Patrick DiMarco - stay or go?

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Single-handedly ruined Peterman's start at QB by letting that pass go through his hands for interception #1. That destroyed Peterman and his future as a starter.

Theoretically, of course.....

If one pick really did ruin Nasty Nate's start, then he truly is a kitty.

Dump DiMarco.  The pass Houston is referring to. There was also another game he could have scored an easy TD, but tripped over his own feet and couldn't get to the football.  seems he dropped on on 3rd down in a game earlier in the year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s really more about the roster spot given his position and performance. 

He came to buffalo as the #1 rated run blocking FB, nothing wrong with his performance.  If the offense is planing on using a FB in the run game it would be ridicules to cut him.  They fired the O coordinator for a reason, he under performed with the talent he had.

If the offense is going to rid the FB position thats fine but there has been no indication of that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Just draft Da'Ron Payne and play him both ways!

A DT who scores TD's, Its Kyles replacement!

As for Dimarco, it all depends on Daboll. If his system needs a FB and he thinks Dimarco fits, keep him, if not, then theres no need keeping a roster spot for him. His salary doesn't cripple the Bills cap, but if your not going to use him (like Dennison), then he is not worth keeping a spot on the roster for since FB seems to be a little used position anymore

If you need a roster spot, move on from Tolbert please.

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We need to defer to Daboll. DiMarco wasn’t the only person who looked out of place. Dennison had Tolbert in on packages at times that didn’t suit his skill set. I believe DiMarco has the talent. 

Hard for me to define what either Mike or Patrick should best be used for.

I did see good individual play from both of them.

Play calling ? Hmmm.

I would never have signed him.  I certainly wouldn't keep him.  I think we'd have been better off using Tolbert or Clay as a blocking FB when we needed one and still letting them contribute in their normal roles (not that Tolbert contributed much) and using that spot for a proper #2 change of pace back.  

My main thought on this is that NE has used a FB successfully for years. But it was one who could catch. DiMarco doesn't do catch. So I could see him being ditched.

Having said that, like others did in this thread, I often wondered why we had acually signed him, when he didn't seem to be on the field that much.

I also wonder if some of the stupid plays we saw Tolbert being given, were as a result of Dennison not getting an extra RB to use. It seemed to take an age to sign Cadet, and the amount of time we were just going with Shady backed by Tolbert, throughout the season, struck me as being far too much for a run first team.

55 minutes ago, Buddo said:

My main thought on this is that NE has used a FB successfully for years. But it was one who could catch. DiMarco doesn't do catch. So I could see him being ditched.

They do use their tight ends as H back types, but their true fullback is usually a blocker. James Develin, their fullback for the past four years has 19 career catches for 161 yards and zero touchdowns. DiMarco has 44 catches for 301 yards and four touchdowns. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They do use their tight ends as H back types, but their true fullback is usually a blocker. James Develin, their fullback for the past four years has 19 career catches for 161 yards and zero touchdowns. DiMarco has 44 catches for 301 yards and four touchdowns. 

I just can't help remembering how badly the likes of Kevin Faulk used to gash us. 

For the last few years, I'll stand corrected then ;)

• Like (+1) 1