th for Talib. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Eagles showed us trading for a bunch of talented players doesn't guarantee you a good team?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

A title makes you forget those things

The odds of winning one even with a stacked team are slim.  A lot can happen over the course of a year that can even derail a stacked team.  I think a team needs a good balance between win now mode and plan for the future.

2 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

The odds of winning one even with a stacked team are slim.  A lot can happen over the course of a year that can even derail a stacked team.  I think a team needs a good balance between win now mode and plan for the future.

They have a window while a few of those guys are on cheap deals. Obviously not a guarantee but I respect the guts going for it.