Schefter: Rams Trading Robert Quinn to the Dolphins

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder if we would take a run at Cameron Wake. He's 35 so I could see a fairly low cap hit on a 1 year deal. McDermott loves veterans and it fills a need that I don't know if we'll solve in the draft.

I kind of like the idea of Suh and Incognito on the same team.

Nasty on offense, nasty on Defense.

i don’t think it would happen but it’s fun to think about. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I deleted that post cause I quickly saw that Quinn is only 27 and I had judged unfairly. Though, It does seem like their plan is to build through older guys. Quinn is past his prime, but still a good player.

This makes me think that Suh will be on the way out. 

I wouldn't call Quinn past his prime. Playing next to the arguably best defensive player, Aaron Donald certainly helps. Anyway , that's an awfully lot of money for him. 

Also NFL.com is reporting that Quinn was offered in the Peters trade and KC declined, just some food for thought. 

Don'tget me wrong, I'd love Quinn opposite Hughes but that price tag hurts the rest of the roster, and when you add in Tannys contract plus the DL, that's almost 50% of their cap, not exactly a sustainable winning formula imo. 

Makes me that much more grateful to have this current staff, love the way they are building this team.

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looking at the dead money hit for 2018, it appears that Quinn's full cap hit (just about) will go to the Dolphins (minus $955k). 

I believe The Phins have to make some moves to free up cap before this trade can even happen, right? They are either $5 million over the cap or $8M over the cap depending on which site you look at, and that doesn't even include the $11+ Million Quinn will cost. I believe they have to be cap compliant by the start of the new league year.... so moves are coming. 

But as of now they are at least $17M over the cap if you count Quinn.

That's absolutely ridiculous for a team that has only won 6 games 2 of the past 3 years and has only made the playoffs once in the past decade. 

Talk about horrible cap management... I love it as a Bills fan! lol 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Looking at the dead money hit for 2018, it appears that Quinn's full cap hit (just about) will go to the Dolphins (minus $955k). 

I believe The Phins have to make some moves to free up cap before this trade can even happen, right? They are either $5 million over the cap or $8M over the cap depending on which site you look at, and that doesn't even include the $11+ Million Quinn will cost. I believe they have to be cap compliant by the start of the new league year.... so moves are coming. 

That's absolutely ridiculous for a team that has only won 6 games 2 of the past 3 years and has only made the playoffs once in the past decade. 

Tannenbaum loves to get big names. Makes him appear busy.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if we would take a run at Cameron Wake. He's 35 so I could see a fairly low cap hit on a 1 year deal. McDermott loves veterans and it fills a need that I don't know if we'll solve in the draft.

....we have some other guy named Meatball at age 35 that McBeane is hoping to get one a one year deal first.....IF he's not looking for similar money to 2017 salary at $8.3 mil.....TWO 35 year old rotational guys at a combined $10-$12 mil for one year probably doesn't work............

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

...it is EXCELLENT work IMO!.......the Miami Sound Machine lives......should make Gloria Estevan the HC...............

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I wouldn't call Quinn past his prime. Playing next to the arguably best defensive player, Aaron Donald certainly helps. Anyway , that's an awfully lot of money for him. 

Also NFL.com is reporting that Quinn was offered in the Peters trade and KC declined, just some food for thought. 

Don'tget me wrong, I'd love Quinn opposite Hughes but that price tag hurts the rest of the roster, and when you add in Tannys contract plus the DL, that's almost 50% of their cap, not exactly a sustainable winning formula imo. 

Makes me that much more grateful to have this current staff, love the way they are building this team.

I thought that it went the other way, with KC wanting Quinn and LA saying no? 

Makes sense if KC didn't want him as they (unless I am mistaken) run a base 3-4 and Quinn is better in a 4-3. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nice move for Miami

Hes an absolute prototype for 43 DE. Dude checked every box and then some coming out. Blew my mind how worried people were with the final year issue in college