Peter King lays it ALL out on the QB Carousel

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Part of me wonders if every team is using Josh Allen as a smokescreen, kind of like how Nassib and Barkley got all the buzz in 2013. Another part of me knows GMs make the same mistakes with big strong armed QBs every single year and that part of me is scared the Bills really like him.

Good call! I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. Even his most ardent supporters know he is a huge project and with that comes huge uncertainty. I'm betting GMs won't pick him before the other big 3 guys.

36 minutes ago, McBean said:

Taylor to Miami would give us a good chance to sweep those 2 divisional games as well.

Tyrod has a 4-2 career record versus Miami. He's thrown 10 TDs and 0 INTs in those games, and his average passer rating is 114.9.

The Dolphins QBs in those games have thrown 6 TDs and 8 INTs, and they have an average passer rating of 78.3.

So their fans might have a different perspective. As it stands we have slow LBs and a mediocre at best front 4, so I wouldn't feel great going against him.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Very interesting scenarios. This only happens if NYG passes on Rosen. Not a Rosen fan with his injury and attitude history. Darnold will be gone to Cleveland. Staying at 21 and considering MasonR is not a terrible plan. Keep our picks, build the Oline and Dline. Then try to sign Bradford. 

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago

Jets reportedly are willing to pay "whatever it takes" to get Kirk Cousins https://wp.me/p14QSB-axun 
"

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal"

34 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago

Jets reportedly are willing to pay "whatever it takes" to get Kirk Cousins https://wp.me/p14QSB-axun 
"

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal"

I believe he will get the first fully guaranteed deal. Whether he takes it from the Jets, I don’t know. 

I think the Broncos will find the money. 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I believe he will get the first fully guaranteed deal. Whether he takes it from the Jets, I don’t know. 

I think the Broncos will find the money. 

Denver Estimated cap space $25,918,793  

As a comparison 

Buffalo Estimated cap space $29,3568,937

If Buffalo can't afford him w/o tearing the team apart ..... Denver is in a worse position 

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Tyrod has a 4-2 career record versus Miami. He's thrown 10 TDs and 0 INTs in those games, and his average passer rating is 114.9.

The Dolphins QBs in those games have thrown 6 TDs and 8 INTs, and they have an average passer rating of 78.3.

So their fans might have a different perspective. As it stands we have slow LBs and a mediocre at best front 4, so I wouldn't feel great going against him.

I’d much rather face Tannehill than Tyrod. Tannehill can’t hurt you. He doesn’t make big plays.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d much rather face Tannehill than Tyrod. Tannehill can’t hurt you. He doesn’t make big plays.

I agree. It's notable that in our 2 losses to Miami they had a 200 yard running back in each game. In other words Tannehill didn't beat us in those games, their run game and defense did. If not for those 2 awful defensive showings Tyrod would be 6-0 against them.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Part of me wonders if every team is using Josh Allen as a smokescreen, kind of like how Nassib and Barkley got all the buzz in 2013. Another part of me knows GMs make the same mistakes with big strong armed QBs every single year and that part of me is scared the Bills really like him.

For every analyst that says his accuracy is a huge problem, there's another one that says it's fixable. I think teams will fall in love with the raw skill (better than any QB we've seen in a  long time) and trust that they can make it work until they see a reason to doubt that. 

The selling points for Allen will be if he proves to be a hard worker and a smart kid, and if his coaches (who also coached Wentz) think that that 56 comp % can get into the low to mid 60's. 

He's so hard to judge because he was in such a small program. He's facing the same issues that Wentz went through where people weren't sure about what he would translate to. 

All that to say: Raw talent goes a looongggg way. 

Broncos get a proven number 1 QB with potentially 10 years left in him and our two first rounders and another high pick this year or next and we get a very good college QB who might never pan out.  Sorry.  Broncos cap situation not that different than ours.  This is ridiculous.  Look at all the first round QB's that have sucked. Any GM who makes that deal should be power-slammed onto a burning table.  

Buffalo: Josh Rosen. The musical chairs are getting scarce. This could be a McCarron, Keenum or Bradford spot too. If Denver gets Cousins, I could see Elway dealing his one (fifth overall) for Buffalo’s two first-round picks (21, 22) and another high pick this year or next—I could see Tampa Bay, Chicago, Oakland and San Francisco at seven through 10 in round one doing the same—to allow Buffalo to jump up and get a good quarterback prospect.

Edited by Badthingsman

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We live in a reality where whatever QB the Jets get will be a star, and whatever QB we get will bust. It's what we've been programmed to accept. We have been conditioned. 

If we somehow bust this and make it not so, then we will know we're moving in the right direction. 

I assume you mean in general vs NFL teams and not specific to Jets?........as Jets never get a star QB. Sanchez, Todd,  G Smith, Hackenberg, many late in career downsider Qb's like Favre, Esiason, N O'Donnell,  Testeverde, Vick, 

Ken O'Brien was probably best and screamed avg almost his whole career. Same with Fitzpatrick having one good year with them.

Chad Pennington was OK but noodle arm after injury and never healthy outside one year.

Even Namath was a one year wonder and many avg years in regards to team W/L record.

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

I assume you mean in general vs NFL teams and not specific to Jets?........as Jets never get a star QB. Sanchez, Todd,  G Smith, Hackenberg, many late in career downsider Qb's like Favre, Esiason, N O'Donnell,  Testeverde, Vick, 

Ken O'Brien was probably best and screamed avg almost his whole career. Same with Fitzpatrick having one good year with them.

Chad Pennington was OK but noodle arm after injury and never healthy outside one year.

Even Namath was a one year wonder and many avg years in regards to team W/L record.

Just due to the divisional rivalry. The strength of chance that fate screws the bills is larger than the Jets ability to pick a good QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I would never thought Taylor to the Dolphins...but when you think about it, some of Taylor’s best games are against Miami.  Their fans must think he is some kind of world beater.  

Miami would be insane to downgrade the QB position by replacing Tannehill with Tyrod.

We also know better than anyone how to stop Tyrod; you know, the whole "make him be a QB" thing.

As long as Tyrod plays at Miami, that's 2 wins a year for us.

Don't see that happening at all from Miami's perspective.

I'm not a huge fan of Josh Rosen overall, but he is probably the most talented pure passer in the draft, which compared to Tyrod makes him a passing god.

Edited by Fadingpain

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Mccarron is going to choose to sign anywhere that he doesn’t have a decent chance to start out of the gate. 

He should sign with New England. Back up Brady for a couple years and then either take over or build even more value and get traded to a team that will pay him a huge contract.

Tyrod is likely looking at a back up role no matter where he goes. Miami might not be a bad chose for him. Tannehill is not a set in stone franchise QB so a window very well could open that makes him the starter. 

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’m so afraid of the Jets winning the QB lottery and us failing.  

I don’t want Mayfield haunting us for 15 years. Let them get Allen 

Just watch, the Jets are going all in on Cousins. They're 80 million under the cap (no one else is close), the current regime has no time to develop a rookie QB, and they'll get to use their #6 overall pick on another position, probably offensive line.