Teddy Bridgewater market???

18 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

Totally agree that moving way up is the way to go. I'm just wondering what everyone think TB's market value is. If we can't move up into the top 5, and we draft Jackson/Allen/Rudolph, then I like the idea of Bridgewater as a bridge QB

Very true, but I doubt any team wants to commit past 1 year bc of the drastic nature of his injury. He's definetly on a "prove it" type deal. Some team might be desperate, but given the dollars is costs to sign QB's, Bridgewater might have to settle for a 1-year deal. 

Sorry if I didn't reply to those, but I probably did! I am a total addict about us upgrading the QB position. 

.....agree completely.......perhaps a 1 year deal with a decent 2nd or 3rd year option if all goes well.....can't blame him for trying, but as you said, he may have to "settle" for something less initially....good call..........

Just looking at stats, I can see why people don’t think Bridgewater is an upgrade over Taylor. His career high of 14 TD passes doesn’t exactly jump off the screen. 

He’s also not the athlete that Taylor is. Probably even less so now with his knee being basically re-built. Hell, he might not even be able to play up to his previous level again. It’s a mystery

However, Bridgewater (IF) healthy, is a large upgrade over Taylor. Accuracy, anticipation, throwing from the pocket...

I’d be very much ok with him signing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Just looking at stats, I can see why people don’t think Bridgewater is an upgrade over Taylor. His career high of 14 TD passes doesn’t exactly jump off the screen. 

He’s also not the athlete that Taylor is. Probably even less so now with his knee being basically re-built. Hell, he might not even be able to play up to his previous level again. It’s a mystery

However, Bridgewater (IF) healthy, is a large upgrade over Taylor. Accuracy, anticipation, throwing from the pocket...

....manipulative stats are way down my list in the consideration hierarchy...BUT....you nailed the key considerations IMO......a guy like Wilson has matured into "measured mobility" as in WHEN or even IF.......Bridgewater may have shown signs early on relative to accuracy, snticipation, pocket awareness/presence.....how can you tell if the severe nature of the injury does not loom large in his mind and perhaps temper the whole mobility factor?.....he thinks he can start and I applaud his outlook.....already said he would not take back up money with Vikes which may be immature on his part relative to expectations (cannot blame him for thinking long term for financial security one bit)....

TB seems like a great dude and I hope he can come back and make some money playing football.  But there is no upgrade he provides and I'm definitely not a big Taylor fan.  He has a weak arm and playing in Buffalo won't help.  He had limited mobility before a major leg injury.

i wish him the best but he is a backup qb at this point. 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thinking there are two types a deals he can see. 

1. A one year Deal at around 10M

2. A 3 year deal thag carries around a 12am AVV

This should 100% be the plan. 

Get Cousins 

or 

Go Get Darnold or Rosen 

sit back and enjoy top end QB play somethint we as a fan base hasnt seen in a Bills Uniform since Kelly 

All depends on the price tag to move up......

If unrealistic or if another team beats us out draft Lamar Jackson......the best athlete in this draft......and use those picks to complete a dominant defense

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

No team knows TB better than the Vikes and they're content to see him leave. Doesn't this bother anybody but me?

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All depends on the price tag to move up......

If unrealistic or if another team beats us out draft Lamar Jackson......the best athlete in this draft......and use those picks to complete a dominant defense

No no no. Year after year after year it is always some dumb excuse to pass on a QB. Take your freaking swing 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 hours ago, billykay said:

Relax 3rd, it was funny.

I am relaxed thank you very much.
Teddy is still a work in progress for sure. But he has tangibles and certainly intangibles.
His knee is my main issue with him.

20 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I believe he is a free agent.

I am not sure he is yet. But all the talk from Vikings pundits is he will be. Safe to assume.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I saw somewhere Teddy Bridgewater can be had for a 4th rounder but so far no takers.

Could be waived

Wants a 2 year deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/04/report-handful-of-teams-see-teddy-bridgewater-as-potential-starter/

11fumbles in two years..ran the ball nearly 90 times during that period..and now he has one knee.The 4th round pick wouldn't be bothersome but the money would be...because he would be a plan B on any roster..outside of Cleveland...if they end up with another Johnny football first round pick.

6 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Think i'm going to have to blow my brains out if we get Teddy. I sincerely hope after this Tyrod debacle that we can move on from gimmicky quarterbacks and settle on a reliable pocket passer. 

...perhaps ths whole notion of "mobility QB's"is getting stretched more and more with the vague definitions being stretched to fit more players.......what is your assessment of the Jackson kid as far as if, when or maybe never he fits as a greater good than let's say TT or Teddy?...........

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was told the same thing several years ago and did take my political thoughts to PPP.  It's been an interesting and very educational ride down there.

Thanks for the direction Master!

32 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Think i'm going to have to blow my brains out if we get Teddy. I sincerely hope after this Tyrod debacle that we can move on from gimmicky quarterbacks and settle on a reliable pocket passer. 

Some poor village is missing you, I think.

I struggle with why not many give AJ McCaron a second thought, the only thing the guy did in college is prove he's a winner & had much more to offer than a Tim Teabow type of winner as far as a passer !! 

He was the QB of 3 BCS national championships under Nick Saban (pro style offense) while at Ala. In each of his 4 seasons there his lowest completion percentage was 62.5% & the most int's he threw in any yr was 7 to 28 TD's . Not to mention he has proven to bring his team back to win from a deficit .

Every one always talks about how he couldn't unseat Dalton as the starter yet i think that is a hard thing for any back up to do is to unseat a proven starter that has multiple yrs of experience under their belt . 

DO you think Nick Foles if he stays with the Eagles would be the starter this yr if Wentz is healthy NO !! 

I think if this guy was given a true chance to compete as a starter not to compete against an already entrenched starter that he could & would show that he is still the same type of winner that he has always been .

Sure he's not going to drop a pass in 70 yds down field but not many starting QB's in todays NFL can. I've heard in some interviews surrounding the combine that some of the best attributes a NFL QB can have is deciphering defenses quickly & quick decision making when it comes to making his throws . One QB that i always thought did that was & he didn't have a huge arm was Chad Pennington .

Would we as fans welcome some one like that ? I sure would over a guy like TT !!

Sure Teddy B. i thought was going to be a real good NFL QB & still could be a consideration but the risk/reward with him is a lot higher due to his injury basically the same as Bradford , AJ. would be less of a risk/reward type of acquisition for the team .

I don't think he will ever be in a Bills uni but don't understand why he isn't given more consideration in the QB talk because he could be had on a 2 yr prove it type contract (somewhat close to what TT is making) while drafting a rookie & saving our 2 - 1st round picks using one for a QB like a Rudolf & developing said rookie into the staring position ...  

Jets Considering Teddy Bridgewater

March 5th, 2018 at 10:32am CST by Zach Links

He’s not their first choice, but the Jets are considering free agent Teddy Bridgewater as they address their quarterback position this offseason, a team source tells Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. Jets coach Todd Bowles has said that the Jets have a “Plan A, B, C, and possibly D” at QB, but it’s not clear where the team ranks Bridgewater at this time