New McShay mock mayfield & Rosen fall outside top 10

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

They're all busts waiting to happen, that's the problem. There is no undisputed alpha QB of the class, there are holes in every single one of their games.

I agree with this.  It's a lot like last year; there are a handful of first round guys, but no consensus top pick.  Some guys will fall, and the ones who do might turn out to be the best of the bunch.  IMO, not a good year pay a huge ransom to move up into the top 5, but it might be a good year to move into the top 15.    

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, I do not have Jackson ahead of Darnold. I have Darnold 3 behind Mayfield and Rosen.

This is what I am responding too. They are risky to you because they couldn’t complete 60% of their passes. When you adjust for drops though, Jackson’s completion percentage is better than Darnold’s. It would seem to me that if you are concerned about Jackson’s completion percentage you must be concerned with Darnold’s? 

Why were the balls dropped? Miscommunication? Ball placement? The receiver wasn't in the right place? Jackson's timing? Jackson's accuracy?

Did you watch every drop and study each play or are you going off of a statistical nerd's psychobabble?

Bottom line is, when Jackson throws the ball it just looks weird, Darnold looks way more natural.

48 minutes ago, billspro said:

It would be great if Rosen had a big fall on draft day. Patience would pay off huge for us in that case. 

That only works if someone else doesn’t trade up to get him first.

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

They're all busts waiting to happen, that's the problem. There is no undisputed alpha QB of the class, there are holes in every single one of their games.

The game plan to beat Jackson is the same as it is to beat Tyrod, nothing changes.

Operating from a perspective of fear because every QB could bust is not a strategy.  It is a guarantee you'll fail though.

I'm not keen on Jackson because athlete QBs rarely translate their college play to the NFL. That said, I don't see Jackson as a carbon copy of TT. That's simply a conflation

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

My first option is Sam Darnold, he's the only QB I'd give up draft picks for, I don't like Rosen. Mayfield and Allen are risky, Lamar Jackson I'm not interested in.

Yup, I have felt this way from day 1. I freaking love the way Darnold throws that ball.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Why were the balls dropped? Miscommunication? Ball placement? The receiver wasn't in the right place? Jackson's timing? Jackson's accuracy?

Did you watch every drop and study each play or are you going off of a statistical nerd's psychobabble?

Bottom line is, when Jackson throws the ball it just looks weird, Darnold looks way more natural.

I am using the advanced stats. The reason those things exist is to provide context and more information. More information leads to the truth. I am not sure why you think that less information is painting a more accurate picture? When adjusting for drops, Jackson had a better completion percentage than Darnold. If you are concerned with Jackson’s completion percentage one can deduce that you would be concerned with the guy that was worse. 

If you think that Jackson’s weapons were anywhere near as good as Darnold’s you didn’t see them. 

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I just watched ESPN first take McShay has Rosen going 15 and Mayfield going 11and falling outside the top 10. McShay  said there are lots of red flags with Rosen and  lots of teams do not want anything to do with him.  Only QB's in top 10 on his board are Darnold number 1 to Browns and Allen going number 7. Take it for what it's worth. 

McShay also said Blaine Gabbert was a franchise QB can’t miss prospect.

He doesn’t know his butt from a hole in the ground.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's drunk if he thinks Rosen doesn't go top 10

Why? Because you think so?

It’s extremely possible that a guy who is a statue in the pocket, has injury history, has poor pocket awareness and potential attitude issues drops out of the top 10.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am using the advanced stats. The reason those things exist is to provide context and more information. More information leads to the truth. I am not sure why you think that less information is painting a more accurate picture? When adjusting for drops, Jackson had a better completion percentage than Darnold. If you are concerned with Jackson’s completion percentage one can deduce that you would be concerned with the guy that was worse. 

If you think that Jackson’s weapons were anywhere near as good as Darnold’s you didn’t see them. 

No, no, no. Enough of your dishonesty, I'm not going off of 'what ifs', fact is Darnold completed 64.9%, Jackson completed 57%.

No bull **** what if garbage.

57 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's drunk if he thinks Rosen doesn't go top 10

No it's just Bills fans have overrated the top 6 QB in this draft. None are that #1 franchise QB. None are Luck or Wentz. Rosen at best is Matt Ryan and at worst Rob Johnson. The Best in the Group is Mayfield but he's short and cocky so to some it's a turnoff.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Operating from a perspective of fear because every QB could bust is not a strategy.  It is a guarantee you'll fail though.

I'm not keen on Jackson because athlete QBs rarely translate their college play to the NFL. That said, I don't see Jackson as a carbon copy of TT. That's simply a conflation

You try so hard to disagree with me yet you say pretty much the exact same thing as me! :D

No, no, no. Enough of your dishonesty, I'm not going off of 'what ifs', fact is Darnold completed 64.9%, Jackson completed 57%.

No bull **** what if garbage.

Okay, ignore the truth. You can like whoever you want. I really don’t care. It just stings your  credibility when you are concerned with completion percentage of others but not him despite having the context. The rest of us have it too.

Feel free to stick your fingers in your ears and yell “Aaahhlllllaahlll” at the top of your lungs. That doesn’t change the fact that what others are saying is true whether you want to hear it or not. 

If you said “Jackson doesn’t come across as a natural passer” I wouldn’t have even responded. Your reasoning is why I initially chimed in because it’s misguided. When adjusted for drops he was less accurate (although I think it was really close). The data is on the board somewhere. I don’t feel like searching. Ignore it if you want but I am sure that most people want to make decisions on more information not less.

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I just watched ESPN first take McShay has Rosen going 15 and Mayfield going 11and falling outside the top 10. McShay  said there are lots of red flags with Rosen and  lots of teams do not want anything to do with him.  Only QB's in top 10 on his board are Darnold number 1 to Browns and Allen going number 7. Take it for what it's worth. 

BOO YAH!

Don't believe that draft order though I do believe that it's more likely than not only 2 QB go in the top 10.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Okay, ignore the truth. You can like whoever you want. I really don’t care. It just stings your  credibility when you are concerned with completion percentage of others but not him despite having the context. The rest of us have it too.

Feel free to stick your fingers in your ears and yell “Aaahhlllllaahlll” at the top of your lungs. That doesn’t change the fact that what others are saying is true whether you want to hear it or not. 

If you said “Jackson doesn’t come across as a natural passer” I wouldn’t have even responded. Your reasoning is why I initially chimed in because it’s misguided. When adjusted for drops he was less accurate (although I think it was really close). The data is on the board somewhere. I don’t feel like searching. Ignore it if you want but I am sure that most people want to make decisions on more information not less.

If anybody is hurting their credibility it's you. You're the one saying Lamar Jackson is more accurate than Sam Darnold. That's your stance buddy, those are your words.

Keep speaking the 'truth' though and the 'facts' (lol). Bottom line is Darnold anticipates his throws better than Jackson, has a way better throwing motion than he does too.

If anybody is hurting their credibility it's you. You're the one saying Lamar Jackson is more accurate than Sam Darnold. That's your stance buddy, those are your words.

Keep speaking the 'truth' though and the 'facts' (lol). Bottom line is Darnold anticipates his throws better than Jackson, has a way better throwing motion than he does too.

I agree that Darnold is a better thrower. I have him ranked higher. You are yelling at clouds right now. 

Doubling down on something that’s wrong?!?

giphy.gif