New McShay mock mayfield & Rosen fall outside top 10

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2018-nfl-mock-draft-no-1-3_7_18?page=2

I think this Mock from Joe B. is a much better representation of what could occur. Not exactly as I see it but he has 4 QBs in top 8. I would also say that it is entirely possible 4 go in the top 6.

It's all on Cleveland but I see it this way.

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Sam Darnold

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Roquan Smith

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said and pretty much exactly how I feel. I totally discredit anyone linking the Bills to a CB in the 1st (at least this year). The team has holes everywhere except the secondary. 

Are you aware that if you adjust for drops Lamar Jackson’s completion percentage was higher than Sam Darnold’s?

I don't know if anyone else posted this link. Maybe Corner26 did on another thread. Tony Pauline was on Howard Simon's Show on WGR. He had a very positive take on Lamar and his take on the qbs were interesting. He is not a fan of Rudlolph. He was cautious with his remarks but his view on Hurst was ominous. It's a 13 minute segment. 

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/03-07-tony-pauline-draftanalystcom-howard-and-jeremy

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Seems like Rosen is going to fall. Question is, how far? 

Looking like Darnold and Allen are locks for the top 10. Mayfield next. 

....and that's why Jim Mora protected him from the media for 3 years. Seeing him drop is hardly shocking. 

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

It's all on Cleveland but I see it this way.

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Sam Darnold

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Roquan Smith

Man, I just think taking a RB at #1 is sooo dumb. No matter how phenomenal a talent.

4 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Man, I just think taking a RB at #1 is sooo dumb. No matter how phenomenal a talent.

I agree. They do have the 4th pick so thinking they'll get a QB at 4 helps in the decision. I just can't see them taking Darnold or Allen number 1. The only other player worth it is the Guard and I can't see that happening. I could see the guard going to the Giants though.

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Quenton Nelson

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Roquan Smith

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

The guy who has the biggest issue with turnovers is not as risky as the guy who spins the ball better than him and the kid with the highest 2 completion percentage seasons in the history of college football... okay dude. 

I don't mean to start an argument, but the draft is about PROJECTION, with past performance being just one factor. Darnold is TWENTY years old. He has it all - size, arm, instincts, etc. Has he made mistakes? Yes. But again, he is TWENTY years old. Moreover, he was objectively good the past two seasons. There is a reason he will go number one overall and why the Bills reportedly think he's the top qb prospect (like most other teams).  

• Like (+1) 1

McShay's mock is beyond stupid.  He does something interesting, suggesting that Denver would take Keenum.  Good job on that, but then he gets stupid.  He doesn't address at all where Cousins goes, which he clearly MUST go somewhere.  If Cousins landed in Minnesota (which he doesn't say), then what about Bradford and Bridgewater?  Maybe one stays as the backup, but clearly they're not signing both.  What about A.J. McCarron?  What about the Eagles floating out the idea that Foles is tradeable?  Then the Bills take a cornerback with one of their first round picks.  Nope.  Not going to happen.  I see the need at DT and would not suggest they'll do anything else with one of those picks.  If both Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson are there, I don't see any chance that the other pick isn't a QB, much less a DB.  Should change his name to McStupid.

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I just watched ESPN first take McShay has Rosen going 15 and Mayfield going 11and falling outside the top 10. McShay  said there are lots of red flags with Rosen and  lots of teams do not want anything to do with him.  Only QB's in top 10 on his board are Darnold number 1 to Browns and Allen going number 7. Take it for what it's worth. 

LOL McShay is an idiot. 

The draft hype is overwhelming as usual this year, although I heard a funny bit about the Browns this morning:

On the Clay Travis show one of the "experts" suggested that the Browns should take at least three QB's in this draft since they can't seem to get it right with taking just one.  So if they take three, they have a better chance of actually finding a QB that might be a starter one day!  

I could see the Browns actually doing that........

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Are you aware that if you adjust for drops Lamar Jackson’s completion percentage was higher than Sam Darnold’s?

And if Napoleon had a B-2 bomber at Waterloo...

Please let's live in reality. Lamarr's footwork is awful and he's not accurate. If Rosen falls out of the top 10 we got to go up and grab him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

And if Napoleon had a B-2 bomber at Waterloo...

Please let's live in reality. Lamarr's footwork is awful and he's not accurate. If Rosen falls out of the top 10 we got to go up and grab him.

Do you find it odd that you are saying “let’s live in reality” while ignoring pertinent facts?

No one is saying Jackson is accurate and Darnold is not. All that was said is “if you have concerns about JACKSON’S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE” you should be concerned that if you take out the drops, that completion percentage is ahead of Darnold’s. If you aren’t concerned with his completion percentage than the entire point can be ignored. It came up SPECIFICALLY because someone said they would trade up for Darnold but Jackson and Allen were “too risky because they completed less than 60%.”  The entire conversation is about their respective completion percentages and NOTHING else.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do you find it odd that you are saying “let’s live in reality” while ignoring pertinent facts?

No one is saying Jackson is accurate and Darnold is not. All that was said is “if you have concerns about JACKSON’S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE” you should be concerned that if you take out the drops, that completion percentage is ahead of Darnold’s. If you aren’t concerned with his completion percentage than the entire point can be ignored. It came up SPECIFICALLY because someone said they would trade up for Darnold but Jackson and Allen were “too risky because they completed less than 60%.”  The entire conversation is about their respective completion percentages and NOTHING else.

I wouldn't go trade up for either one of them either because of their completion ratings. Exactly my point you are what your record says. I don't like revisionist history. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. It's not like we're talking one year's worth of review here. This is their Collegiate careers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I wouldn't go trade up for either one of them either because of their completion ratings. Exactly my point you are what your record says. I don't like revisionist history. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. It's not like we're talking one year's worth of review here. This is their Collegiate careers.

100% agree that there is enough on all in these guys to have pretty strong opinions. It’s not like last year with Trubisky where he had 10 starts. All of this year’s QBs have large enough resumes to tell a story.