Baker Mayfield hits all targets except the Bills sign

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’d say his accuracy is pretty good. But he looks to be the same height as L.T....

Stop with the height bs.

He's taller than both Brees and Russell Wilson.

Who gives a sh*t if??

If he's gonna suck, his height isn't the problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Stop with the height bs.

He's taller than both Brees and Russell Wilson.

Who gives a sh*t if??

If he's gonna suck, his height isn't the problem.

A lot of people give a **** and you have absolutely no way of telling if “  he’s gonna suck his height isn’t going to be the problem”. You seem angry, do you want to talk about it?

5 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is funny I Just saw this on face book. 6 targets lined up for him to hit. He Hits all the targets except the bills sign. I was hoping we draft him. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.  

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/10156180008081263/

he's the only one in this class of QBs that has the fire.  The rest just seem to be automatons, which isn't enough.  I'm hoping against hope the Bills find a way to grab him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

A lot of people give a **** and you have absolutely no way of telling if “  he’s gonna suck his height isn’t going to be the problem”. You seem angry, do you want to talk about it?

I'm not angry.

I'm tired of hearing the height rhetoric regurgitated.

16 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If he is an exceptional QB, height won't matter, but it will take more effort to overcome.

I don't disagree, but I was referring to people wanting to pass on him solely because he is 6'1".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm not angry.

I'm tired of hearing the height rhetoric regurgitated.

If it wasn’t a concern, it wouldn’t keep being regurgitated. And for the record, Mayfield is my top choice out of all the prospects coming out

As we get closer and closer to the draft I have no doubt there will be more talk about Baker in the top five.  With both Parcells and Savage consulting the Browns on quarterbacks I think he will be the target for them at #4, and if the Bills want him they better move up to #2 or #3.  The kid is the alpha of this years class.  Rosen may be the most polished passer, but give my Mayfield everyday of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

As we get closer and closer to the draft I have no doubt there will be more talk about Baker in the top five.  With both Parcells and Savage consulting the Browns on quarterbacks I think he will be the target for them at #4, and if the Bills want him they better move up to #2 or #3.  The kid is the alpha of this years class.  Rosen may be the most polished passer, but give my Mayfield everyday of the week.

I would be surprised if he goes top 5. He needs the right scheme and coach imo. With that i think he can be successful. But he’s kind of Case Keenum with a better arm. Rosen and Darnold aren’t really scheme specific, widening the teams that will take them that high.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be surprised if he goes top 5. He needs the right scheme and coach imo. With that i think he can be successful. But he’s kind of Case Keenum with a better arm. Rosen and Darnold aren’t really scheme specific, widening the teams that will take them that high.

I have to be honest.  I've never liked this argument, because its a prediction, you honestly cant know.  What I mean by this is those players have only played in one offense in college.  Rosen and Darnold may have taken more snaps under center, however NFL offenses have moved away from that strictly pro style offense anyways.  We will see what happens, and I respect your opinion, but to me Mayfield is the best quarterback in the draft.

From a purely statistical and size stand point I can see the Keenum comparison, but Mayfield had a much higher win percentage.  And not for nothing I would have taken Keenum this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have to be honest.  I've never liked this argument, because its a prediction, you honestly cant know.  What I mean by this is those players have only played in one offense in college.  Rosen and Darnold may have taken more snaps under center, however NFL offenses have moved away from that strictly pro style offense anyways.  We will see what happens, and I respect your opinion, but to me Mayfield is the best quarterback in the draft.

From a purely statistical and size stand point I can see the Keenum comparison, but Mayfield had a much higher win percentage.  And not for nothing I would have taken Keenum this year.

He’s scheme specific due to his height, not because of OU. He needs a certain type of offense. So does Brees. And Russ Wilson. It’s not a negative, it just limits him to a degree as far which team is ready for him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1