I think the Bills draftingTWO QB's is in play

njbuff

I don't know if there is any veteran QB the Bills like.

And if they make that major trade up to the top of the draft, I think they may cover themselves on the backside with picking a QB in the 3rd or 4th round.

What do you guys think?

I'm guessing AJ McCarron in free agency and then Kyle Lauletta / Kevin White / Mason Rudolph in the 2nd or 3rd (not exactly sure where they are projected.  I would rather have Rosen and one of Kyle Lauletta / Kevin White / Mason Rudolph though.

Interesting thought.

On the one hand, you'd think they'd want a solid vet if they draft a first round QB. Having ONLY rookie and Peterman in the QB room screams out for some veteran presence.

On the other hand, the seemed to really like Joe Webb (especially since he can be active on game days and play special teams) last year. 

At the end of the day, I predict Bradford/Rookie/Peterman.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Interesting thought.

On the one hand, you'd think they'd want a solid vet if they draft a first round QB. Having ONLY rookie and Peterman in the QB room screams out for some veteran presence.

On the other hand, the seemed to really like Joe Webb (especially since he can be active on game days and play special teams) last year. 

At the end of the day, I predict Bradford/Rookie/Peterman.

I think Bradford is very good, WHEN HEALTHY, bUt, is he healthy.................. and if he is, will he cost too much?

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

And if they make that major trade up to the top of the draft, I think they may cover themselves on the backside with picking a QB in the 3rd or 4th round.

What do you guys think?

McDermott has already been quoted as saying that he wants a vet in the QB room for a variety of reasons. There is no way that we go with rookie, Peterman and a rookie next year. Would be about the same as going into a season with Manual/Tuel as the only QBs on the roster.

I get trying to take 2 swings at upgrading, but now with 3 young QBs you have a ton of extra work to try and groom 3 guys as opposed to having one guy at least that already knows what he is. Reps get split between 3 instead of 2, not as much attention can be paid to the guy you picked to be "The Guy". 

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

McDermott has already been quoted as saying that he wants a vet in the QB room for a variety of reasons. There is no way that we go with rookie, Peterman and a rookie next year. Would be about the same as going into a season with Manual/Tuel as the only QBs on the roster.

I get trying to take 2 swings at upgrading, but now with 3 young QBs you have a ton of extra work to try and groom 3 guys as opposed to having one guy at least that already knows what he is. Reps get split between 3 instead of 2, not as much attention can be paid to the guy you picked to be "The Guy". 

Peterman is in no way guaranteed a roster spot.  He was a 5th round pick.  They can as easily move replace him as they did Cardale Jones.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Nope

Can you provide some supporting analysis?

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I'm guessing AJ McCarron in free agency and then Kyle Lauletta / Kevin White / Mason Rudolph in the 2nd or 3rd (not exactly sure where they are projected.  I would rather have Rosen and one of Kyle Lauletta / Kevin White / Mason Rudolph though.

If they were to trade what will be required to move up for Rosen, they will by definition be nearly positive that he is the long-term answer.  In those circumstances, I would be shocked if they picked another QB with one of their (few) remaining picks.

Just now, kdiggz said:

Won't happen.

NICE.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

From what I’ve read, there is serious consideration with Nathan Peterman as QB in 2019 while a rookie develops.  The Bills think

highly of him

Do you mean next season? 

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think?

See this thread

5 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Peterman is in no way guaranteed a roster spot.  He was a 5th round pick.  They can as easily move replace him as they did Cardale Jones.

Can you provide some supporting analysis?

The coaching staff speaks very highly of Peterman publicly.

Peterman will be on the team next year.

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

What do you guys think?

For the record I am really against trading up because this group is more hype than substance, imo. 

This rating by NFL.com grading system reflects as such...QB prospect grades per NFL.com