Jordan Matthews not coming back

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not exactly a surprise. 

....O'Reilly time (finally)?......

Jordan Matthews (injured reserve) underwent left knee and right ankle surgery Thursday.

In a social media post, Matthews said both injuries had "plagued" him over the past two years. He's expecting a full recovery, but did not provide a timeline. Finishing his age-25 season on I.R., Matthews is headed to free agency. Thu, Dec 14, 2017 02:38:00 PM
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Jordan Meh-tthews was expendable in Philadelphia as a slot receiver with Nelson Agholor emerging.  He's just not explosive enough to be an outside receiver and Zay Jones is best suited to play slot which makes Jordan redundant.  Nice guy whom I wish nothing but the best for as he moves on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Soon-to-be-free agent WR Jordan Matthews said Tuesday on SiriusXM NFL Radio he expects the Bills to monitor the free-agent market before deciding whether to re-sign him. "Moving forward, obviously [last season] didn't work out exactly how we wanted it to," Matthews said. "I think, honestly, where I was going into free agency -- especially because I had to go into [knee and ankle] surgery [in December] -- everybody [in Buffalo] more so with me was just kind of like, 'Let's just see what happens.' They, just like everyone else around the league, wants to see the nature of my injury and how I come back and how I rehab. And I think they also want to see what happens on the open market, because there's a bunch of other receivers that coming out right now that are free agents that they might see fitting into their system too. So I'm kind of in that kind of space right now."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropMike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Come on man! You are not a #1 WR!

Well that could be why he won't be back, if he views himself as a #1 WR (and is looking to get paid that way). 

I can guarantee that the Bills don't value him as a #1. 

I wonder if they ever even made him an offer though. It didn't really seem like the Bills ever had much interest in negotiating a new contract, which is a bit surprising since he seems to fit their ideal personality traits to a 'T'. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jordan Meh-tthews was expendable in Philadelphia as a slot receiver with Nelson Agholor emerging.  He's just not explosive enough to be an outside receiver and Zay Jones is best suited to play slot which makes Jordan redundant.  Nice guy whom I wish nothing but the best for as he moves on. 

Yeah I think they view Zay as their a lot receiver of the future. 

Shame that Matthews couldn't find a long term fit here though. Definitely a Buffalo type of guy, personality wise.