Panthers Cut RB Jonathan Stewart

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Stick with Cadet.

I thought cadet did some nice things. 

After using tolbert most of the season as the second RB- I can not rationally exclude Stewart or anyone else for that matter... 

Oddly even going in to camp it seemed like every rb on the roster was on the wrong side of 27

5 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Stick with Cadet.

I think they will, to an extent. Cadet does catch the football well.

But I also think that they neglected the position too much last year, and with the likes of Ivory and Stewart becoming available,  at what shouldn't be big numbers, and not counting against any compensatory formula, I would expect them to get something done.

That gives us, imho, the ideal balance, with Shady the workhorse, who can simply do it all, someone like Ivory the bludgeon, and Cadet, with quickness and receiving ability.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right. I love my running backs.  I don’t love him.

Should be interesting to see... Daboll has been handcuffed with some pretty lousy QBs so I think he'll definitely want to get that position right this time.  Another running back will likely be on the short list - but i think they want someone who can catch and line up in multiple positions.  

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Im trying to figure out why the bills should "steer clear" from this back and that back

It is the BACKUP RB

They just need to be able to share carries......and give us a few big games when Shady gets dinged up....what is not to like?

Are there any marginal players in the nfl that you don’t like John?  Guys that had decent careers that you just didn’t think were any goods. If the answer is yes, then imagine the Bills signing one of those players.  Would you be happy about it?  I think we can get a better player.  I like my running backs and I don’t want to have another year of watching a player I don’t like wearing a Bills uniform running the ball.