Joe B's Ranking of the Top Five QBs for the Bills

No issues at all with Rosen, outside of the concussions.  The Cutler comparison is laughable.  When people say there’s no Goff or Wentz in this draft they seem to forget that Goff and Wentz were both seriously flawed prospects as well.   Rosen is as good of a prospect as you can have.   Mayfield and Allen are good prospects, no question.  But Rosen has the potential to be very special in my opinion.

17 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Big hands (needed for the weather)

Big Arm (combined with the hands, Good for spinning it in wind etc)

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

Potential personality issues

Gross

Things I know. 

No one here knows and the guys who get paid to know, they only know so much. 

I’m with Major. I’ll be excited if they pick a QB and I hope he succeeds! Taylor has a huge heart but the Bills at least need someone to compete for the top job as TT has shown that he’s only so good. 

I hope Cousins settles soon and the FAs start to sign. That will open the draft a little more. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

18 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Rosen:

The good for Buffalo:

Big hands (needed for the weather)

Big Arm (combined with the hands, Good for spinning it in wind etc)

Accurate

But have to balance vs:

Statue in the pocket 

Potential personality issues

I don't think Rosen is a "statue in the pocket".  He's not the improvisational talent outside the pocket that Darnold and Mayfield are but he does have that ability to sense pressure and evade it .

As far as the "potential personality issues" that's BS.  The team has scouts who can go and talk to everyone and his cat who has ever interacted with Josh Rosen.  They can interview him 2x and have him into their facility.  Either he has issues or he doesn't, sort it out.  But there's no need to "balance vs".

17 hours ago, jr1 said:

I see Rosen being out of the league after a few years like the players that retired early from concussions 

That's the real concern IMO

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

16 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't want the Bills anywhere near Allen honestly.  I have Luke Falk ahead of Allen as a QB.  Much better accuracy, ball placement, processor and decision maker.  

I'm not enchanted with Falk. 

But I don't want Allen.  When I read "you wonder if you can teach that player to harness the ability, work on his accuracy, and make sound decisions with more regularity" that does not sound like a 1st round pick to me, let alone someone to trade up for.  Then add in "he needs to find a team where he won’t be forced into the lineup too quickly to where it cuts the legs out from his development. He’s a risky proposition" - doesn't he sound like EJM part Deux? 

His physique!  His arm!  why yeah, he's inaccurate, makes poor decisions, and isn't ready to start, but sure, let's draft him in Round 1!

this year, let's even trade UP for him!

Shudder.

14 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think it's gonna be rudolph and the bpa dt rd 1. hoping they sign a.j.  i guess i have to deal with foles not leaving philly.

that's what I'd do. Draft Jackson or Rudolph @21 then get the best DT @ 22. Foles will eventually demand a trade once Wentz returns healthy.  SB MVP's should not be sitting on the bench.

16 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Didn't I hear/read that teams are asking Jackson to switch to WR?

I think it is in Jacksons best interest to make the switch to WR as soon as possible. He is way to lanky, I see him breaking like a tooth pick from getting hit in the pocket or trying to get those few extra yards and getting crushed. The rules protecting QB's in the NFL is for pocket QB's, do you really think Brady would still be playing right now if he was getting pounded into the ground like a RB. Polian is 100% right that Lamar Jackson should be a WR in the NFL, if you take away his athletic ability he is just a below average passer with poor field vision and below average accuracy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think it is in Jacksons best interest to make the switch to WR as soon as possible. He is way to lanky, I see him breaking like a tooth pick from getting hit in the pocket or trying to get those few extra yards and getting crushed. The rules protecting QB's in the NFL is for pocket QB's, do you really think Brady would still be playing right now if he was getting pounded into the ground like a RB. Polian is 100% right that Lamar Jackson should be a WR in the NFL, if you take away his athletic ability he is just a below average passer with poor field vision and below average accuracy.

Mehhh I'm not saying I'd draft him but I agree with him when he said, "I'm a QB".  I wouldn't switch just because that is someone else's perception of what I should be.  F that.  I get to make that decision.  I would even be offended and pissed off that I was asked.  I wouldn't want to play for any organization that asked if I were him.

BTW, Bill Polian is not 100% right about Jackson being a WR.  One thing a good WR has is catch radius and big mits.  Lamar Jackson does not have big hands.  If Polian thinks Jackson is a WR I don't want Polian drafting WR's for me.

Edited by NewEraBills

14 hours ago, Herb62 said:

Rosen is Cutler, Mayfield is the real deal but trade down get more picks and take a QB late (Bradford, Peterman and the late pick).

Wow Rosen is NOTHING like Cutler. Where do you come up with this stuff 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you think Rosen is as good as Kelly?

Time will tell. But coming iut of College YEP as good if not better 

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Rosen and Darnold are skinnier than Lamar.