Brandon Beane on Lamar Jackson...

PIZ

2 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Wow, I didn't know he was victim to 38 drops. I'll admit I don't follow college players much, but are the accuracy concerns he get nothing but hot takes from box score experts, or...? 

A select few are in love with Baker Mayfield and/or Mason Rudolph and rip down the other prospects.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Wow, I didn't know he was victim to 38 drops. I'll admit I don't follow college players much, but are the accuracy concerns he get nothing but hot takes from box score experts, or...? 

Box score experts are abundant here, so are lazy comparisons to TT just because they can both run.

Lamar is a better passer than most give him credit for.  He is quite intriguing and would be STOKED if we got him.  The two QB's I want the most are Baker and Lamar.  Baker if we trade up, and Lamar if we stay put (unless Baker falls somehow to 21 then I would take Baker first).  

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Box score experts are abundant here, so are lazy comparisons to TT just because they can both run.

Lamar is a better passer than most give him credit for.  He is quite intriguing and would be STOKED if we got him.  The two QB's I want the most are Baker and Lamar.  Baker if we trade up, and Lamar if we stay put (unless Baker falls somehow to 21 then I would take Baker first).  

100% with you on this

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I've watched him a few times and his touch/placement is not there. Even in the highlight clips his open-by-an-acre receivers are adjusting and slowing and veering to get under his throws. I've seen them downright halt in their routes before. It's bad and since accuracy can't be taught, I stay far away from Lamar (and Allen). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

I've watched him a few times and his touch/placement is not there. Even in the highlight clips his open-by-an-acre receivers are adjusting and slowing and veering to get under his throws. I've seen them downright halt in their routes before. It's bad and since accuracy can't be taught, I stay far away from Lamar (and Allen). 

same stuff was said here about Watson last year.....

• Like (+1) 1

When I think of Lamar Jackson, I think of a shiny bronze bust in the bust HOF... He's not even 1/2 of what Kaepernick was coming into the draft, and I consider them very similar stylewise... STAY AWAY unless he's there in the 2nd...

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

When I think of Lamar Jackson, I think of a shiny bronze bust in the bust HOF... He's not even 1/2 of what Kaepernick was coming into the draft, and I consider them very similar stylewise... STAY AWAY unless he's there in the 2nd...

Oh please he’s done way more than kap did. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not a Jackson fanboy. I think I have stated my case in numerous threads. I don't think he is a QB who can beat you with his arm which leaves us in the same spot we are now. He is far more electric with his legs than Tyrod though. If we want to run a college style offense then he may be the guy. The Cam comparison isn't viable because Cam is 250lbs where Jackson isn't even 220lbs. Cam barely holds up from year to year so how do you think Jackson will fair?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

same stuff was said here about Watson last year.....

Watson is miles ahead of Jackson as a passer if you have actually watched the two play 

John Murphy: Bills at their own 30 yard line.  Lamar Jackson in the shotgun (because that's all he knows) with 3 receivers split wide.  Here's the snap.  Pressure coming right away up the middle! Lamar Jackson rolls out, he's going to take off! Jackson is at the 35, the 40, looking to get out of bounds and OH! Lamar Jackson got hit low by the safety and he is down and clutching at his knee.  This is not looking good for the 21st overall pick right now.

• Haha (+1) 3

I question his judgement with him using his MOTHER to rep him and not an agent. It is utterly stupid to choose penny-pinching on a rookie slotted contract at the cost of draft position. If he had an agent there would have been a stronger response to all this WR conversion talk. I don't think this guy is surrounded by the right people.  

18 minutes ago, #34fan said:

So you’d draft a half talented Kaepernick(according to you)in the second round?

yeah makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

In what universe?  Marvel? -Or DC?

Oh I dunno, in the universe in which he won a Heisman trophy? The fact that you made that comment at all was ridiculous, that you defended it is nothing short of reprehensible. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

John Murphy: Bills at their own 30 yard line.  Lamar Jackson in the shotgun (because that's all he knows) with 3 receivers split wide.  Here's the snap.  Pressure coming right away up the middle! Lamar Jackson rolls out, he's going to take off! Jackson is at the 35, the 40, looking to get out of bounds and OH! Lamar Jackson got hit low by the safety and he is down and clutching at his knee.  This is not looking good for the 21st overall pick right now.

Isn't that how most of us felt about E.J. and currently feel about Taylor? For the most part..the fans are fed up by that style of play by a qb.