Adam Schein's Nine Riskiest Free Agents

SCHEIN NINE
The three Vikings quarterbacks set to hit the open market headline Adam Schein's list of the nine riskiest free agents of the 2018 offseason. Here's why teams should approach the Vikes QBs with caution.

1) Sam Bradford, QB

2) Tyler Eifert, TE

3) Sheldon Richardson, DT

4) Doug Martin, RB

5) Case Keenum, QB

6) Teddy Bridgewater, QB

7) Dominique Easley, DT

8) Jordan Matthews, WR

9) Muhammad Wilkerson, DE

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..interesting....most are injury or character related issues with the exception of Keenum.....but if he makes the list as a potential "one hit wonder", shouldn't McCarron be on the list due to his extensive (COUGH) body of work?.....

Good point.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'd put Sammy Watkins over Jordan Matthews. I don't think any team will pay Matthews #1 WR money but some team will vastly over pay for Watkins thinking he's a #1 and maybe he'll turn out to be but right now he's been a huge disappointment as the #4 overall pick.

Can't say I agree with this....when the guy is healthy - ya I know - when he is healthy he is a #1 easy.....he attracts attention for a reason - not saying he is Randy Moss or Andre Reed or Jame Lofton or anything  = but he gets his yards and he gets respect......not from us but from his peers - seriously - who matters more?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was just happy to see that neither Ivory or Davis were listed there! Phew!

I think part of the risk issue is connected to the size contract those players are expected to get.  I doubt Ivory's contract is big enough to suggest he's a significant risk.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I think part of the risk issue is connected to the size contract those players are expected to get.  I doubt Ivory's contract is big enough to suggest he's a significant risk.

I'm not sure the guy who wrote the list understands that either.  maybe he should have titled it players with the most upside or something.  I don't think many of those players will actually get a contract that could do much damage to the teams ability to be competitive in the future except for maybe Case Keenum.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Can't say I agree with this....when the guy is healthy - ya I know - when he is healthy he is a #1 easy.....he attracts attention for a reason - not saying he is Randy Moss or Andre Reed or Jame Lofton or anything  = but he gets his yards and he gets respect......not from us but from his peers - seriously - who matters more?

He was healthy last season and he was just a good player, I don't think he'll ever be elite unless he goes to NE, the Packers or Pittsburgh imo. The tools are all there, not sure whats wrong with him, maybe he's too much of a diva? Not sure but something seems off because he has the hands, speed etc.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

But he's never healthy. Sammy's been consistently a guy whose going to catch 50 or so balls and have 6 or 7 TDs. He's not reliable to be a #1. 

He's therefore pretty scary to me based on the bucks he wants.

I'd give him 7-8 million per year. 

I'm really curious about Matthews. I can't see any reason he'd get money anywhere near Woods money, but seeing as what Goodwin just fleeced the 9ers for, who knows.

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

He was healthy last year and didn't get his yards. He was largely a decoy while "less talented" guys got more targets and better production.

People like to say he drew coverage to him, but big deal. That's what a #1 WR needs to do, and he STILL needs to produce.

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So tempting to go after Bradford with hope he survives one year 

I'd sign him especially because doubt he's going to command a big salary because of his missing most of last season. Of course I also think we should trade up acquire Rosen as well. 

Edited by The Jokeman

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So tempting to go after Bradford with hope he survives one year 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd sign him especially because doubt he's going to command a big salary because of his missing most of last season. Of course I also think we should trade up acquire Rosen as well. 

If only he could stay healthy: Mike Zimmer won't commit to Keenum, says Bradford has 'degenerative' knee